CFZ Just be aware of the business end of the NFL

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Hey Rocky I hate to tell you this but somebody can answer this The problem is the person is way above your football pay grade.
I really don't think any of the owners are going to describe to you in detail how they have entrusted the league officials to use the referees to manipulate games for maximum profit .

I think you're going to have to gravitate to a higher position in the football world other than the ultimate fan on the cowboy forum to garner this knowledge.

Just saying!!!

Hey buddy don't get mad I'm just busting your balls.
So you’re saying the owners have instructed the refs to make calls against their own team?
:lmao2:

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was a business, run by some of the same billionaires, when the Cowboys were winning Super Bowls.

Were those fixed, too?

Like all successful businesses they are continuing to evolve and figure out how to make more money.
Evolving and making more money sometimes means implementing new but somewhat unethical practices.
Would this be the first time we've ever seen that happen in the world.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
And the rest of the teams I listed? It's just hilarious that you know that refs grew up in a vacuum, what the refs feel, what their kids feel, what the refs feel in response to what their kids feel, how hating the Cowboys is their single driving life force, making all sorts of creative leaps, and yet nothing on what the refs' individual moral compass is, their thoughts on fidelity to duty and doing a good job or any of the actual major factors that go into performing their jobs. Rogue refs who never get overruled by refs not in on the scheme? Okay.

This is defense mechanism on steroids if ever I saw it. All because people can't accept that their team loses games from time to time and aren't perennial winners anymore. How sad is this? Complete crazy-making. I hope this isn't projection because that would make you one corrupt mofo with no self-control. I really should get into neuroscience a bit more because the brain can do wonders guided or misguided.

This is deflection of the highest order. So acknowledging the existence of corruption means one is himself corrupt? Do you even read the words you write? And your strawman about having to know everything about these people or having it be "their single driving life force." to know that it's an undeniable fact that since some percentage of human beings are corrupt and weak and ALL refs are human it stands to reason that some percentage of refs are likewise corrupt and weak. Sorry if that fact bothers you but like I always say, the facts do not need your acceptance to be facts. Maybe refs are less inclined to any of these maladies I described than other human beings.. but no one will ever convince me that every single one of them is beyond reproach. That's just stupid. You don't like it.. Too bad. There is no group of human beings on Earth are 100% honorable. Priests raping nuns and altar boys should have put that notion to bed forever.

Blackrain

Reaction score
So you’re saying the owners have instructed the refs to make calls against their own team?
:lmao2:

Not the refs buddy The League The owners have given the league permission to do what's necessary to make the maximum amount of money in a 17 game regular season.
The league uses the referees as a tool to manipulate the games for maximum revenue.
And the laughing emoji really fits because the owners are laughing all the way to the bank.

These are men with so much money that a little silver trophy and a Super bowl accolade mean nothing to them it's about creating more wealth and power.

Super bowls and Lombardi trophies Don't buy those giant ships like Jerry has. That's bought with smart business practices and having the most valuable sports franchise in the world while only attaining a couple playoff wins in the last 27 years.

True genius!!

Super bowls are important to die hard fans like us.
The Lombardi trophy might as well be something out of a gumball machine for guys with Jerry's money.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Like all successful businesses they are continuing to evolve and figure out how to make more money.
Evolving and making more money sometimes means implementing new but somewhat unethical practices.
Would this be the first time we've ever seen that happen in the world.
Not in sports at least in the US. Pete Rose and the NBA ref bet on games but there hasn’t been any systematic league wide collusion to fix games. It can’t happen here. Too many people would be involved and it would eventually get out.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, the game has evolved into this over hyped commercial revenue generating commodity that purist of the game largely despise . I’ve been a critic as well.

He’s the thing though . We haven’t proved there is any organized or individual corruption among the league or officials in throwing games. They are innocent until proven guilty. It’s our burden to prove.

It’s all Conspiracy Theories based largely on fans disgust on what the game has become and their frustration with new rules , direction of the league, probably their team and who knows what else in life.
So...you being dubious about it in a seemingly logical way.....how WOULD one go about proving it?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not in sports at least in the US. Pete Rose and the NBA ref bet on games but there hasn’t been any systematic league wide collusion to fix games. It can’t happen here. Too many people would be involved and it would eventually get out.

Did you not see the ATL receiver who got suspended a year for betting on games? And I repeat.. I don't think there needs to be any league-wide deal going on. A handful could make it happen without trying that hard. And frankly there is ample evidence that some crap is going on every summer but we are SO married to the belief that everything has to be on the up and up that we refuse to believe our own eyes.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Did you not see the ATL receiver who got suspended a year for betting on games? And I repeat.. I don't think there needs to be any league-wide deal going on. A handful could make it happen without trying that hard. And frankly there is ample evidence that some crap is going on every summer but we are SO married to the belief that everything has to be on the up and up that we refuse to believe our own eyes.
What is some of this ample evidence? A player betting on games is an isolated event limited to just him.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
This is deflection of the highest order. So acknowledging the existence of corruption means one is himself corrupt? Do you even read the words you write? And your strawman about having to know everything about these people or having it be "their single driving life force." to know that it's an undeniable fact that since some percentage of human beings are corrupt and weak and ALL refs are human it stands to reason that some percentage of refs are likewise corrupt and weak. Sorry if that fact bothers you but like I always say, the facts do not need your acceptance to be facts. Maybe refs are less inclined to any of these maladies I described than other human beings.. but no one will ever convince me that every single one of them is beyond reproach. That's just stupid. You don't like it.. Too bad. There is no group of human beings on Earth are 100% honorable. Priests raping nuns and altar boys should have put that notion to bed forever.

Wow. Sometimes I think some of you are just pulling my chain, but some of you ... Ooof. You said before that no one is going to change your mind. Not trying to in the slightest. This is just an interesting sample of the mindset that's out there and I find it fascinating. You know all about how refs grew up, their kids grew up, what they liked and disliked, it all led to them turning out to be corrupt, and call all these things "facts" but then get bent out of shape if someone suggests you might be projecting? Have at it, man.

I've seen your mental contortion in action when you tried to say that the "take an additional step" in the catch rule didn't actually mean taking a step but starting to take a step. However, this creativity exceeds even that. I really hope none of y'all are in danger of hypertension over this game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What is some of this ample evidence? A player betting on games is an isolated event limited to just him.

They somehow managed to overrule the refs on the field of a fumble during the "tuck rule" game.

6 or 7 refs managed to "not see" the PI in the Saints/Rams game ..

The replay official back in NYC decided that he knew better than the refs on the field to rob Dez of a catch.

Dallas Cowboys opponents did not draw one single solitary offensive holding penalty for 9 straight games in 2020.

A group of refs waited until the Cowboys kicked a field goal and the broadcast went to commercial break to decide to review a play that took place several minutes prior to force the Cowboys to kick a 60 yard FG.. again.

I could sit here and list 50 of these facts and it would not change anybody's minds again because people are invested in things being 100% fair.. I am not such a person. You may be and that's fine.. I'm afraid I can't join you.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They somehow managed to overrule the refs on the field of a fumble during the "tuck rule" game.

6 or 7 refs managed to "not see" the PI in the Saints/Rams game ..

The replay official back in NYC decided that he knew better than the refs on the field to rob Dez of a catch.

Dallas Cowboys opponents did not draw one single solitary offensive holding penalty for 9 straight games in 2020.

A group of refs waited until the Cowboys kicked a field goal and the broadcast went to commercial break to decide to review a play that took place several minutes prior to force the Cowboys to kick a 60 yard FG.. again.

I could sit here and list 50 of these facts and it would not change anybody's minds again because people are invested in things being 100% fair.. I am not such a person. You may be and that's fine.. I'm afraid I can't join you.
I disagree with you but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every human endeavor is full of of corruption, avarice, greed, all the human faults and sins, intentional or accident.
Why do people think the NFL would be any different? Because they are so smart and omnipotent they can't ever be fooled?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough.. I've just seen too much BS in these games to completely trust the NFL.
Too much bs in life....and not afraid to say it.

Ooh...the NFL....is immune to the human condition. Pure as snow angels.

That would be a first in human history.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Yes, the game has evolved into this over hyped commercial revenue generating commodity that purist of the game largely despise . I’ve been a critic as well.

He’s the thing though . We haven’t proved there is any organized or individual corruption among the league or officials in throwing games. They are innocent until proven guilty. It’s our burden to prove.

It’s all Conspiracy Theories based largely on fans disgust on what the game has become and their frustration with new rules , direction of the league, probably their team and who knows what else in life.
I agree, but there is a lot of circumstantial evidence. Also, I/We or whoever feels the way I do are not a court of law, but fans who spend money in various aspect to support the sport.

Since I'm not in court with them and maybe they want to maintain our interest and spending habits as fans I personally feel they have to convince me/us to keep up the spend. Which shifts the burden of proof, if they care about my business...Which admittedly is the smallest of slivers. Although I did take the wife to Lambeau this year (She's a Packers fan of course) and I did purchase the Sunday Ticket, so theres that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree, but there is a lot of circumstantial evidence. Also, I/We or whoever feels the way I do are not a court of law, but fans who spend money in various aspect to support the sport.

Since I'm not in court with them and maybe they want to maintain our interest and spending habits as fans I personally feel they have to convince me/us to keep up the spend. Which shifts the burden of proof, if they care about my business...Which admittedly is the smallest of slivers. Although I did take the wife to Lambeau this year (She's a Packers fan of course) and I did purchase the Sunday Ticket, so theres that.
That comes off hypocritical. On one hand you believe the leagues results could be fake but yet you still support. If I felt the NFL was anything even remotely as fake as Wrestling I’d totally ignore as I do it.

I see that the league has much more to lose than gain by manipulating the results. Why risk a multi billion industry that continues having record growth?

The leagues popularity doesn’t appear to waver regardless who wins.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That comes off hypocritical. On one hand you believe the leagues results could be fake but yet you still support.

If I felt the NFL was anything even remotely as fake as Wrestling I’d totally ignore as I do it.
It's not as fake as wrestling. Why are you picking the worst case scenario?

This is crap. Wrestlers practice their fake moves. NFL players do not.

Does not mean the NFL organization doesnt have any corruption about it.

? good Lord....what people do to rationalize their opinions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's not as fake as wrestling. Why are you picking the worst case scenario?

This is crap. Wrestlers practice their fake moves. NFL players do not.

Does not mean the NFL organization doesnt have any corruption about it.

? good Lord....what people do to rationalize their opinions.
Fans arguing on behalf of the Conspiracy Theories have used Wrestling as a comparison in this thread.

And until there is evidence of organized corruption in officiating or an individual just hating on a team manipulating results then those opinions are pure unsubstantiated accusations and fake news if presented as anything else.

Arguing there isn’t evidence to support corruption in officiating isn’t an opinion. It’s fact until proven otherwise.

Last edited: