News: Kaepernick-Browns trade would give Cowboys

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hue Jackson is a very good football coach. I have loads of respect for him. I definitely would take notice if he decided that no QB is worth his 2nd overall pick.

Jackson lobbied for Carson Palmer in 2011 who cost the Raiders a #1 and a #2. Palmer lasted only 2 seasons in Oakland. Jackson may be a good coach but not sure he's a good head coach. He'll have his work cut out for him in Cleveland.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Jerry tells us every year, he told us this year get over it, this is old news it's a given there is not a reason to wallow around, it is what it is every year two entire decades since Jimmy left. Parcells may have shut him up for a season or two. Transparency in the Draft is the GM m.o. in Big D. Sorry you were late for class by 20 years.

slick325

Reaction score
Jackson lobbied for Carson Palmer in 2011 who cost the Raiders a #1 and a #2. Palmer lasted only 2 seasons in Oakland. Jackson may be a good coach but not sure he's a good head coach. He'll have his work cut out for him in Cleveland.

His evaluation of Palmer was spot on. Carson Palmer is still a good QB merely see Arizona with and without him. Despite his poor playoff performance and short lived stay in Oakland Palmer is very good.

jjktkk

Reaction score
The Browns are so desperate for a QB it's possible they could trade for Kap and still take a QB with their first pick to give them some options but I don't see Kap being a good fit in Cleveland not that any QB is. He has too many issues passing from the pocket to have success in Cleveland he would be running around all the time. SF isn't going to give Kap away they're going to want a #2 for him but they could settle for a 3rd to unload him because he doesn't want to be there.

You don't see many teams trade for a QB then turn around and use a top 5 pick on one in the draft. There's one thought that maybe the Browns aren't that thrilled with either Wentz or Goff or that they're tired of wasting first round picks on QBs. The last 2 QBs they drafted in the first round ended up on the street after only 2 seasons. They've had no luck with drafted QBs or veteran QBs would hate to be a fan of the Browns. Look at the list of QBs they've gone through.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cleveland_Browns_starting_quarterbacks

For what its worth, Todd McShay on ESPN said if Cleveland does indeed trades for Kap, he stil views Kap as a bridge qb and that Cleveland would still draft a qb if the Kap trade does happen.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His evaluation of Palmer was spot on. Carson Palmer is still a good QB merely see Arizona with and without him. Despite his poor playoff performance and short lived stay in Oakland Palmer is very good.

Palmer is a good QB but he wasn't a good fit for the Raiders which is why he only lasted 2 seasons despite the 2 premium picks the Raiders gave up for him. I don't see where Jackson see's Kap as being a good fit he can't pass from the pocket which is why he fell from grace.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cleveland could turn the top of the draft its head , aren't they going all analytical based scouting now? They could be more of a wildcard than ever

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When Kap took over for SF in 2012 he looked like he would be the best of the duel threat QBs. He looked better than Cam, Russell Wilson or RG3 when he won rookie of the year. He had a game vs Green Bay in the playoffs that season where he passed for 263 yards and rushed for 181 yards accounting for 4 TD's 2 passing and 2 rushing. His fall from grace the past few seasons is on par with RG3 and it was all due to his inability to pass from the pocket. I'm not sure Kap who got benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert will have much success with any team because he's not an efficient passer. He's never passed for more than 3369 yards or had more than 21 TD's. His career completion percentage is 59.9% and his career passer rating is only 88.4.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Hue Jackson is a very good football coach. I have loads of respect for him. I definitely would take notice if he decided that no QB is worth his 2nd overall pick.

Or, the coaching carousel is such that a head coach doesn't have time to completely revamp a team from scratch like Jimmy Johnson. So a QB that has shown he can play at a high level would be the quickest way to getting that team back in track.

An example of one man's trash is another man's treasure happens every time one guy marries a woman who another guy divorced.

I wouldn't put a great deal of stock in this trade . Or read too much into a coach who thinks quick results is better than a methodical rebuild. Owners are an impatient lot.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I think you have this backwards man.

It would be smarter for Dallas to go for a backup with experience due to our franchise QB being injury prone and us having a better chance at a playoff run again than Browns. It would be smarter for Browns to get a franchise guy rather than going with a failed QB starter.

I have a different view of this team and where they are in regard to making the play-offs and then succeeding. I also have the opinion that Romo could not play out his contract and this team will need something more than a back-up.

From my point of view I would plant a seed to harvest two years from now if you can keep Romo upright.

But Dallas doesn't call me for an opinion much.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I agree. Sad that the Browns would rather have Kap than Goff or Wentz. I still hope the Cowboys say no to a QB even if they have both to pick from

Sad that people think they know better than NFL Scouts that Goof or Wetz can be as good as KaeperPICK, they may be worse and therin' lies the reality of the actuality.

sbark

Reaction score
They'll probably draft Wentz. Lanky QB who doesn't know how to slide, bad at reading defenses and throws passes straight to defenders, but be in awe over his deep ball accuracy. Total Browns QB.

but just has a "bad habit" of winning games that Goff has not acquired--with only 14 wins over his 3 years of starting at Cal.......

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the Browns trade for Kap they'll pretty much be getting a taller version of the QB they just dumped. They'll be getting a QB who's not an efficient passer but can scramble around and run. Kap in Cleveland makes little sense.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
If the Browns trade for Kap they'll pretty much be getting a taller version of the QB they just dumped. They'll be getting a QB who's not an efficient passer but can scramble around and run. Kap in Cleveland makes little sense.

Foosball rated better than Goof and Wetz coming out.

early_morning_wake-up_call.jpg