Twitter: KC: Dak must reach playoffs consistently if he's paid premium QB money

Qcard

Reaction score
You should have blamed your idol Romo taking away that advantage for not knowing how to slide then we had to eat up 20m in dead $$
The Podcast just lumped in Tony Romo’s last 6 years into Dak Prescott’s first 4 years

mediocre 3 play-off appearances in 10 Years :lmao::lmao2:

Dak Haters are cruel

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
No question that the Cowboys not only make the playoffs with Dak healthy all year, but they win 10 games no problem. With this defense, Dak and the offense probably set the all time NFL record for offense.

And then DAL said “let’s tag him.”
Cause they thought he was an “Elite Level QB”. LOL.
Reality never lines up with your fantasy, dream world posts.

GMO415

Reaction score
BS. Guy can't win it alone. He helps give you 30+ points a game, which should win you the majority of games in the NFL. Due to a horrible Defense, the team is failing.

Can't put the defense on Dak.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
All of a sudden, we have some promising young lineman on the team. Biadasz and McGovern. Collins is the big mystery. If all we have to replace is Smith in a few years, I dont see a big issue.

Besides, Dak was running the #1 offense in football with both Collins and Smith out of the lineup.

Dak has gotten so good, that I dont believe we need the best line in football anymore. And we certainly dont need Zeke anymore.

Collins, Martin, Biadasz, McGovern, Smith with Williams, Knight, Steele as backups is looking great going into next season.

Now we probably dont have the great Andy Dalton, but......................................

We'd have to see how Dak copes with that 0-line. He was only missing Collins, Smith played the first 4 games.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
no doubt this defense is not very good but where in the h e l l was Dak 30 points per game avg in those games last season they had a chance that the defense held up against the Saints, Eagles, Patriots, Jets. All the guys you mentioned are mistakes that show what happens when you pay good like elite.

Seriously? The defense that gave up the most points in franchise history and 5 yards per carry is "not very good." Nooooo.. they stink like sunbaked dogsh1t. I can do nothing about the bad games last year. Some of it was on Dak.. some was on others.. Remember Witten's fumble with us driving into winning FG range against the Saints? Remember the horrible Zeke fumble that they didn't overturn against who was that? Was that also the Saints? I think it was. What about the DB with his arms wrapped around Witten on the 2 point play against the Jets? Oh and was Dak on the field when the defense gave up a damn 98 yard pass play to Anderson? Dak had some bad games last year no doubt. But he had way more good games. And frankly he did not have a single bad game this year.. His worst QBR was 68.5 against the Giants and we all know that was on its way up before he got hurt since he had just led the team on two straight 75 yard drives to paydirt and 18 yards away from a third. He was probably going to eventually have a bad game or two this year.. but I don't think there was going to be any defense that caught him off guard anymore. Time will tell.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What goal posts did I move?

My goal is to win Superbowls. I really don’t care how we get there but I see a trending protocol that paying Dak all duh monies asks me to ignore.

We were a watermelon kick from 0-4 this year.. Dude just isn’t a difference maker and paying him like he is hurts my football team.
But does it hurt it as much as a meddling owner and front office who has no eye for talent on defense and takes risks on injured players in the draft?

Or an owner that overpays or places too much value on other key personnel. Regardless how good or great we think Dak is( and Im a critic on some fronts) all teams need a Franchise QB which isn’t necessarily an Elite QB.

But is Dak close enough to build around ? He’s certainly illustrated on a couple occasions within a drive of a championship appearance he’s closer than some. And if we can build a defense it might meet those potentials.

Otherwise we basically start over. Either looking in the draft or FA hoping we can develop or get lucky again. I think at some point we must make a leap of faith which doesn’t mean we still can’t have reservations or concerns.

And in todays NFL these big QB contracts are more about the current market than their current status in the league. Now if you can’t come to terms that Dak is a Franchise QB( not elite) then your opinions are outside the norm from any analysts or experts, etc I’ve watched or followed.

That said , the better deal we can make the more it will help continue surrounding him. But at some point he will be expected to carry more of this team . And he’ll ultimately be held accountable for the success of the team like all other QB’s are.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But does it hurt it as much as a meddling owner and front office who has no eye for talent on defense and takes risks on injured players in the draft?

