Video: Kellen Moore: Installing the offense

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
For years the Cowboys didnt let assistant coaches talk to the media. And now it's a 7 minute interview. But he needs to make Dak work on the things ...Dak doesnt like and or is not good at. I say that because I can remember a time when Tom Brady struggle throwing the WR screen (just like Dak) but now it's one of Brady's favorites.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
For years the Cowboys didnt let assistant coaches talk to the media. And now it's a 7 minute interview. But he needs to make Dak work on the things ...Dak doesnt like and or is not good at. I say that because I can remember a time when Tom Brady struggle throwing the WR screen (just like Dak) but now it's one of Brady's favorites.

I hope these changes are for the better!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Thanks for posting up this clicker link SS CAN MAN:thumbup:
* I can tell you right now, that this KELLEN MOORE has got enough slyly shrewd "inner goofball" in him to catastrophically burn the oppositions defensive ploys in his timely schemed play calling, I've known/worked with dudes a lot like him in the past, who were intellectually razor sharp & quick on the trigger in the brain work& who still possessed a big dose of goofballish humour who'd cutt - up with you at any given time,,, the getting
" over the hump" initially & him seeing success due to his play calling schemes early on, is gonna' prove crucial in his growth straight outra' the gate,,, he don't need to be under anybody's thumb or forced to be dodging the glaring eye from above,as that will prove to be detrimental ,,,I'm telling you,I can see that much, as this is about the first time I've seen him in the deeper waters on his own& encircled by inquiring minds,he's not gonna give nothing away for free to the media just by flapping his gums to the cameras ( oh,no! every body's gonna have to pay for that with the hard coin of experience by getting burned by his scheme out on the playing field on game day,as that's an inherent characteristic trait those type of dudes possess,,, straight up truth!)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Thanks for posting up this clicker link SS CAN MAN:thumbup:
* I can tell you right now, that this KELLEN MOORE has got enough slyly shrewd "inner goofball" in him to catastrophically burn the oppositions defensive ploys in his timely schemed play calling, I've known/worked with dudes a lot like him in the past, who were intellectually razor sharp & quick on the trigger in the brain work& who still possessed a big dose of goofballish humour who'd cutt - up with you at any given time,,, the getting
" over the hump" initially & him seeing success due to his play calling schemes early on, is gonna' prove crucial in his growth straight outra' the gate,,, he don't need to be under anybody's thumb or forced to be dodging the glaring eye from above,as that will prove to be detrimental ,,,I'm telling you,I can see that much, as this is about the first time I've seen him in the deeper waters on his own& encircled by inquiring minds,he's not gonna give nothing away for free to the media just by flapping his gums to the cameras ( oh,no! every body's gonna have to pay for that with the hard coin of experience by getting burned by his scheme out on the playing field on game day,as that's an inherent characteristic trait those type of dudes possess,,, straight up truth!)
Oooh, yeahhhh... You said it, Melonfeud! Feels so soothing and surreal knowing we've now got one of those rare but goofballish brainiacs as our new O-Coordinator. A sense of calmness before the arriving storm (butt-whipping). Almost feels like a high... Puff Puff Pass, Shaggy...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That was a Parcells thing. Our coordinators have talked to the media regularly each week in season under Garrett. It only seems different because it's a new coordinator.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I am just waiting on the Development of Mike White Kellen loves him . . . If Dak misses time look out. . . . Championship

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
That was a Parcells thing. Our coordinators have talked to the media regularly each week in season under Garrett. It only seems different because it's a new coordinator.
Ok thanks for the info. I dont normally watch interviews so I've been out of that loop for a while.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
But for at least the last 10 years the assistant coaches have talked to the media. Also Dak doesnt have issues throwing screens to WR or the RB.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
But for at least the last 10 years the assistant coaches have talked to the media. Also Dak doesnt have issues throwing screens to WR or the RB.
On the RB screen he was always been good. But his first two years, according to the way I remember things, he struggled with the WR screen. He got a little better with it last year, but it still can use some work.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Rather than starting a new thread, going to paste this here: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...he-kind-of-offense-hell-run-and-it-sounds-fun

According to former Kellen Moore teammate Dan Orlovsky, K.Moore's offense will be radically different than Linehan. “I think it’s going to be an offense that is like Sean Payton married with Matt Nagy married with Mike Leach. Like they all had a baby and that’s what this offense is going to be."

If that doesn't get you excited I don't know what will.

Sammy

Reaction score
Weird that Kellen will be on the sideline and Kitna in the booth, isn't it? I thought the QB coach always stayed on the sidelines to talk to the QB personally.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Parcells did not allow coaches talk to the media, it wasn't the team's FO policy until Parcells came in. And Jerry was even more quiet in those times too.
Hey, wait, bring back Parcells. :laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am hoping for the "McVay Effect" that he had with Goff because with Fisher, Goff was just plain bad. I like the idea of Moore on the sideline and Kitna up in the booth better than the reverse. Which coach has the most experience and had to rely on the mental part of the game because he really was a natural talent. I also think Kitna is more fire and sometimes that doesn't work on players, especially QB's. Moore seems to be a little more cerebral and mellower.

One thing about it, as Cowboys fans we have never witnessed what we are going to this season with such an inexperienced OC, they still had training wheels on Garrett. He's going to be in the spotlight more than any OC in the history of televising the games.

The thing I like best about Moore, other than the way others in the coaching profession feel about his potential, is that he is brand spanking new. There's no book on him, no one knows his tendencies, he has no patterns established and that can be a huge plus when matching wits with the DC's he will face. Add to this, he's got some weapons that he doesn't have to line up at their usual position and quite a few of them, Cooper, Austin, Cobb and Pollard and possibly Gallup.

The key to this for him this season is getting off to a fast start in winning over the players. Seems they're all on board now but the proof is in the real games because belief and confidence can go a long way with the most critical element, execution.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I have to say, I used to think, as a player, that Kellen was the goofiest twit ever.

However, I really enjoy listening to him talk as a coach. The kid just has a sharpness to him that I never saw in Linehan. Seems less stubborn as well, and more willing to put his players into desirable situations. Can't wait to see what comes of this hire.

CooterBrown

Reaction score

I think the league stepped in and said coaches have to be made available to the media. This is a publicity driven league.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the league stepped in and said coaches have to be made available to the media. This is a publicity driven league.

Yep. I think it's once/week, in-season. I'm not sure about the offseason, though. Though Garrett has tolerated the enormous media attention the Cowboys get pretty well. We get a fair bit of coverage even of position coaches in Dallas for those of us addicted enough to care.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Oooh, yeahhhh... You said it, Melonfeud! Feels so soothing and surreal knowing we've now got one of those rare but goofballish brainiacs as our new O-Coordinator. A sense of calmness before the arriving storm (butt-whipping). Almost feels like a high... Puff Puff Pass, Shaggy...

pass the blunt scoob….:cool: