News: Kellen Moore on Going For it on Fourth Down

Stephen

Reaction score
Kellen Moore needs to be more creative on offense. We have so much talent on that side of the ball but give the defense the same look all game. No motion, no 2 rb sets, no 4 wr sets. Everyone just lines up, and that gets easy to defend and nullifies some of said talent.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
It was a great call. Execution of the play which I put that on Kellen because he easily could have had Amari run that same play.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
is doesn't seem long ago people wanted him signed to a 10 year deal to lock him up.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Kellen moore can go. Teams ran motion or moved players around 14% of the time. Cowboys 4%. Bye kellen go back to your daddy linehan

Carson

Reaction score
I worry that the ghost of clapping past is still present with this team

His offense looked better than ours. Jones and the passing game were creative. Had their offensive line not been awful and a terrible pick by Jones they were in that game late.

Aven8

Reaction score
Kellen moore can go. Teams ran motion or moved players around 14% of the time. Cowboys 4%. Bye kellen go back to your daddy linehan

Well someone used motion and misdirection last season for the first three games and it hasn’t been seen again.

Broaddus even said on the radio yesterday that that wasn’t the offense they were seeing in TC. He said they had a ton of movement. Not sure why they stood around Sunday night again?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
What about running a crossIng route after you pass the first down marker.

I’d like to see it designed or ran that way.
Amari ran it short earlier in the game too. It was the pass that almost hit him in the junk b/c he wasn't looking.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Kellen Moore needs to be more creative on offense. We have so much talent on that side of the ball but give the defense the same look all game. No motion, no 2 rb sets, no 4 wr sets. Everyone just lines up, and that gets easy to defend and nullifies some of said talent.
I don't think this is "wrong" but talent on paper doesn't mean squat if it isn't in the game.

DAL OL was bad, BAD. Rated 3rd worst by PFF.
They have 1 TE who can catch passes and he was lost early.

Hard to be creative when you are band-aiding 2 positions on offense and trying to keep Aaron Donald from murdering your QB.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Well someone used motion and misdirection last season for the first three games and it hasn’t been seen again.

Broaddus even said on the radio yesterday that that wasn’t the offense they were seeing in TC. He said they had a ton of movement. Not sure why they stood around Sunday night again?
I think the practice reporting is crap. They hype this team up every year and on sundays its the same trash garbage. On both sides of the ball. Jaylon was supposed to be a defensive player of the year candidate was literally one of the worst lbers in football sunday.

robjay04

Reaction score
It was a great call. Execution of the play which I put that on Kellen because he easily could have had Amari run that same play.

You tie the game halfway through the fourth quarter every time. It was an awful call.

If it was 4th and goal from the one..I get it but 4th and 3 from inside the 10 isn’t a high percentage play to begin with.

The positives from that would’ve been to score a TD obviously but the Rams still would’ve had time to counter.

The negatives were either hoping to get the ball back again or risk going down by 2 scores.

Negatives far outweigh the positives for me.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You tie the game halfway through the fourth quarter every time. It was an awful call.

If it was 4th and goal from the one..I get it but 4th and 3 from inside the 10 isn’t a high percentage play to begin with.

The positives from that would’ve been to score a TD obviously but the Rams still would’ve had time to counter.

The negatives were either hoping to get the ball back again or risk going down by 2 scores.

Negatives far outweigh the positives for me.
Going for it was not Kellen's call.