K. Richard on shortlist for GB Packers Head Coach

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure I'd bank on that.

I think Rodgers wants the coach that can bring him another Lombardi before he retires... If he looks at what Richard did to our secondary, the fire he has, the fact our entire defense jumped up clapping when Dak ran for 11.... He's def on the Rodger's approved list.
Then Richard better bring some great offensive mind OC with him because that's Rodgers beef. Richard has been working with a team that addressed the defense, GB has real D problems. Coaches can only fix problems with talent.

exciter

Reaction score
Kris Richard is among those listed with odds to be next head coach of Green Bay Packers
Could Kris Richard leave Dallas?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ds-to-be-next-head-coach-of-green-bay-packers

Discussion about making K. Richard our head coach here - https://cowboyszone.com/threads/wou...-hc-if-thats-the-only-way-to-keep-him.422304/
Right, so in the twilight of Roger's career they're going to hire a dbs coach as their head coach. I'd be stunned if whomever they hire isnt an offensive minded coach with ties to defensive coaches playing in the 34. They're wanting to win now not do a rebuild!

Wood

Reaction score

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Piece on potential HCs from Sports Illustrated - https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/21/n...elippo-mcdaniels-riley-saban-condoleezza-rice

KRIS RICHARD, COWBOYS DBS COACH
The Cowboys’ defense has looked different this year, and one big reason is Richard, who took over play-calling duties from defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli. Richard joined the Cowboys this season after eight years in Seattle, where he not only adopted the aggressive and physical style of the Legion of Boom years, but earned valuable experience leading a group of strong-minded players. In the past two years Richard interviewed for the Bills and Colts head jobs, and a strong indicator of how he’s viewed is that the Cowboys would like to keep him at the head of their defense even if they do make a change at head coach.

JBond

Reaction score
I really don't want to lose this guy.

If I were Jerry, I'd make him HC and create some fancy title for Garrett like Executive of Coaching so he can clap all day long.
I want Garrett baned from the facilities.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I have wanted Richard as the next head coach. I see similarities between him and Tomlin.

Tomlin was about his age I think when he was with Tampa for that Super Bowl in 2002. Marinelli was on that staff and he brought up the similarities of Tomlin and Richard. I see him as an up and comer. If we don't promote him, sooner or later he will leave. I mean he's pretty much the DC as it is. But we could give him that official title next season and a raise to go with it. Marinelli would honestly be better and enjoy just working with the d lineman rather than doing the whole defense anyways.