News: Kellen Moore on Going For it on Fourth Down

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well someone used motion and misdirection last season for the first three games and it hasn’t been seen again.

Broaddus even said on the radio yesterday that that wasn’t the offense they were seeing in TC. He said they had a ton of movement. Not sure why they stood around Sunday night again?

Cowboys, all practice but no game.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Kellen moore can go. Teams ran motion or moved players around 14% of the time. Cowboys 4%. Bye kellen go back to your daddy linehan

Whats crazy to me is last season the first what 3-4 games we ran all types of pre-snap motion and etc. Of-course as the season went on we started to not run as much pre-snap motion but yesterday it looked like we just going to line up and beat you one on one aka Jason Garrett style of offense. I mean it seem we didn't run much playaction when Zeke was doing his thing in the run game. We should atleast run playaction 30-50% of the time especially on 3rd and short (if we decide to pass). We make it too easy for the other team. Rams seem to run playaction every passing play lol.

Rajveer

Reaction score
I swear if I got a dime for every "we will learn from this and grow", I would be buying this team right now.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Whats crazy to me is last season the first what 3-4 games we ran all types of pre-snap motion and etc. Of-course as the season went on we started to not run as much pre-snap motion but yesterday it looked like we just going to line up and beat you one on one aka Jason Garrett style of offense. I mean it seem we didn't run much playaction when Zeke was doing his thing in the run game. We should atleast run playaction 30-50% of the time especially on 3rd and short (if we decide to pass). We make it too easy for the other team. Rams seem to run playaction every passing play lol.
I watch a lot of football all teams too. I get to watch offensive scheme guys open, have creative play calls. Never see it on the cowboys. I think kellen should be thrown in the trash like his dad

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I watch a lot of football all teams too. I get to watch offensive scheme guys open, have creative play calls. Never see it on the cowboys. I think kellen should be thrown in the trash like his dad

Exactly I can't believe people even think that the wr's having cb's draped all over them have anything to do with Dak or any QB. What the rams vs us. Guys wide open with room to run. Our guys catch it and get hit almost as soon as they touch the ball. (other than rb swing passes or screens). Our scheme sucks. Looks like we are just gonna run last years scheme and hope for the best.

visionary

Reaction score
is doesn't seem long ago people wanted him signed to a 10 year deal to lock him up.

I seem to remember people on this site making the same arguments about signing Garrett to a 10 year deal . We saw how that turned out

:facepalm:

Cmac

Reaction score
Right but it wasn't his decision to go for it which is what I was responding to
OK....but doesn't he hold/have some responsibility for a good play to use in that situation?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
OK....but doesn't he hold/have some responsibility for a good play to use in that situation?
Yea I addressed that in an earlier quote. He could have easily put Amari in the slot who likely would have ensured that he got passed the line to gain.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Kellen Moore needs to be more creative on offense. We have so much talent on that side of the ball but give the defense the same look all game. No motion, no 2 rb sets, no 4 wr sets. Everyone just lines up, and that gets easy to defend and nullifies some of said talent.

The call was fine, it would have worked had the ball been thrown to a spot where CeeDee could catch it on the run. He would have probably gained a good amount of yardage too. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the call.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I'm getting there pretty quick myself.

No point of having Mike McCarthy either.

Flamma

Reaction score
How good has Dallas been on 4th and anything over a yard in the past several years? How good have they been on 4th down or it's over? I don't recall converting too many.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You tie the game halfway through the fourth quarter every time. It was an awful call.

If it was 4th and goal from the one..I get it but 4th and 3 from inside the 10 isn’t a high percentage play to begin with.

The positives from that would’ve been to score a TD obviously but the Rams still would’ve had time to counter.

The negatives were either hoping to get the ball back again or risk going down by 2 scores.

Negatives far outweigh the positives for me.
plus they threw to a rookie playing his first nfl game lol.
kellen said it was just a great play by the defender.

like you I think it was stupid to go for it and not kick and tie the game, which would have put pressure on the rams.
As it was it just motivated the rams when it failed.

Flamma

Reaction score
If you noticed on that 4th down play Donald abused Zach Martin. Pushed him right back into Dak pretty much forcing the throw.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You tie the game halfway through the fourth quarter every time. It was an awful call.

If it was 4th and goal from the one..I get it but 4th and 3 from inside the 10 isn’t a high percentage play to begin with.

The positives from that would’ve been to score a TD obviously but the Rams still would’ve had time to counter.

The negatives were either hoping to get the ball back again or risk going down by 2 scores.

Negatives far outweigh the positives for me.
Also didn’t help that after the ball turned over, we didn’t even get it back in good position, letting LA roll straight down the field.

Plankton

Reaction score
Well someone used motion and misdirection last season for the first three games and it hasn’t been seen again.

Broaddus even said on the radio yesterday that that wasn’t the offense they were seeing in TC. He said they had a ton of movement. Not sure why they stood around Sunday night again?

WeightyPeriodicIndianpangolin-size_restricted.gif