Keeping it real

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Rockport, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

1,706 Messages
    1,554 Likes Received
    I agree with this sentiment. Despite all the injuries this game was in reach, but being too aggressive put it out of reach. Injuries would limit this team's potential anyway, it's just annoying the NFC East is still sitting within reach. It's such a roller coaster the season is over, no wait we're playing better and could make a playoff run with how bad the division is, no nevermind.

Swagger and Rockport like this.
  2. diamonddelts

diamonddelts Well-Known Member

263 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    This game is another primary reason why the Vikings win was a bad move. Gave up a top 3 draft pick and for what? Outright mediocrity.

3. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

9,094 Messages
    24,671 Likes Received
    LOL The fans are super fickle this season. They complain when we win. They complain when we lose. I was over the season quite a few games ago. This season just doesn't have good energy.

4. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

14,343 Messages
    14,217 Likes Received
    Keeping 100 ....

we need to tank it.

[​IMG]

5. obidiah

obidiah Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    Yes, one of three things:
    °bad coaching
    °throwing the season
    °dementia
    You pick.

6. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    Losers make excuses. Winners overcome adversity.

Cmac, Bigdog and Cowfan75 like this.
  7. Swagger

Swagger Well-Known Member

2,703 Messages
    2,816 Likes Received
    But we were fine. 4 points behind. The offense had moved the ball and scored points. Defense had made some plays and stops. There was absolutely no need for a kamikaze risk on special teams deep in our own half. It was the dumbest decision I have seen all season from any team and that was the end of the game after their brainless moves in the first half. E.g. not using Zeke or a QB sneak on 3rd or 4th and short again in our own half.

We were well in the game.

Pantone282C likes this.
  8. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

22,100 Messages
    20,378 Likes Received
    We weren’t moving the ball well. We were barely hanging on.

9. Swagger

Swagger Well-Known Member

2,703 Messages
    2,816 Likes Received
    We had scored one touchdown and Lamb had dropped another regulation TD. We should have had 20 points by that time. We moved the ball pretty well on drives up until that point with a depleted offensive line against a strong front 7.

There was zero need for that special teams trick play.

Captain-Crash and Pantone282C like this.
  10. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

4,452 Messages
    4,924 Likes Received
    If only we were healthy, if only we had chemistry, if only players get acclimated to a new scheme, if only X coach has another year to adjust to the team, so on and so on. Never mind we have stunk when healthy, stunk with "consistency", stunk after adding "new wrinkles", and stunk after signing "must-sign" players.

11. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

7,179 Messages
    5,857 Likes Received
    Bad teams often find ugly ways to lose. We certainly fit that mold. The ugly reality is we are a team effectively without our entire starting offensive line and starting QB, with a terrible defense to boot.

I agree with the OP’s premise that these circumstances would require any coaching staff to try unorthodox things. McCarthy goes into every game with one arm tied behind his back and a blindfold covering his eyes.

I liked going for it on 4th down, but thought the play call was strange. Even if it was caught or drew the PI as it should have, I thought it was a poor play selection. The fake punt? Count me out in that situation. The book is out on Fassell that he plays YOLO football, and as a result I think it is becoming increasingly more difficult to catch teams off guard with a fake punt.

12. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

12,471 Messages
    6,455 Likes Received
    I actually think the coaching staff did a decent job today overall except for the fake punt. This team suffered a big tragedy on Tuesday and pretty much only practiced for 1 day. Then come gametime, you lose both your starting tackles and are forced to play 3rd string at LT, RG, and RT.

13. Motorola

Motorola Well-Known Member

1,077 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    Which makes last season's stumble down the stretch (6-4 after 10 games, then finishing 2-4) even more disappointing.

Swagger likes this.
  14. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

16,964 Messages
    5,512 Likes Received
    Starting QB? We don't have one of those. Only one close enough to that is Dalton. What are you saying?

#DontpayDak

15. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

13,725 Messages
    20,279 Likes Received
    Well...umm...what I'm trying to say...umm...well...you see...umm...yeah...she's hot!

16. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

12,153 Messages
    12,303 Likes Received
    It's just so damn simple when Rock says it. Even a caveman could understand it.

17. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

34,239 Messages
    20,037 Likes Received
    Can’t justify dumb decisions in those situations.

It was obvious how that took the air out of team still fighting hard to make something out of the season in a close game.

I’ve never seen anything so consistently dumb in 60 years of watching the NFL. Did he do this in Green Bay?

18. irving

irving Well-Known Member

464 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    Simple truth is the coaching staff is hampered by there being to many backups in the lineup. Particularly on offense. From quarterback to offensive line, those positions are extremely important to a team. Starters are starters for a reason, although some on here seem not to know that.

19. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Zone Supporter

6,013 Messages
    8,609 Likes Received
    Simply astounding calls. Scratched my head so often I have track marks in my skull. :facepalm:

Cmac and CowboysWillRise like this.
  20. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

34,239 Messages
    20,037 Likes Received
    If we were playing as well as last year we’d basically already locked up the division.