Just think, if MM would have played the 1st team in the preseason

GMO415

Reaction score
Zack Martin recently said the season starts at Thanksgiving. The eye test tells me he's right.

If MM would had implemented his 1st team players in this new TCO in the preseason, perhaps DAL wouldn't have dropped three regular season games thus far. Growing pains equal losses.

I'm glad they are finally jelling and hopefully peaking, but this could have started sooner.

Hopefully, this doesn't cost us the NFCE

rambo2

Reaction score
Zack Martin recently said the season starts at Thanksgiving. The eye test tells me he's right.

If MM would had implemented his 1st team players in this new TCO in the preseason, perhaps DAL wouldn't have dropped three regular season games thus far. Growing pains equal losses.

I'm glad they are finally jelling and hopefully peaking, but this could have started sooner.

Or they would have had some serious injuries that would have ruined the season.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
The only game that it might have affected would have been AZ and we should have been able to beat them with one hand tied behind our backs. So I doubt we would have a different record today if we played the starters in Pre Season. SF still beats the brakes off us and The things that happened in the Philly loss would have still happened. It has made zero difference in the wins and losses this year.

That said, I think starters should play in the Preseason as a general rule.

conner01

Reaction score

I’m not a fan of setting everyone in pre season but some you had to. Steele, pollard were coming off injuries and Martin wasn’t playing. I get the injury fear and seeing the young guys but I think you need as many as possible getting some reps

rambo2

Reaction score
The only game that it might have affected would have been AZ and we should have been able to beat them with one hand tied behind our backs. So I doubt we would have a different record today if we played the starters in Pre Season. SF still beats the brakes off us and The things that happened in the Philly loss would have still happened. It has made zero difference in the wins and losses this year.

That said, I think starters should play in the Preseason as a general rule.
So, you think humans can play 23 games a year against jacked up NFL players. Lol

sbark

Reaction score
Possibility of a early peak.....teams will study adapt. Will see more zones. Down the stretch run into the playoffs separates contenders from pretenders quickly

blueblood70

Reaction score

WRONG than wrong now this is a redukuopus take on how PS would ahev heloped opr not.,,.its fake news,..,plese stop..no way you risk injury toopay the entrie offnse long enough in pSD to "gel"

uterly rediclus its not thing and never will be.

And in case you missed it maybe I can give you a a lesson on what actually happened with our offense Mike McCarthy's already admitted he came into the year using the part of the playbook that would be what we call "defensive friendly" literally built his game plans to be conservative and to do as little as possible to make sure they didn't hurt what was supposed to be a championship style shut down defense which by the way

It HAS NOT happened.

what happened was the defense is shaky, inconsistent, gives up way too many long drives gives, up too many long drives ending points to start games, and he had to adjust his playbook and his game plans accordingly...

now knowing he needs to go in these games with a little more aggressiveness and that's why it looks different and it's who you're playing...

We'll see if this offense is any good in the next five games when we're playing better teams... It has nothing to do with gelling you can say that all you want but that's a bunch of crap that is not how it works, that's how you think it works ,

what happened was it's the plays that were being utilized in the game plans in the scripted plays and the way he was calling them in the games very conservatively and now he's not...

that's it that's the difference he's opened up the offense, it was not open, it didn't need to be play more in preseason.

If they were to come out of the gate the first four or five games and open this up and be more aggressive, it would look exactly how it looks now... they were not game planning to do this now they are it's that simple,

maybe I should have just said that it's that simple Mike McCarthy changed his philosophy on how he wanted to handle the offense, a lot of it also has to do with the fact that our run game isn't that good and our defense is also not that good, we don't have that type of team and he tried to run this like the 90s Cowboys without a power back and without a power offensive line and without a shutdown defense...

He adjusted, just in time.

