Just something to keep in mind...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;2431153 said:
I dont think Pac should have been suspended this time.

What did he do anyway? He yelled at someone? He punched a lightswitch cover? He broke a mirror?

I think THAT is why he is being reinstated.... he didnt do enough to get suspended and Goodell knows it.
He got suspended because his reinstatement had a clause that said no alcohol. He was caught drinking, got suspended and sent to rehab. Rehab said he wasn't addicted or abusing so Goodell had no choice but to reinstate him.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
5Stars;2431203 said:
A Fox News article on MSN.com insinuated that the reason the Titans are undefeated is because they got rid of Pacman. :eek:

Yeah I figured some genius would take that angle on it.... its amazina how you can carve a niche out in journalism :laugh2:

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
And it is our friggin luck that we have Tennessee's 6 round pick which will turn out to basically be a 7th round pick!:mad:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DanTanna;2431212 said:
And it is our friggin luck that we have Tennessee's 6 round pick which will turn out to basically be a 7th round pick!:mad:

Thanks for the reminder. :mad:

Kilyin

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2431208 said:
He got suspended because his reinstatement had a clause that said no alcohol. He was caught drinking, got suspended and sent to rehab. Rehab said he wasn't addicted or abusing so Goodell had no choice but to reinstate him.

How do you figure he was 'caught' drinking? There was no charge, not even a drunk in public. No breathalyzer, no blood test. It would seem that he was 'assumed' to be drinking due to his troubled past. Unless of course, he admitted he was drinking to Goodell, which would have been pretty dumb.

Wasn't it also reported the alcohol rehab facility Pacman visited concluded he didn't have a drinking problem?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The truth of this matter, IMO, is that Adam Jones should have been out of the league long ago. He is not so it's pointless to banter this thing about as if it makes a difference.

The guy is in the league. I just hope he can play a decent Corner for us.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99;2431111 said:
In the future, before ya start to say how the Patriots get away with murder because the league favors them...and how the Roy Williams horse collar rule was put into place just because Williams is a Cowboy...and other various Cowboy persecution complex items...think of this PacMan stuff.

He was told, ZERO tolerance, was his framework.

He did something that caused the commissioner to suspend him. YET, he's been reinstated. What's that all about? If he did something that was suspension worthy, then he should be gone. Permanently.

It's just my hunch but I can only imagine what the comments here would be like if this kind of thing was going on with the Patriots.

I don't want to hear this bull when Matt Jones gets suspended 3 games for being arrested with coke which is a violation of the leagues substance abuse policy which is at minimum four games.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Juke99;2431151 said:
Will you be running for political office soon?

Either you are suspended because it was warranted or you're not.

And again, my point is NOT to discuss the suspension...it was to discuss what would be going on with some people here if this kind of thing was going on with another team. And I stand firm on that.
Any other player that got into a scuffle in a restroom like this wouldn't be suspended. He was only suspended because of the zero tolerance policy that applies to him.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2431305 said:
I don't want to hear this bull when Matt Jones gets suspended 3 games for being arrested with coke which is a violation of the leagues substance abuse policy which is at minimum four games.

I saw you post this the other day and thought about saying something but just wanted to wait and see if you believe it.

I guess you do. Sucks that it still doesn't make it true. Why I am even going to post this, I haven't a clue because I know you will just hop right on that spin machine and turn it into a "see how inconsistent Goodell is" chime.

The NFL has suspended Baltimore Ravens cornerback Derrick Martin without pay for the team's season opener and fined him an additional game check for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Starting defensive tackle Rocky Bernard and nickel back Jordan Babineaux were suspended Saturday by the league for next week's season opener at Buffalo.

Babineaux was fined a second game check for violating the league's substance abuse policy. At a base salary of $610,000 this season, he will lose $35,882.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Jerramy Stevens was suspended without pay for the first two games of the 2008 season and fined an additional game check on Wednesday for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99;2431111 said:
In the future, before ya start to say how the Patriots get away with murder because the league favors them...and how the Roy Williams horse collar rule was put into place just because Williams is a Cowboy...and other various Cowboy persecution complex items...think of this PacMan stuff.