Or an owner that overpays or places too much value on other key personnel. Regardless how good or great we think Dak is( and Im a critic on some fronts) all teams need a Franchise QB which isn’t necessarily an Elite QB.

But is Dak close enough to build around ? He’s certainly illustrated on a couple occasions within a drive of a championship appearance he’s closer than some. And if we can build a defense it might meet those potentials.

Otherwise we basically start over. Either looking in the draft or FA hoping we can develop or get lucky again. I think at some point we must make a leap of faith which doesn’t mean we still can’t have reservations or concerns.

And in todays NFL these big QB contracts are more about the current market than their current status in the league. Now if you can’t come to terms that Dak is a Franchise QB( not elite) then your opinions are outside the norm from any analysts or experts, etc I’ve watched or followed.

That said , the better deal we can make the more it will help continue surrounding him. But at some point he will be expected to carry more of this team . And he’ll ultimately be held accountable for the success of the team like all other QB’s are.

We need a quick rebuild..

Being mediocre season after season is hurting this franchise.

Be great or be terrible. Just don't be mediocre.

Paying the non elite QB's like they are elite is a good way to be consistently mediocre. Just because the entire league decides together to be stupid doesn't mean Dallas should.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
[ snip ]

If Dak doesn't understand this then I won't want him on my team. Much as I love the player and the story.. eating up 20% of the cap without helping the team's ability to build around him would show that he is not who I thought he was as a person and as such he needs to go. He's not good enough to overcome a 30 ppg defense.. nobody is.. So he needs to help the team out .. His bank account will never be able to tell the difference between 180 million over 5 years vs 145 million over 4 years.. but the team around him will.. Sign the 5 year deal.. add in an opt out if the cap reaches a certain level.. 300 million? during the length of it. And get on with the business of winning championships.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
We need a quick rebuild..

Being mediocre season after season is hurting this franchise.

Be great or be terrible. Just don't be mediocre.

To do that, the owner (GM) has to admit he’s made too many mistakes. Not happening.
Johnnie Walker ain’t giving up that easy!!
Hell, I used Elway as an example of a GM making a stupid and costly mistake and even he stepped down I saw.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I read somewhere that in Daks 18 games against 10plus win teams hes 5-13 has like 22 tds and 18ints

i mean we ripped Dalton etc but lets not forget other qbs struggle against the better teams.

im sure someone will have list of Élite qbs record against such teams and also maybe players that comp to daks record but that not good thats average to below average and him wanting to be paid top 3 money is insane..

Playoffs? how about beat better teams which include payoffs and would get us to the playoffs more..

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If Dak doesn't understand this then I won't want him on my team. Much as I love the player and the story.. eating up 20% of the cap without helping the team's ability to build around him would show that he is not who I thought he was as a person and as such he needs to go. He's not good enough to overcome a 30 ppg defense.. nobody is.. So he needs to help the team out .. His bank account will never be able to tell the difference between 180 million over 5 years vs 145 million over 4 years.. but the team around him will.. Sign the 5 year deal.. add in an opt out if the cap reaches a certain level.. 300 million? during the length of it. And get on with the business of winning championships.

Agree. And this is the tact that JJ and SJ have taken with Dak and his agent over the last 2 years, and to this point-- they don't care.

Bottom line is that Dak is a great leader and a solid QB. But the FO bungled this negotiation and now his contract can cripple the future of the team. No offense can win with a Defense that is as impoverished as ours is. IMO-- the team needs to move on from Dak, not because he is a bad player, but because the financial implications, the talent levels on the roster, and other key under-performing contracts dictate that we need to have a cheap QB in order to build and rectify our past mistakes.

Paying Dak a ton of money and hoping he can put the entire franchise QB is not a wise plan.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
None of those teams have a garbage GM...

Agreed! Plus they all have a real HC! In that group, you have arguably the greatest coach of all time in Bill Belichick. Then you’ve got Andy Reid, Pete Carroll,Sean Payton, and Bruce Arians. I’d take any of those guys over Garrett or McCarthy the last 11 years.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I read somewhere that in Daks 18 games against 10plus win teams hes 5-13 has like 22 tds and 18ints

i mean we ripped Dalton etc but lets not forget other qbs struggle against the better teams.

im sure someone will have list of Élite qbs record against such teams and also maybe players that comp to daks record but that not good thats average to below average and him wanting to be paid top 3 money is insane..

