BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
OK...time to fess up.

My first record purchase.

I had, in my hands, at May's department store, "Born on a Bayou" and "Build Me Up Buttercup"...

What to do..what to do?

Yeah. I bought Build Me Up Buttercup. :eek::

Considering the fact that I became and still am a CCR maniac, this has always been a source of much discomfort.

:D

I still like build me up buttercup lol.....but I understand what you mean because born on the bayou is just soo much better.

How about...Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Suede

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I still like build me up buttercup lol.....but I understand what you mean because born on the bayou is just soo much better.

How about...Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Suede

Ooogachagga...

:)

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
davidyee said:
...do you have a song that you would never admit to enjoying in mixed company at the time or now for that matter?

I used to hide under the covers of my bed and listen to Donny Osmond's "puppy Love". Aaah...elementary school.

I don't EVEN want to know what you were doing under the covers while listening to puppy love...

TMI... TMI!!!

:laugh2:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Ok.. there were two songs and nobody can beat these..

You take my breath away - Rex Smith

and

Don't give up on us baby - David Soul

They were my first music purchases when I was a young girl and my heart battled between those two guys.. they were hot and I had a crush on the both of them

But y'all won't tell anyone... right???

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Charles Aznavour - Yesterday when I was young. Just beautiful! I highly recommend it.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hey...at least no one has posted about the song "Feelings"...although I suspect that'll all change when Hos gets here.

:D

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Princess said:

and

They were my first music purchases when I was a young girl and my heart battled between those two guys.. they were hot and I had a crush on the both of them

... you had the Tiger Beat posters for these two guys right?

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Princess said:
I don't EVEN want to know what you were doing under the covers while listening to puppy love...

TMI... TMI!!!

:laugh2:

...doing my homework. Yeah, that's it - homework. :eek::

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Ooogachagga...

:)

...that was the modern day version of the Gregorian Chant. Lot's of bottles of beer were spilled chanting that opening refrain.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Princess said:

and

Starsky and Hutch / Salems Lot fan were ya? :laugh1:

Speaking of Salems Lot...how scary was it during that show when the one kid was in his room and the other little boy (vampire) was floating oustide, scratching the window and saying let me in.

:eek:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Speaking of Salems Lot...how scary was it during that show when the one kid was in his room and the other little boy (vampire) was floating oustide, scratching the window and saying let me in.

I thought that was one great spooky scene...

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
davidyee said:
... you had the Tiger Beat posters for these two guys right?

:sshhh: don't tell anyone

honestly... I bought every issue they were in and plastered the posters all over my room... walls, ceiling, study desk, frames, etc.

Oh, I had the tee shirts too

Starsky and Hutch
And the tee for "Sooner or Later".. the movie Rex Smiths song came from

oh the embarrassment

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Yes I was...LOL

that was me outside that window in disguise :)

That was the scariest thing when I was a kid

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Princess said:

and

There is no topping that unless you admit you were a Shaun Cassidy fan also :bow:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
There is no topping that unless you admit you were a Shaun Cassidy fan also :bow:

Da Do Ron Ron - my sisters and I use to do a routine to it.. I sang and they did backups :laugh2:

I use to watch the Hardy Boys just to see him and Parker Stevenson

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Princess said:
Da Do Ron Ron - my sisters and I use to do a routine to it.. I sang and they did backups :laugh2:

My sister had his mug plastered all over her room and played his god awful song over and over again :banghead:

You win btw :bow:

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Princess said:

You are one also! My wife was a diehard Cassidy fan. She was going to be his wife. Then he got a real wife! :eek: She was heartbroken.

All the pictures came down from the wall and she focus her attention on Leif Garrett.

She showed me some pictures of her and her friends singing to their favourite tunes.

I don't understand adolescent girls. :confused:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
davidyee said:
You are one also! My wife was a diehard Cassidy fan. She was going to be his wife. Then he got a real wife! :eek: She was heartbroken.

All the pictures came down from the wall and she focus her attention on Leif Garrett.

She showed me some pictures of her and her friends singing to their favourite tunes.

I don't understand adolescent girls. :confused:

She woulda had to stand in line behind me. I was going to marry Shawn Cassidy and we were going to have 3 kids and live in a big white house. And David was going to come over for dinner almost every night cuz we had the best cook in the state ... LOL

When he got married, I started up with Leif Garrett also, until his car accident and his dropping out of sight

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
mmm.jpg
This was my babe in 1981 - Heather Thomas from The Fall Guy