Just because you paid him does not make him worth it

jnday

Reaction score
So why post? Why watch and follow the team? Why such a lengthy rant that is based on pure speculation and hyperbole? Why do that to yourself for all to see? What is that going to solve? Why not be patient and wait and see how these decisions turn out this year and the next for this team? Lots of good decisions, drafts and moves have been made in recent years with this team and organization. Patience is a virtue.
I believe that all of us have shown great patience. 26 years of patience and we are still Cowboy fans.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I'm not going to argue the talent level of Dak or the coaching. I feel Dak is not elite but with the right pieces around him he can win. I feel Dak is the level of QB that with the right team around him he can win the Super Bowl. He reminds me of Flacco, Dilfer and as you mentioned Wilson. With talent he can win. What I feel you'll be surprised at is our WRs. This is a much better receiving core that started 2018. We'll be good at receiver once Gallup gets back. All QBs have to deal with their WRs getting injured. At least we can plan for Gallup instead of a surprise injury in the middle of the season. If we have success this year or we fall flat on our faces it won't be because of the WRs. The season depends on Dak rebounding from a poor 2nd half of the season, Moore learning to gameplan to put his playmakers in good matchups and the defense making another jump in production. It'll be interesting and hopefully fun to watch.

(and) "Moore learning to gameplan to put his playmakers in good matchups"
That right there is a big one. Maybe even bigger than we know. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Moore is going to learn that. Personally I think MM needs to take a firmer hand with Moore's offense. MM expected to be the play caller when he first came here then Jerry stepped in and all that changed. KM was young, inexperienced and unproven when Jerry awarded him with full control of the offense. And IMO nothing has changed in that regard.

jnday

Reaction score
Because his feeling are hurt and he wants his blankie....just look at his name. NoLuv4Jerry? Lol!!!
I'm glad these types keep posting this stuff....makes me laugh and makes me happy that they are so miserable...
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
It’s more concerning that you missed the good points that he made in his post. For many of us long time fans, we are tired of Jerry’s ego which has hurt this team since the day he bought the Cowboys.

plymkr

Reaction score
(and) "Moore learning to gameplan to put his playmakers in good matchups"
That right there is a big one. Maybe even bigger than we know. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Moore is going to learn that. Personally I think MM needs to take a firmer hand with Moore's offense. MM expected to be the play caller when he first came here then Jerry stepped in and all that changed. KM was young, inexperienced and unproven when Jerry awarded him with full control of the offense. And IMO nothing has changed in that regard.
I agree. In the 49ers playoff loss Aikman pointed out how Lamb was open and we weren't capitalizing on it. I haven't seen anything out of Moore that gives me hope he sees that and can make an in-game adjustments.

Cmac

Reaction score
No one ever says a player is outperforming his contract.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
"We"?! It wasn't Wodgers when MM was in GB. If it WAS Wodgers than why does he ONLY HAVE ONE RING IN HIS 16 YEAR TENURE? You "can't take this team seriously" because you have a man crush on Wilson & Carroll. Go cheer for them. Stop comparing a 16 year quarterback to a 6 year quarterback. Ridiculous thread on our beloved Quarterback. Ignore Ignited....
Weren't you the same person who just a few posts earlier lamented about his long post that you weren't going to read? :omg:

Flamma

Reaction score
HATER!!!!:muttley:
Prime example was this past seasons Broncos game going into the 4th Q we were down 30-0 and then the Broncos defense guess felt sorry for Dakko and let him plug in some garbage stats.......:grin:

Yep. Broncos went to an all deep zone after the interception. There's a guy by the name of Brett Kollmann on you tube that does a great job of breaking down this game. It's called "The one coverage that somehow wrecked the Cowboys" I'd post the link but right in the beginning he says ***. He doesn't curse throughout the entire video except for that. I didn't know if I should post that, so I didn't.

