CFZ Keep Tyron and McGovern

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cheap is a relative term
What do you consider cheap
He’s making right at 3 mil now and he’s gonna get closer to 5 mil I suspect
He’s not that bad but you have Tyron, Martin, Steele on second contracts and Biadasz coming up soon
Hard to have 4 of your 5 olinemen on second contracts and guard is one of the easier positions to draft
Then we can agree to disagree. Your argument will not dissuade me from my position.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Tyron Smith needs to go. His biggest contribution the last 3 years has been holding calls. He was a great player but man people need to see him for who he really is. A man who needs to retire.

conner01

Reaction score
Then we can agree to disagree. Your argument will not dissuade me from my position.
Just interested in what you consider cheap
Cheap for one player is not the same as cheap for another
If you consider 3 mil cheap that is logical since that’s what he makes now. But he’s not gonna sign for 3 mil on his first negotiated contract. I think it’s likely he gets 5 mil and some may consider that cheap. For a solid starting guard that isn’t a bad price to me
My point is not so much about MCGovern. And how much cap space you spend on the oline. We have 3 guys on second deals and another coming due after next year. Not many teams have all 5 olinemen on second contracts because it’s a big chunk of cap

erod

Reaction score
I fully expect Tyron to retire this offseason.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Just interested in what you consider cheap
Cheap for one player is not the same as cheap for another
If you consider 3 mil cheap that is logical since that’s what he makes now. But he’s not gonna sign for 3 mil on his first negotiated contract. I think it’s likely he gets 5 mil and some may consider that cheap. For a solid starting guard that isn’t a bad price to me
My point is not so much about MCGovern. And how much cap space you spend on the oline. We have 3 guys on second deals and another coming due after next year. Not many teams have all 5 olinemen on second contracts because it’s a big chunk of cap
He's a freaking O-lineman. You're right he won't be cheap but relatively as an O-lineman he will be offered a team-friendly deal or allowed to walk.

conner01

Reaction score
Jerry will gladly pay him right way. Tyron is like family to the Joneses.
I think he will too
Whether or not it’s the smart move or not is debatable but he’s gave a lot to the team, signed a steal of a deal and never complained when it got way below market value
Jerry has trouble moving on from players he has a personal relationship with
I’d move on from Zeke and sign pollard but I’d be shocked if Jerry did