Just done with Football

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Losing always sucks and this year will sting a little bit more because how good this team looked early on. I’ll be back next year as will most of you. It was an emotional rollercoaster ride this year which can be exhausting so take your time away from the boards and all Cowboys related info for the time being if you feel you just. Do this and once free agency and the then the draft rolls around you will be ready for the fun to begin all over again. Hang in there Cowboys Nation!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think I’m done. It’s just too much, year in and year out. There’s no fun in it anymore. I can’t become a fan of another team, but this team YEAR AFTER YEAR fails. It’s tiring. It’s just not worth it. Constant failure. Doesn’t matter if you believe it’s the refs, ownership, coaching, players, whatever. Just consistent, constant failure. It’s like being a fan of the Lions. Except worse because the team hypes up our expectations during the regular season (which we shouldn’t fall for anymore).
At least your favorite team is still in. At least for one more game

DCwarrior

Reaction score
The players want to win but don’t really care if they lose. There is too much money involved even for the average players. As long as the checks cash is their main concern. Prime example is Stephon Diggs being at game one week from their next playoff game during the “pandemic”. There is lots of other examples but that is just the first one I thought of.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I think I’m done. It’s just too much, year in and year out. There’s no fun in it anymore. I can’t become a fan of another team, but this team YEAR AFTER YEAR fails. It’s tiring. It’s just not worth it. Constant failure. Doesn’t matter if you believe it’s the refs, ownership, coaching, players, whatever. Just consistent, constant failure. It’s like being a fan of the Lions. Except worse because the team hypes up our expectations during the regular season (which we shouldn’t fall for anymore).
Yup....time to go build an ark.

Jipper

Reaction score
Waking up this am there is a lot of truth to this...the regular season wins have become meaningless, and the playoff wins have become unobtainable....kinda feels like what's the point?

ShortRound

Reaction score
The older I get the more precious my time is. I need to spend it more with my family. This is starting the feel like a waste.

Reaction score
I said this elsewhere. But I’ve been a fan for 40+ years. Went to the Super Bowls in the 90s. But because of the recent history of this team, I just don’t watch the games live anymore (just watch replays of wins without commercials). I get 3 hours of my Sundays back, lowers my blood pressure, and allows me to remain a fan. Otherwise it’s just the definition of insanity to let this team ruin my Sundays over and over, especially during the playoffs.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
What Trent was doing was not a false start (at least the ones that Gregory kept jumping off for were not). You are allowed to move (hence why Centers are always bobbing there heads) but are not allowed to make twitching motion that could be construed as well starting the play.
Very well said - so true. Every year they have us believing in them at the end, and they don't show up. Doesn't matter the coaches name or the names on the back of the jerseys- the results will always be the same. I agree, at least LIONS fans don't get the expectations up, only to be let down. Great post AmariChill

chagus

Reaction score
I can agree with you but i also blame myself. I, like most of you, already KNEW this was a "one and done" team especially after the loss to Cards.

But... i had hope. I thought "what if" only to be let down YET AGAIN.

What a sucker i am.
WE ALL ARE.

Section446

Reaction score
I was there 10 years ago, I used to get so mad when they'd lose, so happy when they'd win... Now, I'm void of emotion and I just accept them for what/who they are... a piece of **** organization.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I feel the exact same way. 25+ years of this. I'm tired of it. I'm exhausted. I can't keep defending this team when they're clearly never gonna win. I wish I could have my memory erased and forget I was a Cowboys fan. Head injury anyone?

2be6e101db78a8ce91b944b12987b88e_w200.webp

shabazz

Reaction score
The ref only needs to touch the ball, he doesn't have to place it.

agree,,,,,so why not look to hand it to the ref first instead of handing it to the center instead and lining up ready to snap?……it was a brain fart of epic proportion’s

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
agree,,,,,so why not look to hand it to the ref first instead of handing it to the center instead and lining up ready to snap?……it was a brain fart of epic proportion’s

Oh, I agree. I am surprised that Dak didn't try to run over the whole defense.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I can agree with you but i also blame myself. I, like most of you, already KNEW this was a "one and done" team especially after the loss to Cards.

But... i had hope. I thought "what if" only to be let down YET AGAIN.

What a sucker i am.
WE ALL ARE.

Yup, I was thinking we might win towards the end. Yet, it was the same old story.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I took the year off last year, l can't say why on here, but it did me a world of good and helped me get through this year. I just don't take it so seriously anymore. Quit buying Cowboys merchandise years ago...

Last edited: