Just when I thought we had pulled even with the 49ers I saw a troubling omen

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Maybe the 49ers aren't that much better than Dallas but they just matchup well with them like how Dallas matches up well with Philly's style?
Playoffs are two months away and a lot can happen. Dallas can beat them but they have to get some running lanes open, Cee Dee has to have a big game and a turnover or two.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Eventually the Cowboys are going to be tired of being the 49er's whipping boy. You'd like to think they'll get up for their next meeting and punch back. Let's hope that happens in the playoffs.

Time will tell...................................

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

It is almost a sure thing, comrades.
Cowboys seem destined to meet the 49ers in the playoffs --- in their house.
And it has come to pass that when we meet them again, our line might struggle to keep Dak alive if Chase Young and Nick Bosa canna be neutralized.
I now know we can beat the Egirls any day now. And until the blowout, we seemed to be closing the gap with the 49ers.
But, mateys, this Young-Bosa duo will only get better and come to haunt us.

As I depart, I see two pressing questions:
1. How can our O line hope to neutralize Young/Bosa?
2. What shenanigans, cap sleight of hand, what collaborations allowed Young to go to San Francisco? I sense that Roger is afraid to look at some teams.
Holla

Lol...I would not worry about the 49'ers. Pay back is a mutha.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Well, Simon, I was thinking tha we had a big off day when they hung 40 on us. But what you conveniently disregard is the 49er recent losses, their injuries and our newfound dominance. And Purdy looks mortal.
So cut me some slack, Jack.
Yeah the 9ers are definitely not as good if they're best players are out... but now that they're getting healthy again it looks like they're picking up where they left off

Pass2Run

Reaction score
There are several ways OC's can slow down opposing pass rushes.

It's football 101 and has been done since the invention of the game.

McCarthy and staff just need to prepare. No reason to be troubled.
The question is more about, what scheme most assures Lamb will have a monster game. If he has a monster game, we win. That should be the key to the 9ers.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Lol...I would not worry about the 49'ers. Pay back is a mutha.
I thought we were going to pay them back for embarrassing us last year in the playoffs? But then they just turned around and pulled our pants down and spanked us again this year too. I feel like the fans just keep saying "next time...next time" and then the team just goes out and gets their skulls bashed in. And I probably feel that way because that's actually what is happening

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The question is more about, what scheme most assures Lamb will have a monster game. If he has a monster game, we win. That should be the key to the 9ers.

Checkers or Chess?

Reaction score
The Cowboys are so far from beating the the 49er’s it’s not even funny. If these two meet again there’s nothing between now and then to close the gap.

They are better coached and just more talented across the board.

It won’t be a close game.
Sometimes teams gel, linemen recover from injuries, new injuries happen. Though the odds of our center suddenly becoming a physical presence are slim and none. That's a problem.

catiii

Reaction score
They can be out=schemed as opposed to trying to go head to head/ Coach smart Big Mike. A bit of trickery when least expected as well.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The key is our Oline. Oline Coach Mike Solari from now through the playoffs has to keep pushing this Oline (and backups) to keep improving, keep getting in better shape, keep firing out, driving and winning their match-ups, keep getting aggressive, play with anger but controlled, stay focused but hungry, have the mental fortitude to steam roll your opponent, keep dominating, etc.

Hadenough

Reaction score

And it has come to pass that when we meet them again, our line might struggle to keep Dak alive if Chase Young and Nick Bosa canna be neutralized.
I now know we can beat the Egirls any day now. And until the blowout, we seemed to be closing the gap with the 49ers.

2. What shenanigans, cap sleight of hand, what collaborations allowed Young to go to San Francisco? I sense that Roger is afraid to look at some teams.
Holla

Yep! Unfortunately the 49ers are going to be tough if not impossible for Dallas to beat. The matchup is bad across the board but if somehow someway the Eagles can take care of them for Dallas there would be a sliver of hope. Assuming Dallas can handle the Lions which Im not sure they can.

Einstein

Reaction score

Holla

They're probably just renting Young... I think he's on the last year of his rookie deal, so they'd have to pay him.

Creeper

Reaction score
Unless the injury bug hits the Niners they will be raising the Lombardi Trophy in Feb..............
I think the 49ers struggle to beat the Eagles the same way we struggle to beat the 49ers. I think the Eagles can block the 49ers DL and give Hurts time to burn the 49ers downfield. I also think the Eagles can run on the 49ers.

For the Cowboys to beat the 49ers they need to be able to run the football and so far this year they have not been able to run against anybody.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Long way to go, but the most likely scenario for Dallas is the five seed, which sends us on the road to worst division winner, likely the South and Atl/TB/NO

If Detroit gets the one seed, both SF and Philly will get layup home games and advance.

As the five, if we survive the South game we would then go to Detroit, with Philly and SF playing each other. One has to lose, and the winner either goes to Detroit or host Dallas.

That scenario may be as good as it’s gonna get. Barring more than one major playoff upset…don’t win your division, gotta win three road games to get to the dance.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are several ways OC's can slow down opposing pass rushes.

It's football 101 and has been done since the invention of the game.

McCarthy and staff just need to prepare. No reason to be troubled.
Every way you try to neutralize pass rush comes at a cost. An offense built entirely out of draws and screens and quick slants doesn't go very far. I mean, you do what you have to do, but if you can't stop a pass rush, you're going to be less effective one way or another.

The simple fact is, if their defensive line is better than your offensive line, you're in trouble. Is it possible to overcome that and have a good offensive day? Sure. Is it likely? Nope.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They've had two chances at payback and failed. Third time's the charm?
If it helps, Dallas beat them three straight times in the '90s, two championship games and the regular season game in between. And then the '9ers turned it around and beat Dallas three straight times, two regular season games with a championship game in between. And then Dallas turned it around and beat them. Well, they've beaten Dallas three straight times now...

(On the other hand, the '9ers won 6 in a row before that '90s run.)

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
We are so far away from worrying about the 9'ers. So much changes from week to week. Let the chips fall where they may.