Playoffs? how about beat better teams which include payoffs and would get us to the playoffs more..

Most sane people know Dak would have been 3 for 5 getting to the playoffs had he finished this season. As for ripping Dalton? Dalton went 4-3 against .500 or worse teams. Dak was 2-0 against them this year, 6-1 last year and 8-3 the year before.. The 10 win team thing might carry some weight if the defense wasn't so bad. It has been mediocre to horrible since Dak got here.. and really most of the last decade. We've counted on the offense to hold onto the ball and protect them since 2010. Good teams won't let you do that.. so you're going to have an inferior record against them. Some have the offense to shred your swiss cheese defense and just enough defense to slow down your offense while others have the defense to hold your offense under 20 while managing just enough offense to beat you. This team has been relying on that formula for too long and needs to fix it.. whether it signs Dak or not. Or us Cowboys fans are in for another decade of this same crap..

kskboys

Reaction score
Most sane people know Dak would have been 3 for 5 getting to the playoffs had he finished this season. As for ripping Dalton? Dalton went 4-3 against .500 or worse teams. Dak was 2-0 against them this year, 6-1 last year and 8-3 the year before.. The 10 win team thing might carry some weight if the defense wasn't so bad. It has been mediocre to horrible since Dak got here.. and really most of the last decade. We've counted on the offense to hold onto the ball and protect them since 2010. Good teams won't let you do that.. so you're going to have an inferior record against them. Some have the offense to shred your swiss cheese defense and just enough defense to slow down your offense while others have the defense to hold your offense under 20 while managing just enough offense to beat you. This team has been relying on that formula for too long and needs to fix it.. whether it signs Dak or not. Or us Cowboys fans are in for another decade of this same crap..
Nicely done.

Dalton is a good backup. For the life of me I don't comprehend why a good backup cannot be just a good backup.

kskboys

Reaction score
Agreed! Plus they all have a real HC! In that group, you have arguably the greatest coach of all time in Bill Belichick. Then you’ve got Andy Reid, Pete Carroll,Sean Payton, and Bruce Arians. I’d take any of those guys over Garrett or McCarthy the last 11 years.
I'm curious. Why do you put Arians in that group?

kskboys

Reaction score
Agree. And this is the tact that JJ and SJ have taken with Dak and his agent over the last 2 years, and to this point-- they don't care.

Bottom line is that Dak is a great leader and a solid QB. But the FO bungled this negotiation and now his contract can cripple the future of the team. No offense can win with a Defense that is as impoverished as ours is. IMO-- the team needs to move on from Dak, not because he is a bad player, but because the financial implications, the talent levels on the roster, and other key under-performing contracts dictate that we need to have a cheap QB in order to build and rectify our past mistakes.

Paying Dak a ton of money and hoping he can put the entire franchise QB is not a wise plan.
Let's see, they tried to sign him after year 3, offering a very fair contract around 31-33 mil. Then they tried to sign him last year offering around 35-36 mil and his agent refused to negotiate. Can you explain to me exactly how the Cowboys bungled this?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If this is any other team than the one run by this GM, I'd agree. But this one is different.

Dak Prescott's marketability is every bit as important as making the playoffs.

Do you think Booger paid Romo what he did for the playoffs? He knew exactly what he had, the most discussed QB in the NFL to have never accomplished anything.

Why do you think they paid Marlon Brando what they did for appearing in Superman? Promotion is key in entertainment and the NFL is entertainment.

Prescott has gone one better than Romo and is ubiquitous on TV and would be one of the QB's named if you asked anyone to name 5 NFL QB's. You think Booger wasn't giddy with all of that coverage last off season and the daily "what's Dak worth" discussions? He should pay part of Colin Cowherd's salary. I think he did pay Marshall Faulk's salary to be a Romorooter on NFL.com every week.

Promotions, not production, has more to do with keeping Prescott. And that gruesome 'look away" injury only adds to that. You think the #1 story isn't going to be Prescott's first start in 2021? How do you think Booger keeps this franchise as the most profitable and valuable in professional sports?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see, they tried to sign him after year 3, offering a very fair contract around 31-33 mil. Then they tried to sign him last year offering around 35-36 mil and his agent refused to negotiate. Can you explain to me exactly how the Cowboys bungled this?
I do not think they bungled this one. I think it was the previous ones when they blinked that set this one up. They just picked this one to stop rolling over for.