He was told, ZERO tolerance, was his framework.

He did something that caused the commissioner to suspend him. YET, he's been reinstated. What's that all about? If he did something that was suspension worthy, then he should be gone. Permanently.

It's just my hunch but I can only imagine what the comments here would be like if this kind of thing was going on with the Patriots.
You want objectivity? Are you out of your friggin' mind?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Norm was talking about this earlier. Their are laws about losing your job to a "diability". And since Pacman went into a rehab program. Then he is to be given that right to return to work.

Most company have this in place already. And not sure if he was saying it's a Texas law, or a Federal law.

So that needs to be consdered also. Even though it was said, he does not have an alcohol problem. But the mere fact he did go into a program, gives him that right.

Iago33

Reaction score
No, Juke. You've got it backwards.

Goodell letting Adam Jones come back from suspension shows that he clearly has it in for the Cowboys. If Goodell didn't want to destroy the Cowboys from within, he would have banned Adam Jones for life.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Iago33;2431391 said:
No, Juke. You've got it backwards.

Goodell letting Adam Jones come back from suspension shows that he clearly has it in for the Cowboys. If Goodell didn't want to destroy the Cowboys from within, he would have banned Adam Jones for life.
Now that was funny.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
theogt;2431137 said:
He was suspended for something that wasn't really a suspendable action. Thus, he was being held to a higher "zero tolerance" standard. Zero tolerance doesn't necessarily mean when you do one thing wrong and you're forever out of the league.

First of all. Wrong. He was issued a zero tolerance after the year suspension.

Second.......... what?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
For what happened Jones likely shouldn't have been suspended. The problem for Jones is his history. When you're a career screw up all you've done for yourself, in the future, is when anything comes up against you, even something this minor, you get the hammer by virtue of all your other issues.

If Jones hadn't been in so much trouble prior to this latest nothing incident then he wouldn't have been suspended. The fact that the guy got in trouble, even minor in nature, again, after just getting reinstated from a year+ suspension is what got him suspended again.

He's being held to a tighter standard because he's gotten in more trouble than some others have.

Now I will agree that others who've gotten into trouble for multiple things (Be it on the field or off the field things), like Jared Allen, are not being held to the standard they should be.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2431521 said:
For what happened Jones likely shouldn't have been suspended. The problem for Jones is his history. When you're a career screw up all you've done for yourself, in the future, is when anything comes up against you, even something this minor, you get the hammer by virtue of all your other issues.

If Jones hadn't been in so much trouble prior to this latest nothing incident then he wouldn't have been suspended. The fact that the guy got in trouble, even minor in nature, again, after just getting reinstated from a year+ suspension is what got him suspended again.

He's being held to a tighter standard because he's gotten in more trouble than some others have.

Now I will agree that others who've gotten into trouble for multiple things (Be it on the field or off the field things), like Jared Allen, are not being held to the standard they should be.

If Jones had never been a Dallas Cowboy......................

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jazzcat22;2431358 said:
Norm was talking about this earlier. Their are laws about losing your job to a "diability". And since Pacman went into a rehab program. Then he is to be given that right to return to work.

Most company have this in place already. And not sure if he was saying it's a Texas law, or a Federal law.

So that needs to be consdered also. Even though it was said, he does not have an alcohol problem. But the mere fact he did go into a program, gives him that right.

Yeah, I agrre with you jazzcat! Pacman does have a "diability" alright!!

:laugh2:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh2: I know I can spell. So I can't type very well. That's my excuse. :)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile;2431348 said:
You want objectivity? Are you out of your friggin' mind?

answer to question one...no. But at least some attempt at balance will do. All the announcers are against us, including Aikman (who got into a peeing match with Esiason beause mr Boomer said Aikman was way TOO pro Cowboy)...the officials...the league...the Congress...The International House of Pancakes....So, no, I don't expect objectivity. Maybe a tiny bit of honesty would be nice from those who would be FLIPPING out if New England...or whomever else they see as NFL "favorites" had the same thing happen that the Cowboys just did with Pacman.

And yes, I am completely friggin' out of my mind. Like the song says..it keeps me from going crazy.