Just something to keep in mind...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
In the future, before ya start to say how the Patriots get away with murder because the league favors them...and how the Roy Williams horse collar rule was put into place just because Williams is a Cowboy...and other various Cowboy persecution complex items...think of this PacMan stuff.

He was told, ZERO tolerance, was his framework.

He did something that caused the commissioner to suspend him. YET, he's been reinstated. What's that all about? If he did something that was suspension worthy, then he should be gone. Permanently.

It's just my hunch but I can only imagine what the comments here would be like if this kind of thing was going on with the Patriots.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
The problem that most people have with Goodell isn't the punishment he applies, although sometimes, it is seemingly too harsh. It's his inconsistency in applying the punishments.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Agreed, the commish is spoiling Jerry for some reason here.
Maybe he wants to see a Boy's SB this season.:)
Not that I think the THUG is the answer to our SB prayers.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2431115 said:
The problem that most people have with Goodell isn't the punishment he applies, although sometimes, it is seemingly too harsh. It's his inconsistency in applying the punishments.

:hammer:

Kilyin

Reaction score
Doesn't even compare.

How many games did Belichick get suspended for blatantly cheating in games (which imo is the worst offense of them all)?

Exactly.

Only reason Pacman didn't get banned permanently is because he didn't get in legal trouble. Goodell just didn't like the 'bad publicity' so he doled out the suspension.

This situation is by no means a barometer of bias towards the Cowboys.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
He was suspended for something that wasn't really a suspendable action. Thus, he was being held to a higher "zero tolerance" standard. Zero tolerance doesn't necessarily mean when you do one thing wrong and you're forever out of the league.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
theogt;2431137 said:
He was suspended for something that wasn't really a suspendable action. Thus, he was being held to a higher "zero tolerance" standard. Zero tolerance doesn't necessarily mean when you do one thing wrong and you're forever out of the league.

Exactly. Anyone else would not have been suspended for getting into a shoving match.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2431115 said:

I have no problem with citing his inconsistencies...I have a problem with "The entire world is out to get the Cowboys"

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
theogt;2431137 said:

Will you be running for political office soon?

Either you are suspended because it was warranted or you're not.

And again, my point is NOT to discuss the suspension...it was to discuss what would be going on with some people here if this kind of thing was going on with another team. And I stand firm on that.

CoCo

Reaction score
Juke99;2431111 said:
In the future, before ya start to say how the Patriots get away with murder because the league favors them...and how the Roy Williams horse collar rule was put into place just because Williams is a Cowboy...and other various Cowboy persecution complex items...think of this PacMan stuff.

He did something that caused the commissioner to suspend him. YET, he's been reinstated. What's that all about? If he did something that was suspension worthy, then he should be gone. Permanently.

It's just my hunch but I can only imagine what the comments here would be like if this kind of thing was going on with the Patriots.

Was he told that a lifetime ban was the consequence of any misstep? Maybe he was. That seems to be what you're implying. But absent clearer definition of the consequences I think that Pac's misstep resulting in an immediate suspension is certainly in line with zero tolerance.

I'm the last person to get all up in arms about Cowboy discrimination. I think its often times very overblown. But to think that how the commissioner is handling this situation has a strong Cowboy lean, well I don't really buy that for the simple reason that I don't think the Cowboy organization is passionate about keeping the guy around. From the sounds of this board the fan base isn't and if you believe some reports the coaches themselves are ambivalent at best. Jerry himself is so passionate about it that this go round that Pac is totally on his own with no assigned bodyguard, or so I hear.

And if the tables were turned and Pac was a Pat, I'd simply shrug and say, "so be it."

Those who have a thirst for Cowboy discrimination will find it wherever they so choose.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Juke99;2431111 said:

I dont think Pac should have been suspended this time.

What did he do anyway? He yelled at someone? He punched a lightswitch cover? He broke a mirror?

I think THAT is why he is being reinstated.... he didnt do enough to get suspended and Goodell knows it.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Kilyin;2431121 said:
Doesn't even compare.

How many games did Belichick get suspended for blatantly cheating in games (which imo is the worst offense of them all)?

Exactly.

Only reason Pacman didn't get banned permanently is because he didn't get in legal trouble. Goodell just didn't like the 'bad publicity' so he doled out the suspension.

This situation is by no means a barometer of bias towards the Cowboys.

Thank you for making my point.

Have a nice day. :)

Kilyin

Reaction score
Juke99;2431154 said:
Thank you for making my point.

Have a nice day. :)

Two words for you.

Reading comprehension.

Make it a great day.

Munchis out.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
YoMick;2431153 said:
I dont think Pac should have been suspended this time.

What did he do anyway? He yelled at someone? He punched a lightswitch cover? He broke a mirror?

I think THAT is why he is being reinstated.... he didnt do enough to get suspended and Goodell knows it.

Those are my thoughts exactly. What Pacman got suspended for wasn't even in the general neighborhood of what would get anyone else suspended. There have been a number of things happen around the NFL where we never even hear a peep about it after the fact. With Pac... he got upset, apparently pushed someone after he had a beer and broke a lightswitch in the heat of the moment. For that he misses a month of a 4 month season?

Plus, in addition to what turned out to be a 1 1/2 month suspension, he is made to go to counsuling for something that isn't even an issue with the guy?

Yeah... Goodell didn't go easy. He had no choice but to re-instate the guy.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Juke99;2431151 said:
Will you be running for political office soon?

Either you are suspended because it was warranted or you're not.

And again, my point is NOT to discuss the suspension...it was to discuss what would be going on with some people here if this kind of thing was going on with another team. And I stand firm on that.

I would not necessarily call it a bias but....

Would this incident have even gotten any attention had he signed with lets say KC or Detroit. I doubt it. Everything gets blown out of proportion in Dallas. This so called drama and Soap Opera they have been calling it in Dallas over the last month. There really is nothing to substantiate that at all. It is all media hype. We have gone through nothing in Dallas that most of the teams in the NFL have gone through this year and yet....

Every network knows that the Cowboys draw attention to their "news" so they make news so that those that love them will watch and those that hate them will watch. TV ratings for games prove that point without exception. Why do you think I have not missed 1 Cowboy game this year living in central Virginia in Commander land?

So whether it is a game on TV or the least amount of miniscule news, it is reported on and made out to be more than it is. If you don't believe that then you are not paying attention.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
aikemirv;2431190 said:
I would not necessarily call it a bias but....

Would this incident have even gotten any attention had he signed with lets say KC or Detroit. I doubt it. Everything gets blown out of proportion in Dallas. This so called drama and Soap Opera they have been calling it in Dallas over the last month. There really is nothing to substantiate that at all. It is all media hype. We have gone through nothing in Dallas that most of the teams in the NFL have gone through this year and yet....

No other team would have signed him or traded for him.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2431198 said:
No other team would have signed him or traded for him.

You really don't think so. Maybe no other team may have traded for him but they would have signed him.

Cinncinatti anyone? Chris Henry

Please, Matt Jones was found snorting in the back of a car by the Police right. Jax let him play. Has he been suspended yet?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
A Fox News article on MSN.com insinuated that the reason the Titans are undefeated is because they got rid of Pacman. :eek:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
aikemirv;2431202 said:
You really don't think so. Maybe no other team may have traded for him but they would have signed him.

Cinncinatti anyone? Chris Henry

Please, Matt Jones was found snorting in the back of a car by the Police right. Jax let him play. Has he been suspended yet?

I'm confused by the Matt Jones situation also. My only guess is the NFL is waiting until the legal issues are worked out.