Twitter: Kavon Frazier leaves the Cowboys for Miami

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Well, bye.

iu

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I thought at one point that he was going to get a shot to be the team's starting strong safety but it never happened. He had the unenviable position of being stuck behind one of this team's several, inexplicable sacred cows. Thankfully, that 'policy' has ended.

In 2017 Frazier was getting a chance. Got about a third of the snaps for about half the season. Couldn't stick.

Similarly Heath was getting a chance at FS that year, and was showing a knack for breaking on the ball. I really wanted Heath at single high FS, and Frazier at in the box SS. But they went with XWoods instead, who doesn't have the speed for single high.

I wonder if Woods will even start this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 2017 Frazier was getting a chance. Got about a third of the snaps for about half the season. Couldn't stick.

Similarly Heath was getting a chance at FS that year, and was showing a knack for breaking on the ball. I really wanted Heath at single high FS, and Frazier at in the box SS. But they went with XWoods instead, who doesn't have the speed for single high.

I wonder if Woods will even start this year.

I think that if Woods starts, it's at strong safety. I think he's competing there with Wilson, and I think that ideally, the Cowboys would like Wilson to win the job.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think that if Woods starts, it's at strong safety. I think he's competing there with Wilson, and I think that ideally, the Cowboys would like Wilson to win the job.

I think they said Dix would be FS when they signed him.

Woods is a short timer, Wilson is the future. It would work out really well for Woods to backup both S spots, and a little slot CB too.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woods is a short timer, Wilson is the future. It would work out really well for Woods to backup both S spots, and a little slot CB too.

I don't think the team is particularly high on Woods at this point. Like Maliek Collins, Woods has flashed and teased with what might be for too long now and the team is ready to move on. Besides that, in Woods you have a player that thinks he's far better than he truly is.

cern

Reaction score
We saw his best. No sense wasting a roster spot for a player that doesn't have it.

Zordon

Reaction score
He probably led the team in charity work. Great guy. I hope he kills it in Miami.