Video: Kellen Moore 'making strides' Week 7

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Strides behind what's left of this offensive line?

Memo to Andy Dalton this week: duck!!!!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I listen to him and I just do not get excited.

I'm obviously missing something.

I think he's got too much Garrett in him. Part of the problem of being groomed in his system. I would have preferred a clean break from the Garrett philosophy. Instead, we're seeing a hybridized version.

That might be too critical of an offense that put up NFL-leading numbers under Dak, I just don't see us creating mismatches through creativity. We're still relying on the receivers for instance to just win their matchups instead of doing like Arizona, for example, did against us and running so much interference at the corner that by the time he sorts through it the receiver has caught the ball and is off to the races.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think he's got too much Garrett in him. Part of the problem of being groomed in his system. I would have preferred a clean break from the Garrett philosophy. Instead, we're seeing a hybridized version.

That might be too critical of an offense that put up NFL-leading numbers under Dak, I just don't see us creating mismatches through creativity. We're still relying on the receivers for instance to just win their matchups instead of doing like Arizona, for example, did against us and running so much interference at the corner that by the time he sorts through it the receiver has caught the ball and is off to the races.
Yeah.

I get it.

Garrett again. And even more to me like Linehan too.

I miss the Earnie Zampese Days of downing a java and twirling his pencils.

Old school baby.

:confused:

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
its a process, he was trained and mentored by the finest in the land
rqvhenqca3iqmlnmo5sd.jpg

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah.

I get it.

Garrett again. And even more to me like Linehan too.

I miss the Earnie Zampese Days of downing a java and twirling his pencils.

Old school baby.

:confused:

I thought Linehan was a bit different as an offensive coach before he came here under Garrett. However, a lot of their influences are the same.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I sincerely hope Andy has improved as much as Kellen seems to believe!

If that's true, he's got a chance. If not, it's a scary thought to consider. :eek:

If the OL gives him four seconds, he'll be fine. If it's two, he's a dead man.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Can he still play?
Yeah he can still play.

Playing with our offense like it's his personal board game called 'Risk'.

I am just not impressed with him at all.

Dak has taken the offense and was really making it hum with his play.

I just have not been able to separate Moore's playcalling as any difference in a game.

Whereas other OCs like the Rams and the Cards definitely clearly show the OC controlling the players and attacking weaknesses.

It always looks like to me it's a Chinese Fire drill with Dak needing to drop back scamper to avoid pressure then free lancing something until somebody gets open.

It's not smooth or purposeful to me.

Which tells me that now with Dalton Moore will struggle trying to call plays for Dalton. Moore can not rely on Dalton being able to improvise like Dak could do.

I maybe wrong.

But I do not think so.

:(

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I listen to him and I just do not get excited.

I'm obviously missing something.

Red--- when Moore said sheepishly "we all are really excited where this thing is going"....there was no excitment or demonstration of confidence behind his words....no one in that room of reporters along with the fans are anywhere

close to being excited where this thing is going...you did not miss a thing

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Red--- when Moore said sheepishly "we all are really excited where this thing is going"....there was no excitment or demonstration of confidence behind his words....no one in that room of reporters along with the fans are anywhere

close to being excited where this thing is going...you did not miss a thing
Correct and very observant.

The team is living in a vacuum.

It's not Moore's fault. But he is part of the problem going forward.

Big Mike has to decide how to fix it.

Hope his analytics works better than it has so far.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The offense has only been good when we’ve been behind a 100 points.

How about getting out to a quick start and playing with a lead every once in awhile?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Correct and very observant.

The team is living in a vacuum.

It's not Moore's fault. But he is part of the problem going forward.

Big Mike has to decide how to fix it.

Hope his analytics works better than it has so far.

another chatter in my opinion correctly stated that we have a combination of poor players and poor coaching...for me i point at MM...because he ok'd Nolan attempting to install a brand new defense and new scheme with very little time

to install and practice it effectively....now players are both confused and discouraged along with below average talent.....this is on MM..because no wisdom attempting this change on defense with all the unique variables this year.\

now they are scrambling and some players not hustling or some players trying to do too much and missing assignments and others are over thinking and not reacting..this year is the year for cowboy implosion....now with all these

odds against us can we rebound somehow some way?