Kansas City Chiefs center Creed Humphrey believes Cooper Beebe will be great for Dallas Cowboys

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You remember how they hyped up Biadiz and then turned on him lol?
I remember one fan in particular who thought he was going to be great, as good as Frederick. He hasn't carved out a bad career for being a third-day pick, though, but part of that is our free agent philosophy. We're the type of team to stick with our draft picks and not go out and get anyone better. So we end up with multiple serviceable starters instead of standout ones (although Biadasz did have one Pro Bowl season).

I'm hoping Beebe can develop into a standout center, but we'll see. I think fans just want to be excited about this team and until we know better, they want to believe the best about these players instead of the worst.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Does Beebe get the start center next Sunday?
I believe that's the plan. We held him out of the final preseason games like we did the other starters, while Hoffman played. I believe the team always thought of Hoffman as a fallback plan, which is good because he can get pushed back into the QB when one-on-one against power (like Biadasz did).

gimmesix

Reaction score
Their growing pains are going to be Dak's collision pains.
Most of that will probably come from Guyton's man, especially since he's playing Garrett. Beebe is more protected inside, so if Dak gets hit by who he is supposed to block, it will more likely because he failed to recognize and pick up a blitzer. Hopefully, he doesn't have any snap problems in his first real game at center.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I remember one fan in particular who thought he was going to be great, as good as Frederick. He hasn't carved out a bad career for being a third-day pick, though, but part of that is our free agent philosophy. We're the type of team to stick with our draft picks and not go out and get anyone better. So we end up with multiple serviceable starters instead of standout ones (although Biadasz did have one Pro Bowl season).

I'm hoping Beebe can develop into a standout center, but we'll see. I think fans just want to be excited about this team and until we know better, they want to believe the best about these players instead of the worst.
Most teams give their draft picks 3 years to show something.

Hardline

Reaction score
I was really wanting an RB in round 3 until Beebe was still on the board at our pick. That was one of the biggest no brainers in the draft.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am not hating on anyone. I am optimistic about Beebe. But let's let him face some first string competition and see how he does. He is only a rookie after all.
He played against starters in the preaseason game 2. You didn’t watch?

shabazz

Reaction score
I am not hating on anyone. I am optimistic about Beebe. But let's let him face some first string competition and see how he does. He is only a rookie after all.
You're wasting your time on that guy. He's got this strange psychosis that he has to accuse everyone that doesn't shower praise on Cowboys players of "hating" on them.

The hypocrisy of it, is that he has no issue if someone criticizes Cooper or Trey.....

gimmesix

Reaction score
Most teams give their draft picks 3 years to show something.
Most teams also fill their major holes with free agents to supplement those draft picks. Dallas plays more draft picks than other teams because it only signs cheap free agents.