Kamerion Wimbley typical Linebacker..

ddh33

Reaction score
NorthDalal said:
It's really up to the scouting staff to get the inside story on these guy's heads. Like all college FB fans I saw Wimbley play-but I'd be lying if I told you I paid any special attention to him as a Cowboy draft choice.

I have seen Ryan LaCasse play both in person and on TV more than 10 times. I still have to say we'll get a much better assessment from Paul Pasqualoni (now Cowboy assistant and former Lacasse head coach) than anything I can offer.

It's a scarcity on this forum to see someone say they can't judge a player they watched for a handlful of games in college--but as a humbled guy who was rooting for Dwight Freeney all the way-I watched him be humbled by Bryant McKinney of Miami as a senior so I'll reserve my judgement about quick but undersized pass rushers.

I agree with you. I don't pretend to know everything about these kids. For the most part, I go off the few games I get to see and the scouting reports I read. In the end, I trust Dallas and the scouts and coaches here who do this for a living much more than I do myself.

ddh33

Reaction score
I don't believe that Carpenter has been completely healthy is any of his seasons. That isn't necessarily indicative of anything though. It's just an observation.

The comments about playing the strong side are noted. I like Ware on the weak side. In my mind, Wimbley is someone who would be able to play the strong side well. If I'm not mistaken, Wimbley played on the right and left sides in college at FSU, and he has a lot of the measureables that would make you think that he could make that transition.

In truth, I'm not completely sure how much difference the whole "strong side/ weak side" makes. I mean, no defense is that predictable. In the end, you would ideally have two guys who could rush the QB and the same two guys who could cover some.