Keeping it real

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I actually think the coaching staff did a decent job today overall except for the fake punt. This team suffered a big tragedy on Tuesday and pretty much only practiced for 1 day. Then come gametime, you lose both your starting tackles and are forced to play 3rd string at LT, RG, and RT.
Don’t forget the failed 4th and 1 in 1st half on our 30 yard line that led to 7 points as well.

Those two dumb decisions fairly deep in our territory are like turnovers.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
At first glance fans are going to say the coaching was the reason we lost this game. And they would be right. But if you take the season in totality, we lost our starting QB, our starting TE, our starting LT, our starting RT, our starting CB, our starting DT, our starting C, our backup LT, our backup RT, our starting RG, our starting LB for awhile, our backup QB for awhile, one of our starting CB’s for awhile and more. I’m sure I’ve forgotten a few. So the coaches are probably thinking what the hell, we gotta try something right? I mean there’s no doubt there were several awful decisions made by the coaches. But keep it real and look at the big picture that has been this season. You’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t.
Our trainers stink. Parcells' made strict weight regime's, and strict workout regime's, and that's why we never had this many nagging injuries.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At first glance fans are going to say the coaching was the reason we lost this game. And they would be right. But if you take the season in totality, we lost our starting QB, our starting TE, our starting LT, our starting RT, our starting CB, our starting DT, our starting C, our backup LT, our backup RT, our starting RG, our starting LB for awhile, our backup QB for awhile, one of our starting CB’s for awhile and more. I’m sure I’ve forgotten a few. So the coaches are probably thinking what the hell, we gotta try something right? I mean there’s no doubt there were several awful decisions made by the coaches. But keep it real and look at the big picture that has been this season. You’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Adjective[edit]
mentally challenged (comparative more mentally challenged, superlative most mentally challenged)

1. (euphemistic) Having low intelligence.
  2. (euphemistic) Having a mental illness.
Synonyms[edit]
Derived terms[edit]

Diehardblues

Reaction score
adjective, dumb·er, dumb·est.
lacking intelligence or good judgment; stupid

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Our coaching is bad. Even the QB was lost on a designed run.
I’m not sure what to make of how bad the roster is. Sure, we’ve had significant injuries and they’ve hit specific position groups. But this was one of the deepest rosters in the NFC to start the season. 3-8 and looking like a roster in need of a complete rebuild ought to be pretty shocking to all of us.

Good points...............you are right, this is going to require a complete rebuild of the roster and coaching staff.

I used to work in construction during college to make ends meet and it was mostly remodels. Sometimes you had to tell the home owner that a new coat of paint aint gonna cut it, we are going to have to strip it down to the studs to rebuild it properly.

That is what I think when I look at this team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Good points...............you are right, this is going to require a complete rebuild of the roster and coaching staff.

I used to work in construction during college to make ends meet and it was mostly remodels. Sometimes you had to tell the home owner that a new coat of paint aint gonna cut it, we are going to have to strip it down to the studs to rebuild it properly.

That is what I think when I look at this team.
Yea, but those Studs make up the bulk of our Cap.

If we can’t upgrade in the draft and recover from injuries this team will look similar.

And most likely our ownership isn’t going to make wholesale changes in coaching staff. Possibly on defense. I don’t believe our ownership believes we are that far away except on defense. We shall see.

But if healthy we probably win division this year. Just saying. Not arguing we don’t need to retool . Just don’t think that’s in the cards. And definitely not why we brought this coaching staff on.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yea, but those Studs make up the bulk of our Cap.

If we can’t upgrade in the draft and recover from injuries this team will look similar.

And most likely our ownership isn’t going to make wholesale changes in coaching staff. Possibly on defense. I don’t believe our ownership believes we are that far away except on defense. We shall see.

But if healthy we probably win division this year. Just saying. Not arguing we don’t need to retool . Just don’t think that’s in the cards. And definitely not why we brought this coaching staff on.

Yeah, I think you are right about Jerry thinking its only injuries that derailed the season. He probably thinks that if we get Dak back at anything close to what he was and a healthy oline we should win the division next year regardless of how bad MM calls a game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, I think you are right about Jerry thinking its only injuries that derailed the season. He probably thinks that if we get Dak back at anything close to what he was and a healthy oline we should win the division next year regardless of how bad MM calls a game.
Offensively yes. Defensively is where we probably see some attention in offseason .

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, didn't those creative play calls came in handy?

1st down...

giphy.gif

2nd down...

giphy.gif

3rd down...

giphy.gif

and, finally, fourth down...

giphy.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Can’t justify dumb decisions in those situations.

It was obvious how that took the air out of team still fighting hard to make something out of the season in a close game.

I’ve never seen anything so consistently dumb in 60 years of watching the NFL. Did he do this in Green Bay?
He’s never had a team so depleted by injuries. He’s said that a couple of times already.

GMO415

Reaction score
Getting curb stomped twice by Wash needs no excuses. Pathetic