KC Trades Tyreek Hill to Miami for multiple picks

Flamma

Reaction score
With the jury still out on Tua I wouldn’t have given up a QB ransom for a WR. I’ve never seen any team give up that much for a WR. If Tua goes bust Miami is going to wish they had those picks back to possibly move up in the draft for a QB or trade for one.

Mayfield is available. If they have to keep bringing him in to bail out Tua like Fitzpatrick did, they'll know the problem is Tua. But Baker probably doesn't want to be backup. Let alone backup to an inferior QB.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Keep in mind, this is the first year Mahomes hits the cap hard. It's like 30M more than last year. Something somewhere has to give.
well they could have restructured again.
if they could they should have kept hill for 1 or 2 more seasons.

Their SB window is about to close and without hill and homy's big salary, it may be closed now.
They will just be another playoff team at best.

Flamma

Reaction score
well they could have restructured again.
if they could they should have kept hill for 1 or 2 more seasons.

Their SB window is about to close and without hill and homy's big salary, it may be closed now.
They will just be another playoff team at best.

Restructure who? Mahomes base salary is only 1.5M. Can they restructure roster bonuses? I don't know. But either way, we're talking ridiculous money here being pushed forward. A team can do this, but not with an infinite amount of players.

kskboys

Reaction score
Mayfield is available. If they have to keep bringing him in to bail out Tua like Fitzpatrick did, they'll know the problem is Tua. But Baker probably doesn't want to be backup. Let alone backup to an inferior QB.
Watson inferior to Mayfield? You sir are off your rocker. Mayfield is not in the same conversation as Watson as a QB.

Edit: Hold it, I think you meant Tua is inferior to Mayfield. I agree w/ that. Not much difference, though.

John813

Reaction score
Restructure who? Mahomes base salary is only 1.5M. Can they restructure roster bonuses? I don't know. But either way, we're talking ridiculous money here being pushed forward. A team can do this, but not with an infinite amount of players.

Yes. Saints placed a lot of roster bonuses in 2022 in order to restructure those contracts to get under the cap.
Packers did it with Bakhtiari last year as an example.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, I've never seen a contract like that, w/ the majority of his pay being roster bonuses. That means they can cut him for cheap at any time.

John813

Reaction score
Yeah, I've never seen a contract like that, w/ the majority of his pay being roster bonuses. That means they can cut him for cheap at any time.

https://overthecap.com/player/patrick-mahomes/5594/

Well not anytime lol. He has guaranteed salary the next 3 years along with rolling guarantees on the roster bonuses.

On the 3rd day of the 2022 league year all of Mahomes 2024 compensation will become fully guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2023 league year Mahomes $38.9 million 2025 roster bonus will become guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2o24 league year the rest of Mahomes' 2025 salary will become guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2025 league year Mahomes $38.9 million 2026 roster bonus will be fully guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2026 league year the rest of Mahomes 2026 salary and his $49.4 million 2027 roster bonus become guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2027 league year the rest of Mahomes' 2027 salary and his entire 2028 salary and bonuses will become fully guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2028 league year Mahomes salary and bonuses in 2029 are guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2029 league year Mahomes' 2030 salary and bonuses are guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2030 league year Mahomes $13.9 million 2031 roster bonus is guaranteed. Finally on the 3rd day of the 2031 league year the rest of his salary is guaranteed.

Flamma

Reaction score
Watson inferior to Mayfield? You sir are off your rocker. Mayfield is not in the same conversation as Watson as a QB.

Edit: Hold it, I think you meant Tua is inferior to Mayfield. I agree w/ that. Not much difference, though.

LOL yes. Mayfield over Tua. I think Mayfield is closer to Jared Goff, Tannehill, Wentz. When healthy probably a little better. I don't believe Tua is an NFL QB.

Flamma

Reaction score

Might want to read it again. This March 18th his 2024 salary and roster bonus was guaranteed. His crap is guaranteed 2 years ahead of time. Cutting him anytime soon carries a big dead cap.

His 2025 dead cap reads 4.3 million. Don't be fooled by this. It is not 4.3 million. It will be around 80M because with each passing year new money is guaranteed.

I don't think they can ever cut him for cheap.

kskboys

Reaction score
Might want to read it again. This March 18th his 2024 salary and roster bonus was guaranteed. His crap is guaranteed 2 years ahead of time. Cutting him anytime soon carries a big dead cap.

His 2025 dead cap reads 4.3 million. Don't be fooled by this. It is not 4.3 million. It will be around 80M because with each passing year new money is guaranteed.

I don't think they can ever cut him for cheap.
Same to you!!!! By saying they can cut him for cheap, I mean that his pay is in roster bonuses. So if he's not on the roster, the bonus doesn't kick in. So, they can cut him for cheap after any season.

kskboys

Reaction score
LOL yes. Mayfield over Tua. I think Mayfield is closer to Jared Goff, Tannehill, Wentz. When healthy probably a little better. I don't believe Tua is an NFL QB.
Agree. Mayfield is barely one.

kskboys

Reaction score
https://overthecap.com/player/patrick-mahomes/5594/

Well not anytime lol. He has guaranteed salary the next 3 years along with rolling guarantees on the roster bonuses.

On the 3rd day of the 2022 league year all of Mahomes 2024 compensation will become fully guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2023 league year Mahomes $38.9 million 2025 roster bonus will become guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2o24 league year the rest of Mahomes' 2025 salary will become guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2025 league year Mahomes $38.9 million 2026 roster bonus will be fully guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2026 league year the rest of Mahomes 2026 salary and his $49.4 million 2027 roster bonus become guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2027 league year the rest of Mahomes' 2027 salary and his entire 2028 salary and bonuses will become fully guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2028 league year Mahomes salary and bonuses in 2029 are guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2029 league year Mahomes' 2030 salary and bonuses are guaranteed. On the 3rd day of the 2030 league year Mahomes $13.9 million 2031 roster bonus is guaranteed. Finally on the 3rd day of the 2031 league year the rest of his salary is guaranteed.
No, any season before the roster bonus guarantee kicks in.

Mactin

Reaction score
I can't see anything wrong with this deal. Hope it ends well.

ghst187

Reaction score
Prediction…analysts will soon be asking “what’s wrong with Mahomes”….when he’s not putting up video game stats and plays without Hill.