Kansas City Chiefs center Creed Humphrey believes Cooper Beebe will be great for Dallas Cowboys

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The drafting of Cooper Beebe may end up being like drafting a top center and a decent running back all in one. IMO, he’s going to help out the running game a great deal.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...hrey-cooper-beebe-tyler-biadasz-brock-hoffman

“Now your job is setting all the mike points, setting the protections. Doing all of that. You have to read the defense a lot. Being able to see where teams are blitzing from. What fronts their in. Kind of being the general of the offensive line, kind of getting guys going in the right direction. I think with him, he’s had so much experience playing, I think he’ll do a great job being able to move in. He’ll figure it out pretty quick. I think he’s going to do a great job. He’s a great player.”

CCBoy

Reaction score
The drafting of Cooper Beebe may end up being like drafting a top center and a decent running back all in one. IMO, he’s going to help out the running game a great deal.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...hrey-cooper-beebe-tyler-biadasz-brock-hoffman

“Now your job is setting all the mike points, setting the protections. Doing all of that. You have to read the defense a lot. Being able to see where teams are blitzing from. What fronts their in. Kind of being the general of the offensive line, kind of getting guys going in the right direction. I think with him, he’s had so much experience playing, I think he’ll do a great job being able to move in. He’ll figure it out pretty quick. I think he’s going to do a great job. He’s a great player.”
The staff with Jerry at the top, has to plant seeds of faith and grow the love of team now!

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I hope Beebe will turn out great. I'm really looking forward to our new o line taking shape. We have to wait until a couple of reg season games have been played, but so far it looks like they have done a really nice job with bringing in the next generation of great trench men. I hope they'll play Martin and Beebe at the same time every now and then.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah even though he is a rookie, there’s a decent shot that center play is much better….and that’s key IMO, and why I wouldn’t have minded taking one in the first round.

I expect better play at RT as well, and while trying to say Guyton could be better than Tyron Smith is a reach, since he didn’t play much and was banged up when he did, maybe the LT play can be more consistent overall than last year.

If the OL can find itself anywhere near the 2016 version, the RB room doesn’t matter quite as much. Rather have that than an elite runner with a crappy line.

What concerns me the most is I don’t trust Jerry to not meddle in how Elliott is used, and I have a feeling it’s going to be more often than some around here think.

shabazz

Reaction score
Anointing him before game 1. I can't wait for the season to begin.
There's gonna be plenty of growing pains for him and Guyton so we just have to be patient and look for steady progress

I'd say the same for our 2 linebackers that have never played an NFL game yet. We can like some of their attributes but need to see how it plays out. Elite qbs are gonna have them on their toes and making mistakes , so again ; it will take time

blueblood70

Reaction score
Anointing him before game 1. I can't wait for the season to begin.
He doesn't need to be anointed to see his upside and say that there's a possibility we got the steal of the draft and it's not going to be about game one it's about finding his stride throughout 17 games just like Tyler Smith did went through growing pains they all will same with Guyton we're going to have very good players of the future that is a fact that's easy to see projections it's not anointing none of us in here are clouded thinking they're not going to have any bad plays making any mistakes I mean I seen Andre Gerard and some of the centers we had in the past sail balls over people's head their whole career roll those worm burners across the ground it happens with the best of centers they make mistakes and by the way TylerB was this average as they come you can see it from day one he was very adequate he was solid but he wasn't special but we can see the difference between BeeBee and Biadsz. Bee is bigger stronger and his demeanor is more physcl , thats EASSUY to see hes an upgrade..Tyler was solid but you sone pay to keep solid..we saw that in Mcgovern and Williams you simply keep trying and than you hit..

i believe we hit on both these kids but sure time will bare that out..

but anyone with eyes can see the big time upside.

rambo2

Reaction score

I believe it too. A big upgrade at center for the Cowboys. The Cowboys will be able to run the ball.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He doesn't need to be anointed to see his upside and say that there's a possibility we got the steal of the draft and it's not going to be about game one it's about finding his stride throughout 17 games just like Tyler Smith did went through growing pains they all will same with Guyton we're going to have very good players of the future that is a fact that's easy to see projections it's not anointing none of us in here are clouded thinking they're not going to have any bad plays making any mistakes I mean I seen Andre Gerard and some of the centers we had in the past sail balls over people's head their whole career roll those worm burners across the ground it happens with the best of centers they make mistakes and by the way TylerB was this average as they come you can see it from day one he was very adequate he was solid but he wasn't special but we can see the difference between BeeBee and Biadsz. Bee is bigger stronger and his demeanor is more physcl , thats EASSUY to see hes an upgrade..Tyler was solid but you sone pay to keep solid..we saw that in Mcgovern and Williams you simply keep trying and than you hit..

i believe we hit on both these kids but sure time will bare that out..

but anyone with eyes can see the big time upside.
To be fair, CooperBB and Biadasz were both All American/All Conf in NCAA.

TB earned the Pro Bowl also. (And Rimington trophy in NCAA)

Biadasz hate on here is ridiculous.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I think the issue with Biadasz with fans is that he had to follow Fredbeard and lots of people were trying to make comparisons. I don't think it was fair as Fredbeard was probably one of our best centers.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Biadasz was a good draft find and was a solid starter here, but he wasn't a road grader. He was a very good pass blocker, but subpar in the run game, so I think many believe we could see some better running lanes with a new starter.

Bottom line we were spoiled with Frederick and Biadasz had huge shoes to fill which he did a solid job doing, but the time came to see if we could get more out of the position.

Last edited: