Keep doing nothing - don't deviate

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
I agree, but I still think Cap Boy extends Dak at the last minute, then says all their focus had to go into securing Duck.
what would be the point of doing this? at this point you let it play out... the only reason would be if they wanted to sign Chris Jones, Madibuke or another key FA... they are not doing that...they will sign a RB worth less than 3M and call it a day...let dak war daddy cook...

this is coming from someone who is Daks same age and I got his jersey entering the NFL when no one thought squat of him. I am done with the guy - he has hit his ceiling, let Trey come in an compete. I won't even let my wife wear my Dak jersey to a game, he's typically the reason for us to lose.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if they keep going as they are, they would sign a few lower level FA's to fill gaps and use their draft capital to bring on what they can
No risk of any deviation. That has been the plan all along.

They build through the draft.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
what would be the point of doing this? at this point you let it play out... the only reason would be if they wanted to sign Chris Jones, Madibuke or another key FA... they are not doing that...they will sign a RB worth less than 3M and call it a day...let dak war daddy cook...

this is coming from someone who is Daks same age and I got his jersey entering the NFL when no one thought squat of him. I am done with the guy - he has hit his ceiling, let Trey come in an compete. I won't even let my wife wear my Dak jersey to a game, he's typically the reason for us to lose.
I agree, it would make no sense to do it, but I don't underestimate the stupidity of this FO.

Also, I have Dak's jersey, too, and it has been officially retired after the Green Bay game. I'll pull out my Quincy Carter before #4.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
I agree, it would make no sense to do it, but I don't underestimate the stupidity of this FO.

Also, I have Dak's jersey, too, and it has been officially retired after the Green Bay game. I'll pull out my Quincy Carter before #4.
this is what the board thinks - we are all haters... i spent money and bought this guys jersey... i am not a hater i just want my team to be successful and with the cap hit he is holding us back from doing that - folks that cannot see this are blind

Dak Prescott would choke away the 49ers playoff hopes too - that's what people don't understand. Dak on SF or BALT likely doesn't even get to the NFCCG or AFCCG - this is a realization some have to get to. He is not that guy. If we had Jordan Love, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow we likely have that success we want. We NOW have a QB with first round POTENTIAL. DEVELOP him, not the 4th round QB who has hit his ceiling and arguing with our #1 WR who got him his second all pro. How do you think Micah and Ceedee feel interviewing with former players who keep telling them DAK is NOT the guy. It's human nature to start to believe it

JBS

Reaction score
I sort of agree, but I think there is one major issue. On paper right now I would project this team to win 9 games (So I may be more pessimistic than most to be fair)....that assumes perfect health though. What does this team look like with an injury to Lamb? Parsons? Smith/Martin?

This roster has some serious talent that has to make other teams envious, however this team has a mixture of top end guys with JAGs at several positions and really lacks depth across the board. 1-2 injuries to key players I think could easily result in a 5 win year. I just don't see the depth for them to overcome a star player being out for several weeks.
No way man. That’s absurd

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
this is what the board thinks - we are all haters... i spent money and bought this guys jersey... i am not a hater i just want my team to be successful and with the cap hit he is holding us back from doing that - folks that cannot see this are blind

Dak Prescott would choke away the 49ers playoff hopes too - that's what people don't understand. Dak on SF or BALT likely doesn't even get to the NFCCG or AFCCG - this is a realization some have to get to. He is not that guy. If we had Jordan Love, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow we likely have that success we want. We NOW have a QB with first round POTENTIAL. DEVELOP him, not the 4th round QB who has hit his ceiling and arguing with our #1 WR who got him his second all pro. How do you think Micah and Ceedee feel interviewing with former players who keep telling them DAK is NOT the guy. It's human nature to start to believe it
This. X1000.
I'm so sick of all the "hater" talk from the casual gallery. "Oh, you just want to see him lose...oh, you just want to watch the team fail...etc, ect" We all WANT the same thing. Do they really think for one second that any of us would be here if we weren't diehard Cowboys fans?? Who would tolerate this kind of ineptitude for decades?

Rock423

Reaction score
All in or all out.

At this point the team has spent ~11MM on contracts and has signed a single FA, that is the definition of doing nothing to improve the team. At the same time, they have let a substantial amount of overpaid / dead weight players go and have refused to negotiate with DAK (outside of a couple exploratory convos).

Based on this, if they keep going as they are, they would sign a few lower level FA's to fill gaps and use their draft capital to bring on what the can, roll with Dak and setup to be in a good spot cap wise entering 2025.

If they deviate off this and throw a boat load of money at dak, or over pay for some mid level FA's then they are going to end up somewhere in the middle...

Stay the course being all out at this point...if they deviate and dont hold to the strategy then we are going to be worse than if they had resigned dak and went after a bunch of FA's....

I for one am sick of this team being just good enough to be competitive but not good enough to win anything...this strategy of doing nothing and not resigning Dak could actually help in the long run....
It won’t. Have you been here the last 28 years?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This idea that you guys have that this team is going to win 5 games next season is absolutely mind boggling. Even if they sign absolutely nobody the rest of the offseason - this team will still be at worst a middle of the pack team. Which accomplishes nothing. The rebuild doesn’t officially begin until this team hits rock bottom and gets a top 5 pick. Or trades assets to obtain said pick.
The obvious preferred outcome is to trade Dak and rebuild.

There are a lot of reasons for Dak to accept a trade rather than spend his contract year as the Captain of the Titanic.

And don't be so sure that we can't be lower than middle of the pack. We lost a lot. Tyron had a 2nd Team All Pro year. Biadasz had a solid year. Gone. And we're going with a new DC who will need a retool of players for his scheme.