Twitter: K Lirim Hajrullahu will be signed

Carson

Reaction score
Is Niswander hurt? Or is the "issue" that he's getting cut in favor of Anger?
This would be my guess.

Bones typically favors his guys and Anger is one of his guys.

“I remember when Bryan came out as a rookie in 2012,” Fassel told reporters last week. “I kind of went on a workout circuit, working out a whole bunch of potential rookie kickers and punters. I worked out [Johnny] Hekker, and then two days later, I flew down to Southern California and worked out Anger. Then a few days later, I flew to Wisconsin and worked out a punter, and then a few days after that, I worked out [Greg] Zuerlein at Missouri Western.”

“So I’ve known Bryan for now ten years,” Fassel continued. “Obviously never coached him, just evaluating him over these years. I think he’s one of the top punters in the league. He’s been kind of caught up in some staff change in Jacksonville and then in Tampa and then in Houston. So by no means is that a reflection of his ability. He was available, and I thought, ‘Let’s go get one of the best guys,’ and the team was on board, and so we went and got him, too. I just think he’s also a hell of a punter, and I think we were really fortunate to get him.”

MarcusRock

Reaction score
As a placekicker, Lirim is a far better option. Niswander is a punter masquerading as a kicker in preseason.

But if it's just for FGs, so what? It's preseason and we don't care about points honestly. So I wonder if it's either that the FG teams aren't getting the work they need with Niswander for some reason (kicks too low, timing, etc.) or that they fear Zuerlein might not actually be ready by Week 1 and they want this guy for insurance before it's too late to go looking.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
Is Niswander hurt? Or is the "issue" that he's getting cut in favor of Anger?

I hope not. He's punting well and how many punters can truly offer value as a credible backup place kicker. What more do they want from the guy?

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In Niswander's defense, he did make his FG's against the Cardinals. It also appeared he had been practicing his kicks.

817Gill

Reaction score
They should have done this at the beginning of TC.
I understand the sentiment but it really doesn’t matter when they did it. IF this move is indeed a Niswander replacement then it’s not a time sensitive move in any way other than us scoring more in the HOF game.

Niswander is the backup punter who had to kick FG’s due to Greg’s surgery. Anger is the starter at P while Greg is the starter at K. Niswander didn’t really have a chance to make the team, he wasn’t anything more than a camp leg. As long as this move was truly made without any concern about Zuerline playing week 1 then it’s just a transactional move. Trading a camp leg for a camp leg.

Had Niswander played the Arizona game and not the HOF game we wouldn’t be talking about the kicking game at all.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
We are now at 1:1 odds to win the Superbowl.
dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

Praxit

Reaction score
..I think Big Mike is going with extra precautions. Should things not go, they still have real estate.