Just a warning, he's going to be extremely critical of Dak, so if that bother you, don't watch. :lmao2:

But at the same time, he does think Dak is a very good QB. He just sees this as a blip. I think he called Dak a top 5 QB after trashing him for the whole video.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defenses have discovered his weaknesses and it's gonna be Dak Mike McCarthy and Kellyn Moore's job to Draw up a workable offense which Dak can produce and win

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s more concerning that you missed the good points that he made in his post. For many of us long time fans, we are tired of Jerry’s ego which has hurt this team since the day he bought the Cowboys.
That doesn't concern me at all...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yep. Broncos went to an all deep zone after the interception. There's a guy by the name of Brett Kollmann on you tube that does a great job of breaking down this game. It's called "The one coverage that somehow wrecked the Cowboys" I'd post the link but right in the beginning he says ***. He doesn't curse throughout the entire video except for that. I didn't know if I should post that, so I didn't.

Just a warning, he's going to be extremely critical of Dak, so if that bother you, don't watch. :lmao2:

But at the same time, he does think Dak is a very good QB. He just sees this as a blip. I think he called Dak a top 5 QB after trashing him for the whole video.

Ill have to look this up, its was a very valid concern and both could be true...Dak/KM got smoked by this defense for sure and that doesnt mean Dak is a bad QB it means they need to get better at beating it as when other good defenses brought it we seemed to not be able to change to beat it.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ill have to look this up, its was a very valid concern and both could be true...Dak/KM got smoked by this defense for sure and that doesnt mean Dak is a bad QB it means they need to get better at beating it as when other good defenses brought it we seemed to not be able to change to beat it.

It's not just Dak. Steele playing left tackle was a problem as well. Even when things broke open, Dak had to scramble. But the Broncos went to a prevent D after the game was already over. They probably could have shut us out had they wanted to.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Dak getting paid. It is what it is. But just because you paid him...that does not mean his performance equates to his paycheck. Jerry should KNOW this. Just because Dallas is the most highly valued franchise in all of sports...that does not mean the product on the field is the cream of the crop. Jerry is reluctant to pay people because he is not sure their performance will equal their paycheck...but he has no problem stuffing his pockets with all the money he can, all the while the performance of his team does not reflect the franchise value.

Dak is who he is. His ceiling is Russell Wilson. BUT. BUT. You have to have the right pieces around him. Coaching, the Legion of Boom, the running game and defense allowed Russell Wilson to be the best version of himself and he maximized his potential and had a couple of Super Bowl runs. Why would we take the #1 offense in the NFL last year....and downgrade the WRs corps by a lot? The Oline is downgraded. The RB position is downgraded (Zeke is who he is at this point...and you don't get better as you age). Mike McCarthy is no Pete Carrol. And AT&T stadium is not the homefield advantage that Seattle had.

We have seen Dak without WRs before. It was not pretty. We are trying something that has already failed. Teams are going to load the box and force Dak to beat them with Lamb and (3rd round rookie, USFL star, undrafted rookie etc...). We will try to run into a loaded box. Get into predictable 3rd and longs when the run is stuffed. And be under a lot of pressure to convert unfavorable down and distances multiple times per drive. Oh, I forgot to mix in a penalty from the OL. Like I said, we have seen this before, it is not rocket science. Oh, I almost forgot, we will probably put up enough yards to appear.....

I cannot take this team seriously. I knew not to take them seriously when I witnessed the comedy club act at McCarthys signing. Then he immediately went to work proving to be the clown we now know he is. The one thing Jerry had done over the Garrett years and now McCarthy... is keep enough talent on the field to give off the appearance of a title team in SPITE of the coaching. But the one thing you HAVE to have when your talent on the field is AVERAGE....is good coaching. And going into this season, I seriously question the talent on the field. And we now know it was not McCarthy in Green Bay, it was Rodgers. And I don't care what stats Dak has/will put up...he ain't Rodgers.

LOL..........you are cutting up Dak because he is Russel Wilson? You trolls really dont understand the QB position at all.

ALL QB's need great players around them to win SB's. Dak is no different.

Do yourself a favor and learn football there are great example EVERY year to teach you about it.

