Kaiser Rolls out notes on Packers game

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
:clap:
I'm waiting to see the "The Commanders could have beaten the Cowboys if they did these 10 things right and we had done these 10 things wrong" thread. :rolleyes:
If we lose, it's "what we did wrong". If the other team loses, it's "Dak worked his quarterback magic on the Commanders, Giants, Dolphins".

Don’t forget the “10 ways the team lost the game for Dak” threads.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I’d like to know what would happen if our D player faked injuries to slow down their hurry up. I’d guess Erin would get with his boyfriends in stripes and together they would warn our guy, penalize him, and eject him.

At some point it has to add to something but in this case it didn't. He went down 3 or 4 times like that, plus he was taunting Dak after the pick that gets a penalty on a lot of players.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I didn’t think it was a fumble because it looked like his hand was moving forward
But it should have been called grounding

That's interesting, I don't want to spend the time looking up the rules but I'd like to see what it says.

I don't think the rule of his arm moving forward applies because the ball was out of his hand. That is why he punched it to move it forward, it wasn't in his grip.

Creeper

Reaction score
I agree with almost everything you posted about the game. But I would say the refs had more than an incidental impact on the game. That holding call on Austin on a Zeke run to the Packers 18 ended a promising drive. At that point if the Cowboys push it in and score its a closer game. The penalties killed the Cowboys early, The 39 yard PI on Brown was huge too. The Packers wound up scoring after that play. At this point its obvious that replays on PI are worthless. Unless its like the super obvious play in the Rams-Saints game that wasn't called, replay officials are not overturning any calls on the field for PI. I am not even sure they would overturn that call on the Rams.

The point is, if its not a blowout as it turned out, the Cowboys offense was moving the ball and moving it well. The INTs hurt, of course, but despite those turnovers, in a closer game, the Cowboys had a chance to come back. The refs calls, including the one not called against Gallup, were devastating. That would have been a fresh set of downs with the Cowboys moving the ball well. And, in a closer game, Zeke and the running game keep the Packers defense honest.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I didn’t think it was a fumble because it looked like his hand was moving forward

Multiple things are at play here for why it was neither. First the play in real time. Don't know that you can call grounding here with a receiver in the general area. Even if they did, it was 3rd Down, there'd have been loss of down but Green Bay punted next play anyway. The only way someone has a gripe with this play is trying to call it a fumble. However ....

ARF-Play.gif

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Here is the first replay showing Rodgers steady the ball with 2 hands after contact by Lawrence and then flip the ball forward including a change in the ball's trajectory. His fingers never leave the ball until pushed forward.

ARF-Replay1.gif

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I agree with almost everything you posted about the game. But I would say the refs had more than an incidental impact on the game. That holding call on Austin on a Zeke run to the Packers 18 ended a promising drive. At that point if the Cowboys push it in and score its a closer game. The penalties killed the Cowboys early, The 39 yard PI on Brown was huge too. The Packers wound up scoring after that play. At this point its obvious that replays on PI are worthless. Unless its like the super obvious play in the Rams-Saints game that wasn't called, replay officials are not overturning any calls on the field for PI. I am not even sure they would overturn that call on the Rams.

The point is, if its not a blowout as it turned out, the Cowboys offense was moving the ball and moving it well. The INTs hurt, of course, but despite those turnovers, in a closer game, the Cowboys had a chance to come back. The refs calls, including the one not called against Gallup, were devastating. That would have been a fresh set of downs with the Cowboys moving the ball well. And, in a closer game, Zeke and the running game keep the Packers defense honest.

31-3 late in the 3rd quarter is a blowout. I know we moved down the field and you bring up good points, but the endgame is that it was a blowout. We scored 3TD's in garbage time as the GB defense went into prevent. I do like the effort Dallas had in the 4Q tho. Wish they had that all game every game, but I guess that's too much to ask.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Reverse angle replay and slowed down 75% from the original broadcast slow motion. Anyone calling this a fumble after seeing these replays is truly seeing what they want to see. But stranger things have happened. Lol.

ARF-Replay2.gif

Creeper

Reaction score
It not whether his hand is on the ball that determines if its a pass, its whether or not he has control of the ball. Look at his thumb. You can see the ball is coming loose. He doesn't have control which is why he is pushing it. That's a fumble and if it was Dak he let it go like that I am almost certain its called a fumble.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It not whether his hand is on the ball that determines if its a pass, its whether or not he has control of the ball. Look at his thumb. You can see the ball is coming loose. He doesn't have control which is why he is pushing it. That's a fumble and if it was Dak he let it go like that I am almost certain its called a fumble.

