K D Drummond: Bijan in a Cowboy uni is worth hundreds of millions more than probably all non-QBs

rambo2

Reaction score
Think the chances of him being there are a little greater KD Drummond thinks.
Who is going to take him? Don’t think he gets picked in the top 10
11-20 Maybe the Patriots at 14, Tampa at 17 - doesn’t make sense with the rebuild:
21-Charger definitely a possibility but also need a starting TE and have Ekeler
22-Ravens - maybe if so trade something cheap for Dobbins
24-Jaguars- do have Etienne and need offensive line help

Probably more of a chance he will be gone but it’s not definite.
I'll bet that he goes between 10 and 26.

Sydla

Reaction score
There is no offensive player in this draft that would have the impact Bijan Robinson would. The Cowboys are a running team. Dak will never take this team to a Super Bowl with his arm.
Same logic was used in 2016 when people argued we had to take Zeke.

Running backs aren't franchise altering. The difference between this team making a SB run and not making a SB isn't Bijan Robinson. It keeps getting proven year after year that the teams that shy away from investing high picks and big dolalrs in the TB position tend to be more successful overall than those that do (probably because those resources are shifted to more important positions such as the OL, DL, etc.)

Sydla

Reaction score
You think they would give up 2nd and probably 1st in 24 for Robinson. Wow !!!! I hope Stephen slams the table on Jerrah’s foot then.
Given our needs, it would be absolutely stupid but utterly predictable to use our 2nd round pick to go chase a running back in the first round.

The true hilarity of it is that they now are paying a TB $10 million a year after Pollard signed his tag and then would draft a guy in Robinson using both prime picks in this draft and then have to split the carries/touches between them.

Fine use of resources right there. Wanna know why this franchise has gone 25 years without sniffing a conference title game? This kind of ******* logic right here. Hopefully Jerry isn't this stupid.

Hardline

Reaction score

Running backs aren't franchise altering. The difference between this team making a SB run and not making a SB isn't Bijan Robinson. It keeps getting proven year after year that the teams that shy away from investing high picks and big dolalrs in the TB position tend to be more successful overall than those that do (probably because those resources are shifted to more important positions such as the OL, DL, etc.)
That's not true. Drafting Zeke was the only thing that made this offense go. Zeke wasn't the reason we didn't win a Super Bowl. You are just repeating what others say.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
I remember all the worry when Saquan got drafted by the Giants, "He's going to destroy us twice a year!" How's that working out for them?

rambo2

Reaction score

What are you going to say if they win the Super Bowl with Robinson?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
u know for a guy dissing the general public not understanding stuff he really do not understand stuff

hundreds of millons….95% of the cowboys fan base buying merch

get real lol

bijan robinson have 200k follower on instagram and 50k on twitter he is not lebron james or ronaldo
Yes, it was a moronic statement.

In 2021 the Cowboys pre-tax profit was 466M. That includes all stadium income from non NFL game events.

"Hundreds of millions" is a wide range but let's say 100M per year.
- That would be about 22% of the total profit by drafting Bijan instead of a player like the other UT RB R. Johnson in the mid-rounds.

rambo2

Reaction score
We shall see
Yes we shall see. I suspect that they will take Robinson at 26, or Gibbs at 58, or Miller or Abanikanda at 90. I'll guess that Robinson goes before they pick at 26 and they end up taking Miller at 90.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yes we shall see. I suspect that they will take Robinson at 26, or Gibbs at 58, or Miller or Abanikanda at 90. I'll guess that Robinson goes before they pick at 26 and they end up taking Miller at 90.
RB in every rd could be in play, do think the best value is probably at 90

Sydla

Reaction score
That's not true. Drafting Zeke was the only thing that made this offense go. Zeke wasn't the reason we didn't win a Super Bowl. You are just repeating what others say.
No the reason why didn't win a SB was because we often trotted out flawed rosters. Which when you invest as much as we do in a fungible position like TB, sometimes happens.

Two playoff wins in the 7 years Zeke was here.

And yet over that time frame, a bunch of teams made SB runs by not spending a heavy amount on the TB position either in terms of picks or cash. Maybe the league is smarter than we are? But nope, let's do stupid again. Pay one TB $10 million this year. Then use a first round pick (or worse, trade up in the first round) for another TB and then split the carries/touches. Seems like just the stupid thing Jerry would do.

Sydla

Reaction score
What are you going to say if they win the Super Bowl with Robinson?
Then I will give them credit. But my opinion right now is baseed on the fact that when you look at the last decade, the majority of teams making SB runs don't do what we do at TB. They just don't. They see it as a fungible position that they can backfill when needed, they don't view it as a prime position that they have to spend real assets on. But hey, what does most of these successful teams know given we are on a 25 year run with only 5 playoff wins?

What will you say if they draft Robinson and they don't win a SB? My guess is you will come up with some rationalization anyway how awesome a pick it still was.

Sydla

Reaction score
Robinson at 26 is silly IMO

Gibbs at 58 wouldn't be terrible but is unlikely he last that long

Miller at 90 just seems way smarter for trying to build the best roster they can. Take OL and DL with the first two, come back with a talented back and you have yourself a smart draft IMO (at least on paper).