All he did was get deeper into the playbook and come up with better game plans and better ways to play call within the game and utilizing more players that's it he got more aggressive there isn't anything simpler than that,

had nothing to do with coming together on the field.... Can we stop the nonsense about preseason I thought that was in the review mirror and now you had to bring it back out man that is just terrible outlook on how this unfolded this year you can blame the defense they are not a shutdown defense let me give you an example best defense to ever play gave up 10.8 points per game including in the playoffs that would be the Ravens the bears only get up 13 points per game those were big time defenses they don't give up 42 to the 49ers and 28 to the Eagles we needed more offense and now we have it...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Had they lost the opener I could see an argument for playing guys in preseason. These guys playing an extra 5 series or so in the preseason doesn’t have a huge impact nor does it outweigh the 1000s of reps they got throughout camp.
100% :hammer: I can't believe this subject was brought back up now worst post of the day for sure ridiculous take on what really happened throughout the year all it was was the offensive coordinator changing his conservative philosophy and the way he was utilizing his talent because it wasn't working because our defense wasn't as good as he thought it was gonna be and just opening up the playbook and being more aggressive that's it that is all that's happened....

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
WRONG than wrong now this is a redukuopus take on how PS would ahev heloped opr not.,,.its fake news,..,plese stop..no way you risk injury toopay the entrie offnse long enough in pSD to "gel"

uterly rediclus its not thing and never will be.

And in case you missed it maybe I can give you a a lesson on what actually happened with our offense Mike McCarthy's already admitted he came into the year using the part of the playbook that would be what we call "defensive friendly" literally built his game plans to be conservative and to do as little as possible to make sure they didn't hurt what was supposed to be a championship style shut down defense which by the way

It HAS NOT happened.

what happened was the defense is shaky, inconsistent, gives up way too many long drives gives, up too many long drives ending points to start games, and he had to adjust his playbook and his game plans accordingly...

now knowing he needs to go in these games with a little more aggressiveness and that's why it looks different and it's who you're playing...

We'll see if this offense is any good in the next five games when we're playing better teams... It has nothing to do with gelling you can say that all you want but that's a bunch of crap that is not how it works, that's how you think it works ,

what happened was it's the plays that were being utilized in the game plans in the scripted plays and the way he was calling them in the games very conservatively and now he's not...

that's it that's the difference he's opened up the offense, it was not open, it didn't need to be play more in preseason.

If they were to come out of the gate the first four or five games and open this up and be more aggressive, it would look exactly how it looks now... they were not game planning to do this now they are it's that simple,

maybe I should have just said that it's that simple Mike McCarthy changed his philosophy on how he wanted to handle the offense, a lot of it also has to do with the fact that our run game isn't that good and our defense is also not that good, we don't have that type of team and he tried to run this like the 90s Cowboys without a power back and without a power offensive line and without a shutdown defense...

He adjusted, just in time.

All he did was get deeper into the playbook and come up with better game plans and better ways to play call within the game and utilizing more players that's it he got more aggressive there isn't anything simpler than that,

had nothing to do with coming together on the field.... Can we stop the nonsense about preseason I thought that was in the review mirror and now you had to bring it back out man that is just terrible outlook on how this unfolded this year you can blame the defense they are not a shutdown defense let me give you an example best defense to ever play gave up 10.8 points per game including in the playoffs that would be the Ravens the bears only get up 13 points per game those were big time defenses they don't give up 42 to the 49ers and 28 to the Eagles we needed more offense and now we have it...
Nice to see you took your mittens off after the first paragraph, but would you please start using punctuation? I, for one, have given up on ever trying to read your longer posts. It requires rereading portions several times, and it's just not worth the time.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't believe preseason had anything to do with our losses. The reason being the Cowboys came out totally prepared in week 1. Whatever the coaching staff did, it was good enough. The losses are on them. It's not ridiculous to think you can lose two road games to the two best teams in the NFL. Let's see what happens if and when they come to us.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nice to see you took your mittens off after the first paragraph, but would you please start using punctuation? I, for one, have given up on ever trying to read your longer posts. It requires rereading portions several times, and it's just not worth the time.
I haven’t read a post of his in a year. Too much work lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't believe preseason had anything to do with our losses. The reason being the Cowboys came out totally prepared in week 1. Whatever the coaching staff did, it was good enough. The losses are on them. It's not ridiculous to think you can lose two road games to the two best teams in the NFL. Let's see what happens if and when they come to us.
The argument he’s using isn’t the team but the offense. He thinks the offense struggled against the Cardinals because of no preseason. I just disagree there though.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

I doubt playing a few quarters in the preseason would have made the difference in those games. There may be a small correlation in the first game to getting off to a slower start, but the Cowboys had little trouble in game 1 so I don't think it made a difference.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Chiefs played their starters all through the preseason. How are they doing in the regular season?