News: Kaepernick-Browns trade would give Cowboys

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Hope I can put this here...
Kaepernick-Browns trade would give Cowboys, NFL Draft altered timeline

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2016/03/12/kaepernick-browns-trade-would-give-cowboys-nfl-draft-altered-timeline/

The thought behind the term “butterfly effect” is essentially that one small change in one thing can create ripples that reach out and drastically change the previous paths of several other things. If the Cleveland Browns and San Francisco 49ers agree to a rumored deal that would send QB Colin Kaepernick to the AFC, that would be one impactful butterfly.

People could be headed out towards an anticipated destiny, and then, if juuust the right thing happened a million miles away, a chain of events could ensue that knocks a seemingly unrelated person into an entirely new path. Butterfly wings flaps can cause hurricanes on the other side of the world.

Cleveland currently has the second pick in this April’s draft in Chicago. With a new coach in Hue Jackson, recently releasing Johnny Manziel and an extended history of misery at the position, most observers have felt it a sure thing Cleveland would take the quarterback of their choice with that pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Proximo

Reaction score
Interesting plot twist.

If this trade happens does this likely eliminate Cleveland taking a QB in the 1st round?

Could the Cowboys possibly have their choice of QB with the 4th overall pick?

Szczepanik

Reaction score
How far does a Goff or Wentz fall in the first if Cleveland gets Kap?

The farther one of the falls the more likely we can fleece someone in a trade down

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No.

Just no.

Look at the Browns' track record. What they do or don't do isn't indicative of anything. Because they'll probably be wrong.

When have the Browns ever not had a QB on the roster....had a top 5 pick and said "Nah......no quarterback". Whether its the right move or not its telling about these guys. You think if it was last season they'd pass up Mariotta and Winston and go after Kapernick lol?

I wouldn't sleep on Hue Jackson. He's going to at least get them in the right direction. Not sure if there will be results.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No.

Just no.

Look at the Browns' track record. What they do or don't do isn't indicative of anything. Because they'll probably be wrong.

If Browns have a pretty low bar for the QBs they'd draft and even they want to pass on these prospects? Yes, I'd say that's a bit of a red flag. But I don't think the Browns are going to pass on a QB in the first round.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How far does a Goff or Wentz fall in the first if Cleveland gets Kap?

The farther one of the falls the more likely we can fleece someone in a trade down

I wonder if the Cowboys and Titans pass up QB............how low do all the QB's fall?

People are not even thinking about the Chargers taking a QB......but they had no problem taking Rivers when they had Brees. They probably are thinking of win now just like we are with Rivers though.

Proximo

Reaction score
When have the Browns ever not had a QB on the roster....had a top 5 pick and said "Nah......no quarterback". Whether its the right move or not its telling about these guys. You think if it was last season they'd pass up Mariotta and Winston and go after Kapernick lol?

I wouldn't sleep on Hue Jackson. He's going to at least get them in the right direction. Not sure if there will be results.

LOL. Okay buddy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Browns have a pretty low bar for the QBs they'd draft and even they want to pass on these prospects? Yes, I'd say that's a bit of a red flag. But I don't think the Browns are going to pass on a QB in the first round.

That's all i'm saying. Everyone knows that this is the move for them. They take a QB no matter how successful they are or aren't. They don't have a QB on the roster and they would rather get Kaerpnick? Its a telling sign. And I think it says a lot about the QB's in the draft. If Cowboys, Chargers or Browns don't go QB......you might have to wait until St. Louis to see these guys get off the board.

Proximo

Reaction score
I like how all the sudden the Browns' opinion is some kind of indicator of a prospect's potential/value.

I'm sorry but I trust the Cowboys' evaluation more than the Browns.

What the Browns think literally means nothing to me.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That's all i'm saying. Everyone knows that this is the move for them. They take a QB no matter how successful they are or aren't. They don't have a QB on the roster and they would rather get Kaerpnick? Its a telling sign. And I think it says a lot about the QB's in the draft. If Cowboys, Chargers or Browns don't go QB......you might have to wait until St. Louis to see these guys get off the board.

They'll probably draft Wentz. Lanky QB who doesn't know how to slide, bad at reading defenses and throws passes straight to defenders, but be in awe over his deep ball accuracy. Total Browns QB.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I like how all the sudden the Browns' opinion is some kind of indicator of a prospect's potential/value.

And as of now, from everything we've heard, QB is not in play at 4 for us. So there you go, Browns may pass on a QB and we will most likely.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Probably says more about the QB's in this draft if the Browns will pass up one and trade for one.

So let me get this right. You are saying the browns, maybe the worst team that has been rebuilding since the 1960's and still hasn't gotten it right, have such a keen eye on talent, they would make this trade because the players at the top of the list at QB this season are crap?

Just to be clear. Cleveland sets the bar on QB talent in this league. Is that what you meant?

DFWJC

Reaction score

Haha. Some truth there.

But my guess is that Hugh Jackson will have a huge say in what they do at QB this year.
So seeing this is his 1st year, any and all previous Browns moves don't really apply

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

Or, perhaps they want a guy who has learned the NFL and has played at a high level, and is just looking for a new address. Kap isn't bad. But he is also very immediate versus the learning curve of a rookie.

Dallas has time to sit a rook and learn under Romo. It's not like this team is headed to the tippy top right now.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Or, perhaps they want a guy who has learned the NFL and has played at a high level, and is just looking for a new address. Kap isn't bad. But he is also very immediate versus the learning curve of a rookie.

Dallas has time to sit a rook and learn under Romo. It's not like this team is headed to the tippy top right now.

I think you have this backwards man.

It would be smarter for Dallas to go for a backup with experience due to our franchise QB being injury prone and us having a better chance at a playoff run again than Browns. It would be smarter for Browns to get a franchise guy rather than going with a failed QB starter.

Last edited:

knightrider94

Reaction score
If this trade occurs, I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland starts dangling their first round pick out to the highest bidder (ex. Eagles) to drop down in the draft and pick up a few more picks.