Just hoping the other shoe doesn't drop for once

visionary

Reaction score
I dont believe this.
All sports franchises are essentially in a bubble, and dont have to expose themselves to the general public.
The issues that will be players family members that get exposed and introduce the exposure,, just like you said.
There will be players getting infected, but the NFL will march on through this, might even see practice squad players being called up into starting roles before seasons end, but there will be a full season.

Hopefully you are correct

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every year the excitement grows as the season approaches and something inevitably happens. The Zeke suspension, Romo injury, failed drug tests, unexpected retirements, it's always something that keeps a pretty talented team from reaching it's full potential.

I can see the team starting out strong and then inevitably, they will suspend the season for too many players getting sick. It's like an ongoing curse.
Well, at least you have this time right now when you're feeling positive about the talent level of this team. There are some that might not mind the season getting derailed so they don't have to witness it.

I do think it is a team with some talent but not enough to be a true contender at this point. But, they don't have to contend, just compete at near 100%.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The one thing to be encouraged about heading into this season is for the first time since 2003 the Cowboys have a respected HC who’s won championship. It’s going to be a very challenging year for every team with no offseason or preseason games. There’s a lot of things that could go wrong for everyone with the situation we’re all in. I have more hope for year 2 under McCarthy than I do this season. We’re making a lot of changes and it will likely take a couple years to pay real dividends.

foofighters

Reaction score
Every year the excitement grows as the season approaches and something inevitably happens. The Zeke suspension, Romo injury, failed drug tests, unexpected retirements, it's always something that keeps a pretty talented team from reaching it's full potential.

I can see the team starting out strong and then inevitably, they will suspend the season for too many players getting sick. It's like an ongoing curse.
Some people make excuses and others just win by overcoming the challenges that come their way...

Which are you?

Bigdog

Reaction score
worst case is they have training camp and then cancel the season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
worst case is they have training camp and then cancel the season.

If teams make it through TC, no way they cancel the start of the season.
Finishing it may be a different story, but no way they do not start.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
The Serenity Prayer
"God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change"
"The courage to change the things I can"
"And the wisdom to know the difference"..

dfense

Reaction score
Some people make excuses and others just win by overcoming the challenges that come their way...

Which are you?
Well, I'm not playing.

But if I was, I would put down the bong and purple cool-aid drinks and wait until spring to go fishing. Hopefully, most of those guys are gone off the team now. But you never know, once they're paid....

You can't push a rope.

dfense

Reaction score
Well, at least you have this time right now when you're feeling positive about the talent level of this team. There are some that might not mind the season getting derailed so they don't have to witness it.

I do think it is a team with some talent but not enough to be a true contender at this point. But, they don't have to contend, just compete at near 100%.
I can't even imagine no football.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Ohio State just announced, as for now, they will not have anymore than 20% capacity at games. That should keeps fans spread out enough for those that do not come in groups.
I think 20% is a bit light, but it does seem safe, though a bit over cautious, which is fine, and 20$ better than nothing.

I can see the NFL limiting crowds. not as low as 20%, but to start, not any higher than 40% to 50%.
I dont see jerry going for 20% lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That’s what I mean
If you totally isolate players and coaches then it works but I think players are gonna be with family

JMO
true , but if they actually care about their family and their job, then isolation is the way to go.
they can virtually be with family and friends, video chat etc.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Last I seen the team will stay in the hotel by the Star, just as if in TC in Oxnard. This at least keeps them isolated for TC.
For the regular season. As long as they don't test positive it should be fine, just be safe with the families keeping social distance and wear masks as required when in public places.
The players will probably be tested regular as well.
I would think family should also be tested too, what if player gets exposed by a family member , then takes it back to the team, it is a 2 way street.
Isolation for the season is the way to go.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't either.

As no one will be looking at all the wasted art. :lmao:
Art?? what I have seen, I would not call it art lol, I have seen better art in freeway graffiti!
The last one she bought, they showed it, and it looked like one I did in 3rd grade !! lol for real.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

I’ll actually be shocked if the season is finished. All if the hysteria will prevent it.