Twitter: Keanu Neal out

Sydla

Reaction score
Leighton Vander Esch and Luke Gifford are your starters. Look for the 49ers to run the ball.

Frankly with the way Neal was playing, Gifford might be a bettter option if San Fran is going to run it down our throats.

Plus, I get bad vibes in the postseason with Neal. If there is one opposing player that probably handed the Eagles the SB in 2017, Neal was that guy.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of you are under estimating Neal being out. This does not just effect Neal’s position!

I liked Neal and thought he was much better than LVE at anticipating a play, not just reacting to it.

You also need to look at who is replacing Neal. Luke Gifford who had barely played a defensive snap, until last week. An inexperienced LB vs Shanahan’s deceptive running attack.

Also, Parsons may be forced to play more coverage LB than DE because of Neal being out!

This could really effect our whole D in a negative way. I hope it doesn’t, but it could!
Mukuamu got put on ice..hope he can contribute more next season, especially with all the UFA at Safety. So, now the Cowboys are down to 53.

Neal sitting this on out is best...it's Giffords turn to step up. It is what it is.

Neal and LVE were generally only on the field together if Parsons was off the field or in the 4 games when Parsons started at DE.
- i.e. When Gregory and DLaw are playing, LVE/Neal not together except in blowouts with Parsons off the field.
- That means minimal snaps for Gifford unless LVE or Parsons get nicked an have to miss snaps.

Also, Quinn played more Big-Dime later in the season.

Big Dime
- 3 CBs
- 3 Safeties (Kearse moves to a LB type role with Wilson or Hooker replacing him at SS).
- It is basically Nickel with Kearse and Parsons at LB.

Kearse is probably as good vs the run as Neal.