Twitter: Kellen Moore on head coach talk

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well?????
Is it deserved? His team letting us comeback last year against thme by that ridiculous onside kick,,..... could you imagine if he was already the coach of the Cowboys and his team did that? pretty sure youd probably be screaming he should be fired. But somehow youd now like him as a HC?
You're making assumptions about what I would think or feel. I know what he did at Atlanta. I like what he did at Seattle. No one's perfect.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You're making assumptions about what I would think or feel. I know what he did at Atlanta. I like what he did at Seattle. No one's perfect.
you are right... I did make assumptions. But what exactly did he do in Seattle??? he had some stud players on defense. He didnt come close to that defense in Atlanta.
Carrol is joining the Billy Boy club of "Great coaches," that are coming back to reality after losing their superstar QB.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I do not disagree with that.
Conversely, Ive been watching the NFL since 1976 and I have NEVER seen a head coach go for it on 4th and 1 from their own 34 yard line on the first possession of the game like McCarthy did.
No balls no glory. All's well that ends well.
There will be ample time in the future to righteously crucify MM, I'm sure.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No balls no glory. All's well that ends well.
There will be ample time in the future to righteously crucify MM, I'm sure.
No crucifying. IM happy. We look great and have missed several really good players for several weeks that are returning soon. We have pretty good depts all over. How can we not be happy.
BUT, that doesnt change the fact that MM has made several big time blunders in 3 or 4 of our games already this year. It is going to cost us a game sooner or later.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you are right... I did make assumptions. But what exactly did he do in Seattle??? he had some stud players on defense. He didnt come close to that defense in Atlanta.
Carrol is joining the Billy Boy club of "Great coaches," that are coming back to reality after losing their superstar QB.
I think you are a better judge than I about this. Appreciate your input.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Has no thoughts of that as he interviewed for the Egals job.:huh:
I think he took the interview to get the experience for the head coaching process. I would not be surprised if Jerry told him that someday he will be the coach of the Dallas Cowboys. It was Jerry that gave him the chance to become a coach. Jerry believes in him and Jerry is looking fantastic with that choice right now.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

Chuck 54

Reaction score
A good, highly paid NFL coordinator should watch his stock grow and practice his interview skills, but stay put until there’s an opening on a talented team, and in Kellen’s case, a star QB. Then you have a chance to be a successful head coach with a good team for a while. The alternative is to become coach of Detroit or Jacksonville or some other garbage organization with the prospective of being fired long before the roster is any good.