Just these past few years are some prime examples.

Garrappolo beats both Dak and Rogers on the road. Why?..............because he has the better team around him.

Mahomes losses in the SB to the Bucs two years and and cant even muster 1 TD or score more than 9 points because he lost 2 Olineman the week prior and they couldnt block for him.

Stafford plays for the Lions for 11 years and never makes the playoffs. Yet the first year he plays with a great team around him for the Rams he wins it all.

Good luck............I hope this helped!!

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
LOL..........you are cutting up Dak because he is Russel Wilson? What a stooge. You trolls really dont understand the QB position at all.

ALL QB's need great players around them to win SB's. Dak is no different.

Do yourself a favor and learn football there are great example EVERY year to teach you about it.

Just these past few years are some prime examples.

Garrappolo beats both Dak and Rogers on the road. Why?..............because he has the better team around him.

Mahomes losses in the SB to the Bucs two years and and cant even muster 1 TD or score more than 9 points because he lost 2 Olineman the week prior and they couldnt block for him.

Stafford plays for the Lions for 11 years and never makes the playoffs. Yet the first year he plays with a great team around him for the Rams he wins it all.

Good luck............I hope this helped!!

Yet people continue to talk about QBs like it's all on them. It's fascinating. You couldn't have given better examples unless you added Foles and Goff. But you shouldn't have to. It's right there for everyone to see.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yet people continue to talk about QBs like it's all on them. It's fascinating. You couldn't have given better examples unless you added Foles and Goff. But you shouldn't have to. It's right there for everyone to see.

When I was a kid, I used to think the same thing. And I thought it was the RB and not the line. But when you get all grown up and you learn the game it's not tough.

Playing Fantasy football for 20 years definitely helps. Those that dont play fantasy will never truly understand the game.

Flamma

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I used to think the same thing. And I thought it was the RB and not the line. But when you get all grown up and you learn the game it's not tough.

Playing Fantasy football for 20 years definitely helps. Those that dont play fantasy will never truly understand the game.

Right. How did that Steelers RB do when he sat out and then went to the Jets? Doesn't matter, people will repeat the same things over and over no matter what they see to the contrary.

The Cowboys have a roster issue. How long was Tony Romo on this team? How many years were we legit contenders? That's an embarrassment. We're seeing the same crap today. All we can do is hope our draft picks pan out and we get a little luck.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Right. How did that Steelers RB do when he sat out and then went to the Jets? Doesn't matter, people will repeat the same things over and over no matter what they see to the contrary.

The Cowboys have a roster issue. How long was Tony Romo on this team? How many years were we legit contenders? That's an embarrassment. We're seeing the same crap today. All we can do is hope our draft picks pan out and we get a little luck.

Finally have a defense and now the line needs to be rebuilt. Jerry cant afford another lean year in FA. He is going to have to spend ANOTHER first rounder on a tackle or Center and then go out and get a 1 tech DT. We get two more studs at those positions and the Cowboys are contenders.

Flamma

Reaction score
Finally have a defense and now the line needs to be rebuilt. Jerry cant afford another lean year in FA. He is going to have to spend ANOTHER first rounder on a tackle or Center and then go out and get a 1 tech DT. We get two more studs at those positions and the Cowboys are contenders.

Absolutely. But most of the draft zone will be littered with what WR we're taking in the first round.

If we're contenders this year, Jerry needs to make moves to put us over the top. Not do what we did after 2016 or after this year. Draft and fill holes through FA.

Bates

Reaction score
Absolutely. But most of the draft zone will be littered with what WR we're taking in the first round.

If we're contenders this year, Jerry needs to make moves to put us over the top. Not do what we did after 2016 or after this year. Draft and fill holes through FA.

I don’t know what jerry was thinking this FA. You have a good team that need some tweaks. Instead you let some guys go and don’t back fill with near quality players much less add those tweaks we needed. Still hopeful that our youth improves to make up the diff.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

So funny how every year these WR guys come out. NO doubt there will be plenty of them.