Just when I thought we had pulled even with the 49ers I saw a troubling omen

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Long way to go, but the most likely scenario for Dallas is the five seed, which sends us on the road to worst division winner, likely the South and Atl/TB/NO

If Detroit gets the one seed, both SF and Philly will get layup home games and advance.

As the five, if we survive the South game we would then go to Detroit, with Philly and SF playing each other. One has to lose, and the winner either goes to Detroit or host Dallas.

That scenario may be as good as it’s gonna get. Barring more than one major playoff upset…don’t win your division, gotta win three road games to get to the dance.
There's nothing likely about the 5 seed. They could just as easily be 6 or 7 or out of the playoffs altogether.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If “ Big Dog Cowboy “ says “ no reason to be troubled MM just needs to crack the books then why worry . They’ve only beaten Dallas like a drum 3 straight .

:facepalm:

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Great pass rushers win about 1/3 of the time. The key is to not get into situations where 1/3 "losses" kills drives.

Basically, it means never run on early downs.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are so far away from worrying about the 9'ers. So much changes from week to week. Let the chips fall where they may.
Right, too many fans are so caught up with SF & Philly. It is why some of them are referred to as fans of those 2 teams. They slobber all over them. They do not want to see how good a team Dallas is / can be. I understand to envy them at times though. They are very well coached. But talent wise is pretty close with all 3 teams within. a few players.
Our run game is what is a big difference. Overall our front 7 lacks there too.

I always say, enjoy the season as it unfolds. Worry about the playoffs once they get here, even regardless of what seed.

Toro9

Reaction score

It is almost a sure thing, comrades.
Cowboys seem destined to meet the 49ers in the playoffs --- in their house.
And it has come to pass that when we meet them again, our line might struggle to keep Dak alive if Chase Young and Nick Bosa canna be neutralized.
I now know we can beat the Egirls any day now. And until the blowout, we seemed to be closing the gap with the 49ers.
But, mateys, this Young-Bosa duo will only get better and come to haunt us.

As I depart, I see two pressing questions:
1. How can our O line hope to neutralize Young/Bosa?
2. What shenanigans, cap sleight of hand, what collaborations allowed Young to go to San Francisco? I sense that Roger is afraid to look at some teams.
Holla

That's a terrible duo. Might have to play max protection should we face them again

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In my opinion, all concern should be focused on controlling the 49er pass rush and zero concern about WHERE the game will be played. Two playoffs ago? Dallas lost by six at AT&T. Last playoff? Lost by seven at Levi.

It does not matter which team has homefield advantage as long as Dallas improves enough to be the better of the two teams. And better than every other team for that matter.

Proof

Reaction score
I thought we were going to pay them back for embarrassing us last year in the playoffs? But then they just turned around and pulled our pants down and spanked us again this year too. I feel like the fans just keep saying "next time...next time" and then the team just goes out and gets their skulls bashed in. And I probably feel that way because that's actually what is happening
its disheartening for sure. and i don't want to be charlie brown w/ lucy holding the football. i do think we're due to avenge though

fivetwos

Reaction score
There's nothing likely about the 5 seed. They could just as easily be 6 or 7 or out of the playoffs altogether.
Hence my first sentence.

Absent dramatic change in circumstance (major injury), it’s reasonable to figure they will make the playoffs but not win the division.

I don’t think the scenario I laid out is far-fetched, and likely Dallas’ best bet if they are going to get out of the NFC….if they don’t win the division.