1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Just hoping the other shoe doesn't drop for once

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dfense, Jul 30, 2020.

1. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

7,795 Messages
    5,097 Likes Received
    Every year the excitement grows as the season approaches and something inevitably happens. The Zeke suspension, Romo injury, failed drug tests, unexpected retirements, it's always something that keeps a pretty talented team from reaching it's full potential.

I can see the team starting out strong and then inevitably, they will suspend the season for too many players getting sick. It's like an ongoing curse.

MWH1967 and Runwildboys like this.
  2. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

9,873 Messages
    14,290 Likes Received
    bruh why u put this energy in the air. If something happens im gonna find out where you live and smack you.

Seven, JohnnyTheFox, lopey and 10 others like this.
  3. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

9,536 Messages
    6,712 Likes Received
    LLLOOOLLL, if anyone feels bad just come to this board to get your laugh on.

DeaconBlues, Runwildboys and Jake like this.
  4. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

10,730 Messages
    7,772 Likes Received
    doom and gloom

so we start 5-0 and seasons cancelled , that would suck but lets get to game 1 first..

Runwildboys likes this.
  5. bandfan

bandfan Well-Known Member

514 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Dude, Staubach is not coming back, get over it.....

Runwildboys likes this.
  6. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

19,072 Messages
    18,148 Likes Received
    I’m expecting no more than 8 games this year before shut down

as they say, “book it”

BourbonBalz likes this.
  7. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

19,582 Messages
    23,304 Likes Received
    Everything is going to be alright. Dealing with 90 players in camp who are in their 20’s, something almost always happens... on all teams.

Ultimately, it has been other things holding Dallas back.

8. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

43,139 Messages
    44,779 Likes Received
    More like win the NFCCG and get to the SB and Mara makes Goodell cancel the SB.

Techsass and Runwildboys like this.
  9. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

4,144 Messages
    6,451 Likes Received
    The other shoe has its own forum and makes shacs shoes look like my 7 day olds

Runwildboys and AbeBeta like this.
  10. jazzcat22

43,139 Messages
    44,779 Likes Received
    TC's are starting and players must have 2 or 3 negative tests before they practice. Once they get on the field, they use. the protocols in place, and get to the season. The season will not be cancelled.

Yes there will be players testing positive, no doubt. But I can't see it being so many it cancels anything going forward.

11. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

19,746 Messages
    36,910 Likes Received
    Is there a prize for predicting when the season will be shut down? There must be since so many people feel compelled to do it. :rolleyes:

Book it, yourself. The only person who cares if you're "right" is you.

12. aria

aria Well-Known Member

13,302 Messages
    12,658 Likes Received
    Just do what I do, expect the worst or at least set your expectations low so if something bad happens then you’ll already be mentally prepared and less disappointed. On the other hand, if something good happens then you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Can’t go wrong :D

dfense and Runwildboys like this.
  13. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

14,191 Messages
    18,741 Likes Received
    What, you don't want an even longer offseason for the NFL?

That's the best part of the season due to all the unique threads on here. Personally, I can't wait for the Dak ones, as I really wonder the boards opinion on signing him is!

14. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

19,507 Messages
    17,120 Likes Received
    Negative people will be negative.

15. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

33,240 Messages
    9,290 Likes Received
    Have you heard of baseball?

cern likes this.
  16. visionary

19,072 Messages
    18,148 Likes Received
    im not asking you to “care” but you obviously do “care” because you were compelled to respond

:muttley:

17. visionary

19,072 Messages
    18,148 Likes Received
    what about the blind and ignorant who choose to ignore facts and bury their heads in sand? Will they “be” blind and ignorant?

18. jazzcat22

43,139 Messages
    44,779 Likes Received
    No, what is that. :laugh:

Has the season been cancelled yet? Last I seen they are still playing and working around the Marlins situation.

Runwildboys likes this.
  19. jazzcat22

43,139 Messages
    44,779 Likes Received

The NFL has a unique player protection protocol in place over the other sports. They have the helmet, and have a face guard type device that is optional for the players. As well many can opt for the plastic shield as well. This will cut down on transference of any droplets getting on another player.

NBA it would be tough to do, we will see how this plays out. NHL they are still apart most of the plays, but they too can devise a shield to come down off their head gear. Soccer most of the time they are far enough apart. MLB you would think they are far enough apart. Not sure what went wrong there.

And the players must have 2 or 3 negative east before they hit the practice field. And will be ongoing test on top of that.

Runwildboys likes this.
  20. visionary

19,072 Messages
    18,148 Likes Received
    wont matter because NFL is a contact sport with players in close proximity on every play and heavy breathing means significant exposure

the only way we can have a complete season IMO would to totally isolate players/coaches from family and absolutely minimal outside exposure for necessities but that’s not realistic

That’s why I’m expecting that we start but then the virus forces our hand