Kellen Moore is the new Garrett

phildadon86

Reaction score
You can't even say that because in Garrett's first year in 2007 his offense was apart of the a 13 win season.......not only that but he was heavily coveted at one point to be a head coach. Helen Moore ain't SHOWED US NOTHING. His claim to fame is the first 3 weeks of last year.

Not writing him off by no means but let's be realistic about what he's shown us thus far. He's shown us nothing and we were sold on what he COULD be. Not sold what he is.
Jason Garrett's offense in 2007 was not his offense. It was Tony Sparano. Garrett has been riding on Tony's success his whole career. When Tony went to Miami Garrett failed big time.

MikeB80

Reaction score
You keep bringing up this Dak didnt want change. Where are you getting this from? Inside sources?

they kept showing those clips from that Dak interview. He said it right out himself. He wanted them to keep Moore.

phildadon86

Reaction score
they kept showing those clips from that Dak interview. He said it right out himself. He wanted them to keep Moore.
No where did he say I went to Jerry and Stephen and said I want to keep the same offense. He wanted to keep Moore because he knows him. The offense is up to the coaches. Stop spinning things to make it seem like the guy told JERRY JONES what to do. No one tells Jerry what to do.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Jason Garrett's offense in 2007 was not his offense. It was Tony Sparano. Garrett has been riding on Tony's success his whole career. When Tony went to Miami Garrett failed big time.

this is not true though. Its true they blended some of Parcells offense from the previous year into what they ran in 07 but it was garretts offense. The offense produced in his years here. They didn't run the ball enough mostly because they couldn't but that offense produces.

I am curious tonight to see if the giants defense can keep the game close enough that NY can stay with the run.

MikeB80

Reaction score
No where did he say I went to Jerry and Stephen and said I want to keep the same offense. He wanted to keep Moore because he knows him. The offense is up to the coaches. Stop spinning things to make it seem like the guy told JERRY JONES what to do. No one tells Jerry what to do.

exactly who do you think he is talking about when he says I wanted to keep kellen moore and keep the offense the same because the offenses around the league are the ones that have consistency in the system they play.

I would love to know who you think he told that to if not Jerry and stephen? Bucky the equipment guy?

phildadon86

Reaction score
exactly who do you think he is talking about when he says I wanted to keep kellen moore and keep the offense the same because the offenses around the league are the ones that have consistency in the system they play.

I would love to know who you think he told that to if not Jerry and stephen? Bucky the equipment guy?
You just literally proved you dont know for sure who he spoke to but are drumming it out here in every single thread as fact? WOW

MikeB80

Reaction score
You just literally proved you dont know for sure who he spoke to but are drumming it out here in every single thread as fact? WOW

I don't know for a fact but its pretty damn simple he told either jerry/stephen and McCarthy or one of them. The organization listened to him is all that matters and this is the setup now for this year.

could be I am way wrong and he just said to a guy at the pharmacy one day but decided to tell the media about it though.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don't know for a fact but its pretty damn simple he told either jerry/stephen and McCarthy or one of them. The organization listened to him is all that matters and this is the setup now for this year.

could be I am way wrong and he just said to a guy at the pharmacy one day but decided to tell the media about it though.
Or maybe hes just saying that to the media because he knows how to speak to the media? And hes trying to give his friend confidence? What makes more sense. a QB (without a new deal) goes into the owners office pounding the table to keep the OC and the offense the same? Or hes telling the media what they want to hear while giving said offensive coordinator a confidence boost?

erod

Reaction score
Here's the problem.

Can Dak run the same offense McCarthy ran with Farve and Rodgers?

Of course not. Hence, why Moore is calling the plays here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Very well may be the case but Garrett was the play caller. Didn't Tony also fail when he left?

visionary

Reaction score
I would agree that it was my biggest disappointment. I know that McCarthy didn't want to make wholesale changes right away, but I expected to see at least better game-planning and a little more creativity than we saw last year. Instead, it was practically the same ol', same ol'. If McCarthy thought that was good enough because we had the "No. 1 offense" last year, he wasn't paying attention. This offense struggled against good defenses for the same reason it had struggled against them throughout Garrett's run, because it simply tried to run its offense without making any adjustments to outsmart the good defense.

As I said in another thread, I was envious of the way the Rams came out and got the ball out of Goff's hands quickly to negate the expected improved pass rush from us. It had a plan specific to what it expected from our defense. We eventually adjusted, but that plan helped LA score its first 13 points. The Rams attacked our supposed weakness (the secondary) while avoiding our supposed strength (DL pressure).

At some point people will have to wake and stop saying we have great talent on the DL. We gave great talent at DE therefore the Rams ran on us up the middle and we got no push to get pressure on Goff

We don’t have a great DL
We have great DEs who will be negated against a team that can run and get the ball out quick

visionary

Reaction score
Garrett was a quarterback in the league for a long time where he learned from some of the best offensive coaches in the league. Then he was a quarterbacks coach for one year for Nick Saban. Then he got the coordinator job here.

Moore is a nobody who scott linehan brought with him here. He was hired because the public demanded linehan be fired and Jerry and Stephen are reactionary and do not make sound decisions. So linehan was fired and because they kept Garrett in a lame duck year there was no one else to run the offense they gave the job to Moore.

Somehow Someway a lifelong offensive coach Mike McCarthy who swore by calling plays and came up learning the west coast system from Paul Hackett who learned from Bill Walsh while the wr coach in SF decided to abandon all that knowledge and just let moore run his linehan offense......So naturally McCarthy kept moore around because he was impressed with him.

then we found out reality. Dak didn't want the offense to change and spoke up about it and so here we are. Last nights 4th and 3 failure sequence was sure close to the terrible sequence at the end of the vikings game last year.

and in comes Garrett’s favorite apologist to bake the usual excuses for a proven garbage HC

:facepalm:

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I'll not defend Garrett. He had his chance, and it was time to move on.

The Team under Garrett was not a championship level roster.
It's not now either.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Kellen Moore is the least of our problems. For an incompetent teenager, he had one of the best offenses in the NFL and a vote of confidence from McCarthy when he was hired.

khiladi

Reaction score
I told you..

Moore was brought here from Detroit, because of Linehan. The decision to keep Dak starting was probably Garrett and Linehan, the latter primarily because of all the changes in the offense, the former because he was upset Romo had Jerry pull the offensive play-calling duties from him. I’m starting to believe the reason Jerry allowed it, was because Dak was cheap and it was justified by the 13-3 record.

Dallas has to retain Moore, because they couldn’t afford to change the offense for Dak. They’ve been on a “Dak-friendly” offense nonsense for years now and last year was supposed to be the fruits, but the misfortune is you don’t play the Giants with a retired safety who decides to come back 1 month before the season and Commanders every game, teams that basically constitute half of your passing TDs.

The reality is Linehan put up ridiculous passing offenses in Detroit. He may be average, but he’s surely not incompetent. One scapegoat after another for these guys.

Again, Dak is starting here because of the same guys that his defenders claim are the reason he sucks..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
-Former Cowboys backup QB with very little talent
-Given an OC job way before he deserved it
-kept on as OC and forced onto new HC (Don't care what McCarthy says to the media
-Boring and conservative play calling despite being labeled as a “bright young mind”

I’m like 95% sure Kellen Moore will be the Cowboys head coach with in the next 3 years

So, you're saying if MM doesn't ring the bell as our HC savior, it'll be K. Moore doing a decade-long stint? Bite thy tongue, pls. :eek:

H-m-m, I suppose one of Jerry's decisions are of the impeccably irreversible ones, much like those of General Armstrong Custer?

Last edited: