Just a feeling

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
With all these guys we drafted last year, I have a strong feeling that Jerry is going to be doing some wheelin n dealin come draft day.

Look at these guys that you might have forgotten and are basically 2010 draft picks.

Robert Brewster RT. With the emergence of Free and most likely being moved over to LT next year, combined with giving Brewster a shot, it looks like LT may not be such a high priorioty as it was before. If a blue chip LT is there then grab him but we won't really NEED to draft one.

Jason Williams MLB. Brooking looks to have 2 years left in him to play ball and Carpenter will probably be let go to allow Jason Williams to become nickel LB and groomed to take over for Brooking. James is still solid and only still 28. Won't really have to reach for a MLB, but a McClain or Spikes will be too much to pass up.

Stephen Hodge S/LB. I still like this guy and hopefully he can be 100% come 2010 TC. Solid special teamer, not to mention they probably won't just give up on him. He'll find himself in some exotic packages playing safety or linebacker.

These are guys that didn't even play a down yet. They'll most likely be on the team next year.

My point is that with these 3 guys basically being 2010 draft picks, Jerry will be able to package multiple picks for one blue chip player. Not to mention we won't really have to draft for need since most of our positions are filled.

Can't wait for the draft already!

The Realist

Reaction score
Good post. There is a flip side.

Instead of moving up for an "impact" player in one, with so few needs why not try to move a pick or two into 2011 while adding some Frees/Brewsters at OL and other positions in this draft.

Save the first rounders for when we really have a need.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3201343 said:
Good post. There is a flip side.

Instead of moving up for an "impact" player in one, with so few needs why not try to move a pick or two into 2011 while adding some Frees/Brewsters at OL and other positions in this draft.

Save the first rounders for when we really have a need.

2010 is loaded with talent. I'd trade a 2011 first rounder to jump up and grab a high 2010 2nd rounder.

Next years class is pretty weak.

The Realist

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3201366 said:
2010 is loaded with talent. I'd trade a 2011 first rounder to jump up and grab a high 2010 2nd rounder.

Next years class is pretty weak.

I guess I'm just not buying the fact that this is the mother of all drafts in terms of depth yet.

Some guys who were expected to come out and impact round one have decided to stay.

If this draft is so deep where are the studs 20-32.

Where is Ed Reed at 24? Where is Mike Jenkins at 25? Where is Michael Oher at 23? Where is Ray Lewis at 26?

Those guys will be in this draft. Earl Thomas, McClain, Anthony Davis, but they will go top 15 IMO. That cost you serious juice to get up there. Probably in the range of next year's 2 and 3 if not more.

Keep building it the way we have been is my call.

Seems to be working well.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
We need to come out of this draft with a S and one solid offensive playmaker.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I dont want to be reckless w/ the picks, but if we can turn our 6 plus maybe a 2011 pick into 2 in top 40 and one more mid rounder Id be happy.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
how many times do I have to tell you guys Brewster is a G

not big enuf to play OT

I will bet your life he plays at G not OT

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I dont see Brooking having 2 years left either.

And you may want to put away the annointing oil on Free