Just a Reminder: PFF 2021 Final Offensive Line Ranking

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's the offseason so I have no issue with several here posting every PFF ranking there is under the sun.
I'm generally not a PFF fan, but whatever. It's offseason and we need amusement.

But just keep in mind, they ranked Dallas' Offensive Line as the very best in the entire NFL last year.
This was their full season, final ranking.

So Dak and Zeke had the best line in football last year according to PFF

Link
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

Just a friendly reminder.
Don't shoot the messenger

phildadon86

Reaction score
It's the offseason so I have no issue with several here posting every PFF ranking there is under the sun.
I'm generally not a PFF fan, but whatever. It's offseason and we need amusement.

But just keep in mind, they ranked Dallas' Offensive Line as the very best in the entire NFL last year.

Link

They also ranked diggs as the best press corner but one of the worst corners last season. Seems odd. Lol

RS12

Reaction score
Just scrolling through some of the grades for all teams and not really sure how they come up with these scores. For example: Connor Williams 76.4 and then I compare it to Brandon Scherff 73.7 or Quinton Nelson who most pundits say is on a HOF path 69.8? My eyes tell me something is a miss here. Doesnt seem like Philbon who was Connor Williams position coach lost a whole lot of sleep about him moving on. I dont understand what the criteria is.

Sydla

Reaction score
Just scrolling through some of the grades for all teams and not really sure how they come up with these scores. For example: Connor Williams 76.4 and then I compare it to Brandon Scherff 73.7 or Quinton Nelson who most pundits say is on a HOF path 69.8? My eyes tell me something is a miss here. Doesnt seem like Philbon who was Connor Williams position coach lost a whole lot of sleep about him moving on. I dont understand what the criteria is.

Huge grain of salt when you look at PFF stuff. There is no chance this team was the best OL in football last year. Zero.

Swagger

Reaction score

Link

Weird. I thought the Cowboys had a horrific o-line if you believed what some assert on here. Go figure.

You would think Prescott barely has time to catch the ball before having to throw it!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The Cowboys ranking isnt really accurate as they had two outliers in Smith & Martin who scored a 90+

Also we need to keep in mind that Oline play wasn't just an issue in Dallas, Oline play around the league has been trending down as Dlineman continue to get freakishly athletic and defenses continue to get more exotic.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Link

That is just crazy!!
The best line?
Ha ha ha ha ha
:lmao2::lmao::laugh:

DFWJC

Reaction score
That is just crazy!!
The best line?
Ha ha ha ha ha
:lmao2::lmao::laugh:
Yeah.
I don't know who had the best, but I don't think it was Dallas.

Can't really judge well without looking at all the other top lines all season too.
Could've been a crap year for oline play.

Just from my casual viewing of other teams around the league, I would have said Dallas was maybe in 7-10 range

I usually have issues with PFF's list anyway

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yeah.
I don't know who had the best, but I don't think it was Dallas.

Can't really judge will without looking at all the other top lines all season too.
Could've been a crap year for oline play.

Just from my casual viewing of other teams around the league, I would have said Dallas was maybe in 7-10 range

I usually have issues with PFF's list anyway
Yep 7 to 10
Would be more realistic

plymkr

Reaction score

Link

The bad news is I don't have faith in PFF. The good news is I feel with the addition of Smith and the release of Collins and Conner we will be better this year. Dak and Zeke and Moore won't have any excuses for poor execution with "the best line in football". Lol, I don't think we had the best line in football last year but I'm not paid to analyze it. But we should be better this year and no excuses for poor offensive play IMO.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Link

Sure buddy, they had the best line. Thats why it was our #1 priority this year and we used a first round pick on one.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm loading my slingshot and made a bunch of spitballs.
You're going to feel such an annoyance!!!
giphy.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sure.
But it sounded like you were telling it to me as if I made the ranking.

"Sure buddy, they had the best line"

Sounds like you are mocking me for something I didn't say.

That's all.

Ok, no sorry. I was just saying, like you, its a joke.

I think what PFF does is simply take the cumulative rankings of all 5 guys and add them up. Which is really flawed.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
While I disagree that Dallas was the best O line, I didn't think they were terrible last year. Dak had a good bit of time to throw, he just frequently took longer than he had. They were great on blitz pick ups. I rarely remember free runs at the QB like you get on many teams and Dak's numbers versus the blitz back it up.

As far as the run game, Zeke just took too long to get to holes post injury. Pre injury, the holes were there and the holes were there for Pollard all season.

The offensive line did have some absolutely killer drive killing penalties. I'm not sure how that gets scored for PFF but when you turn a 30 yard gain into a 10 yard loss, it should be a massive minus.