Just for fun -...

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
My sister had his mug plastered all over her room and played his god awful song over and over again :banghead:

You win btw :bow:

I win! Geez, I didn't even have to bring up the Bay City Rollers and the crush I had on the one with the blonde spiked hair... wooh, that was close

Imagine how confused I was as a girl to listen to all that and at the same time listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd. I was soooo into Van Zant

Was a very confusing time in my tween yrs

Well, at least I grew up and I am still a diehard Lynyrd Skynyrd fan and totally siked about the Van Zant boys recording and the surviving members touring... I'll be front and center when they get to my area

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Speaking of Lynyrd Skynyrd...

Why aren't they in the Rock n Roll HOF yet???? Hummm???

They were the biggest influence in Southern Rock and are immortal

If you ask anyone the greatest 5 rock songs in history, Freebird would be there.. #1 in my book (w/ Led Zepplins Stairway to heaven tied of course)

It's disgusting that Prince is in the RnR HOF and they aren't yet

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
No offense Princess, but I wouldn't walk across the street to see Lynard Skynard. Or any other "southern rock" type band. Born and raised in Dallas Texas, but I always hated that crap. I wouldn't wish a freebird marathon on my worst enemy.

Gimme 2 steps, and Mr. saturday night special are the only 2 songs of that genre that I can halfway stand. Everything else is a kidney punch!

To each his own eh. :)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DANTHEMAN said:
No offense Princess, but I wouldn't walk across the street to see Lynard Skynard. Or any other "southern rock" type band. Born and raised in Dallas Texas, but I always hated that crap. I wouldn't wish a freebird marathon on my worst enemy.

Gimme 2 steps, and Mr. saturday night special are the only 2 songs of that genre that I can halfway stand. Everything else is a kidney punch!

I am not big on LS either, and like you Mr Saturday Night Special is one of the few songs I really like from them....mostly because the pinched harmonics guitar work is excellent.

However they still deserve to be in the RHOF.

If I have to listen to that genre give me The Allman Brothers band every day over LS...Love some of the Allman Brothers bands songs, even though they are more blues then southern fried rock IMO.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:

:signmast: :worthy2:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
With all due respect.. The song is "Gimme Three Steps", not 2 steps you dorks... :insane: LOL

And whether y'all like them or not, they did help revolutionize rock and deserve the RnR HOF.

Ask anyone that is in rock and 9 out of 10 would probably say that the major influences in their careers are Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones (yuck!), The Allman Brothers, Led Zepplin and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Laura Branigan songs. I like some of them and have them buried deep down in my secret MP3 files. ~~looks around to makes sure none of his buddies are watching~~

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Laura Branigan songs. I like some of them and have them buried deep down in my secret MP3 files. ~~looks around to makes sure none of his buddies are watching~~

Gloria eh?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

There were a few songs I liked from the late Laura Brannigan...

Self Control was my favorite of hers...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I am not big on LS either, and like you Mr Saturday Night Special is one of the few songs I really like from them....mostly because the pinched harmonics guitar work is excellent.

However they still deserve to be in the RHOF.

If I have to listen to that genre give me The Allman Brothers band every day over LS...Love some of the Allman Brothers bands songs, even though they are more blues then southern fried rock IMO.
I'll take Skynyrd over the Allman Bros any day and Gimme 3 Steps is one of my favorite songs of all time.

I was cuttin the rug
At a place called the jug
With a girl named Linda Lou
When in came man
With a gun in his hand
Lookin for you know who

:D