Twitter: Keanu Neal hopes to be big 'hit' in move to linebacker

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ah that was it. Tight physical coverage. That's what you read.

Anyway, no scout would ever describe Cox as physical. That was the one knock against him. It's why he was still there in the 4th round. He can get washed in the run game because he's undersized. Much like Neal can too. Neither can take on a block so neither are physical LBs. Which is why they are not nor will they ever be described as bullies.

Seems like you're just not capable of reading any criticism on this team. Even if you have to talk nonsense to defend it.
I dont know where the term "bullies" originated from, but Neal and Cox improve the defense against the pass far more than run support.
I thought that was obvious why we brought in Neal and drafted Cox.
The defense drastically needed anyone with ability to run with TEs and Rbs out of the backfield.

johneric8

Reaction score
Ah that was it. Tight physical coverage. That's what you read.

Anyway, no scout would ever describe Cox as physical. That was the one knock against him. It's why he was still there in the 4th round. He can get washed in the run game because he's undersized. Much like Neal can too. Neither can take on a block so neither are physical LBs. Which is why they are not nor will they ever be described as bullies.

Seems like you're just not capable of reading any criticism on this team. Even if you have to talk nonsense to defend it.

Yes it was what I read, but I will readily admit to not knowing everything about each player, but I do know you can't throw blanket statements over every situation.
I still see a more physical defense with the new additions and much of that is based on Parsons leading the way at with Neal at weak side I feel like he is going to be plenty physical to upgrade that position. No one really knows how it's all gonna turn out and I'm certainly not getting my hopes up, but it's hard for me to not be excited and optimistic seeing that Garrett has left the building and Quinn is now working with the dline. You and I have a very different opinion of Big Mike, I actually think he knows how to manage and get the right guys together. Sure he pushed too hard in some situations last year but I would rather see that than what Garrett did most of time time in terms of his conservative nature.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes it was what I read, but I will readily admit to not knowing everything about each player, but I do know you can't throw blanket statements over every situation.
I still see a more physical defense with the new additions and much of that is based on Parsons leading the way at with Neal at weak side I feel like he is going to be plenty physical to upgrade that position. No one really knows how it's all gonna turn out and I'm certainly not getting my hopes up, but it's hard for me to not be excited and optimistic seeing that Garrett has left the building and Quinn is now working with the dline. You and I have a very different opinion of Big Mike, I actually think he knows how to manage and get the right guys together. Sure he pushed too hard in some situations last year but I would rather see that than what Garrett did most of time time in terms of his conservative nature.

That seems like a lot of nonsensical babble in response to a simple fact that the Cowboys have two undersized LBs that aren't capable of bullying people.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Very excited to see this dude. It’s about time we get some guys that can hit again.
I honestly dont think that is what Neal was brought in to do, he had two injury seasons in 18 and 19 playing safety, and Im not saying he cant bring a big hit, but his true value in this scheme is his ability
to transition pre snap from safety/LB vice versa,,, if Neal can crush a few this season than thats what I call bonus entertainment,, but his true value will be obvious early in the season pre snap reads and adjustments..

johneric8

Reaction score
That seems like a lot of nonsensical babble in response to a simple fact that the Cowboys have two undersized LBs that aren't capable of bullying people.
I'm not just talking about two guys that aren't undersized, I'm thinking of Parsons and whomever else we have raising their games. I don't just see size as being a factor in being able to get under someones skin, I think that is more of a coaching philosophy and mindset of players. If you think those guys are too small to except coaching that supports them being able to get under someones skin you and I should just quit while we're ahead. You're hung up on the word "Bullying" and I get why, you try and hammer your point that way, but my argument is in regard to style of play and you and I disagree about a more formidable defensive cabal that can be formed... Thats fine man, time will tell...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not just talking about two guys that aren't undersized, I'm thinking of Parsons and whomever else we have raising their games. I don't just see size as being a factor in being able to get under someones skin, I think that is more of a coaching philosophy and mindset of players. If you think those guys are too small to except coaching that supports them being able to get under someones skin you and I should just quit while we're ahead. You're hung up on the word "Bullying" and I get why, you try and hammer your point that way, but my argument is in regard to style of play and you and I disagree about a more formidable defensive cabal that can be formed... Thats fine man, time will tell...

Oh, so you were responding to my comment to someone else with something completely irrelevant to what I was saying.

Size, style of play, however you want to present it, Neal and Cox aren't bullies. They are athletic. They move well. They are not physical. Neal was physical as a safety but if he tries to play that way at LB he'll get washed because he's undersized just like Cox. They both will be playing in the 220's this year. They very well might be a liability in run defense. You don't add these players if you're "looking to bully people" which is what was claimed.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont know where the term "bullies" originated from, but Neal and Cox improve the defense against the pass far more than run support.
I thought that was obvious why we brought in Neal and drafted Cox.
The defense drastically needed anyone with ability to run with TEs and Rbs out of the backfield.

The claim was made that with the LBs gone and the ones we've added, it's clear we are looking to bully people.

quickccc

Reaction score
Wasn't ex-Cowboys LB Darrin Smith around 222 pounds ?

How big was Dexter Coakley ? 225 pounds

:popcorn:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The claim was made that with the LBs gone and the ones we've added, it's clear we are looking to bully people.
OK, yea right, we went from irrelevant to bullies at the position in one off season.
The back seven improved against the pass, maybe the front 4 are the bullies.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, yea right, we went from irrelevant to bullies at the position in one off season.
The back seven improved against the pass, maybe the front 4 are the bullies.

We got more athletic. We didn't get more physical. Besides Parsons.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Couldnt agree more, younger, more athletic, and more cap friendly with the rooks,,,, there are going to be a few rooks make this roster, and some very surprising vet cuts looming.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
and basically what defines the new era pass first offensive schemes,, you better have guys that can run and cover, thats the new Goodell high flying, high scoring agenda.
I liked Collins and so did the Cowboys, that was the old school smash your face LB in this draft,, we were just too high at 10, and trading back 2 spots and getting Parsons and a 3rd was well worth the risk.
Too big a risk to trade far enough to get Collins with out the risk of loosing out on another team getting him.
It was almost like Dallas got forced into making the best pick in the draft.