K. Richard on shortlist for GB Packers Head Coach

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I hope not. I don't know how good of a head coach he'd be, but he seems to have turned this D around, and I wanna keep him here.
Same here.

I wonder if Jerry would "promote" Garrett and give him some Executive role and bump K. Richard up to HC.

Then Garrett can clap all day long.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Green Bay will be bringing in Rogers approved coach. The next GB coach will be offensive minded.
Not sure I'd bank on that.

I think Rodgers wants the coach that can bring him another Lombardi before he retires... If he looks at what Richard did to our secondary, the fire he has, the fact our entire defense jumped up clapping when Dak ran for 11.... He's def on the Rodger's approved list.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s so much wrong with that article. Starting with it’s a list of odds for random people who somebody thinks the Packers might consider and not a short list from the organization at all. And then following it with odds of 25:1 and run in it anyway because it includes the Cowboys and will get read for that reason alone.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
There’s so much wrong with that article. Starting with it’s a list of odds for random people who somebody thinks the Packers might consider and not a short list from the organization at all. And then following it with odds of 25:1 and run in it anyway because it includes the Cowboys and will get read for that reason alone.
Well I agree largely that obviously it is not pegged to reality, beyond the fact that there are dudes that bet on this stuff and make a living off of it.

There is a reason he is coming in so highly here, and while an opportunity with the Packers is an honor and any coach would be foolish not to consider it, even if this one doesn't come through, he's going to be getting a lot of calls this offseason.

I don't see how we keep him without at least bumping him up to DC.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I really don't want to lose this guy.

If I were Jerry, I'd make him HC and create some fancy title for Garrett like Executive of Coaching so he can clap all day long.

(Like Jerry being owner/GM) Jason already has 2 titles (HC/Executive of Coaching)… :laugh::lmao2::lmao::flagwave:

lukin2006

Reaction score
Not sure I'd bank on that.

I think Rodgers wants the coach that can bring him another Lombardi before he retires... If he looks at what Richard did to our secondary, the fire he has, the fact our entire defense jumped up clapping when Dak ran for 11.... He's def on the Rodger's approved list.

We have stockpiled talent on the D for years now. GB does not have an LVE. Does GB have the talent we do on the D? Does Richard want to start over, or patiently wait? We also do not know what Jerry and he have discussed. Because I am a true believer if Jerry wants you to stay, he usually figures away. But if he does leave we will need to re-group. Should not be hard to good DC to wanna come and work with this group, this D should have us excited that maybe the super bowl drought is nearing an end. Richard wants to get to the SB as well, which is the path of least resistance, it may be Dallas.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
(Like Jerry being owner/GM) Jason already has 2 titles (HC/Executive of Coaching)… :laugh::lmao2::lmao::flagwave:
We all know Jerry isn't going to get rid of Garrett. Best we can hope for is him making up some title to "promote" him into. Executive of Coaching or something stupid like that may be the only way we get a new coach in there before 2030.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gotta keep K Richards. Does he really want to be HC? If he does, who would he bring in for DC, OC, and QB coach?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
We have stockpiled talent on the D for years now. GB does not have an LVE. Does GB have the talent we do on the D? Does Richard want to start over, or patiently wait? We also do not know what Jerry and he have discussed. Because I am a true believer if Jerry wants you to stay, he usually figures away. But if he does leave we will need to re-group. Should not be hard to good DC to wanna come and work with this group, this D should have us excited that maybe the super bowl drought is nearing an end. Richard wants to get to the SB as well, which is the path of least resistance, it may be Dallas.
I don't know man, you got to look at the fact that with the Seahawks he created the best secondary in the league, with some elite talent...

Then he comes to Dallas, a secondary that was a joke, and turns it into a legit unit with the #1 CB in the league in Jones and a borderline #5 FS in Woods....

I don't think Richard has any doubt about his ability to walk into any building and turn it around. He shouldn't.