Double standard whining notwithstanding but coming loose? He had just steadied it with 2 hands before pushing the ball forward. Not a throw, a push, which is allowed and he did several times in this game if I remember correctly. You need your thumb to throw. You do not need it to push. Go back and watch the first replay from the front side and look at the thumb. There was complete control.

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
If Rodgers steadied it with two hands then why push it like he did and not throw it? Go back the the New Orleans game and the Zeke Fumble, Zeke was clearly down when the ball came loose but the replay official ruled he did not have control of it before he was was down even though the ball was still in his arm. You cannot argue Zeke's was a fumble but Rodgers' wasn't. I am not saying you, but the league is making that argument by the way they called the plays after replay. Also notice Rodgers arm is not moving forward until Tank's hands come off his arm. Again, if he had control, why push the pass that way and why flick the wrist at the end. Have you ever seen a shot putter flick his wrist like that? LOL

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If Rodgers steadied it with two hands then why push it like he did and not throw it? Go back the the New Orleans game and the Zeke Fumble, Zeke was clearly down when the ball came loose but the replay official ruled he did not have control of it before he was was down even though the ball was still in his arm. You cannot argue Zeke's was a fumble but Rodgers' wasn't. I am not saying you, but the league is making that argument by the way they called the plays after replay. Also notice Rodgers arm is not moving forward until Tank's hands come off his arm. Again, if he had control, why push the pass that way and why flick the wrist at the end. Have you ever seen a shot putter flick his wrist like that? LOL

Tank just swiped at him and gets ahold of his foot and Jaylon is in his face. The fastest thing you can do to make that a forward pass is to shovel pass it. Again, Rodgers did this in this same game so there's nothing weird about it. To make a proper pass you have to cock the ball back and then come forward. Rodgers didn't have time to do that with defenders around so you flick it forward and it counts as a forward pass. Why add time to a process when there's no time? This is why Rodgers is the most heads-up QB there is.

With Zeke, I had a question about that because the ball did start to move from the action of the defender when Zeke touched down and then the defender completed the action afterwards so it looks like they granted continuation but there's no written rule about that where there probably should to make it clearer. Here, after Tank's swipe, the ball is still fully in Rodgers' grip. You just get fooled because Rodgers is moving right, and flicks the ball right, so you want to say the ball moved that way because of Tank. It didn't. Rodgers continued right because it bought him a little time from Jaylon and then flicked it out of there. At no point in time is the ball loose and moving around until after Rodgers' hand comes forward and releases. You're seeing what you want to see here even after I slowed the already slow video down 75%. This is why these boards are interesting.

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
I agree with almost everything you posted about the game. But I would say the refs had more than an incidental impact on the game. That holding call on Austin on a Zeke run to the Packers 18 ended a promising drive. At that point if the Cowboys push it in and score its a closer game. The penalties killed the Cowboys early, The 39 yard PI on Brown was huge too.

That was exactly my point of posting those four penalties. I didn't list the Brown PI penalty because I do think its a call that could go either way. But you rarely see four terrible calls in one game and its even rarer to see them all go against one team.

CWR

Reaction score
My biggest problem after this game is our defense. I liked this teams chances primarily because I was expecting a top 5 defense.

I thought LVE and Jaylon would continue on a truly awesome trajectory. I expected X Woods and the secondary to ball out and assumed wed be breathing down opposing QBS necks all year with Dlaw and Quinn. I even had some hope Tristan could suprise.

Dont get me wrong, we've seen flashes but this defense is missing a beat and I am more concerned than ever it is a scheme issue. The rams exposed a gaping hole on and we still haven't figured out how to counter or correct it.

If this defense isn't special I dont expect the offense will carry us very far, even though they've been a pleasant surprise. All said I haven't lost hope, but Im highly concerned and hope Marinelli and Richard can get this figured out quickly.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are things we can fix or cleanup for sure. But a lot of us thought the defense could atleast help us out some. We can not rely on the offense to dominate every game no matter how good they are. Long past time for the defense to step up and help out this offense and it begins sunday.

Turnovers by the offense makes the defense's job more difficult.

One turnover was on a 1 play drive...