News: Kellen Moore signs extension to remain Cowboys OC

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Good stuff. And I totally agree. Running the ball and playing good D has always led to playoff success. Having an efficient and effective passing game is more important than accruing shock yardage stats.

It's football 101 man.. No matter how easy they keep making it to throw the ball the ability to run the ball, control the clock and to keep YOUR defense fresh will always be valuable. Yes of course you need to be able to throw it effectively, but getting away from the run the way Kellen Moore has been doing the last two years is never going to be successful. Even if the offense puts up 35 a game it will never be enough if we don't both help the defense AND get some help from the defense. And for the love of all that is holy we need to figure out how to stop shifting into 5 wide and empty backfield in the friggin red zone.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It's football 101 man.. No matter how easy they keep making it to throw the ball the ability to run the ball, control the clock and to keep YOUR defense fresh will always be valuable. Yes of course you need to be able to throw it effectively, but getting away from the run the way Kellen Moore has been doing the last two years is never going to be successful. Even if the offense puts up 35 a game it will never be enough if we don't both help the defense AND get some help from the defense. And for the love of all that is holy we need to figure out how to stop shifting into 5 wide and empty backfield in the friggin red zone.

How about get a defense that can hold its own?

Kwyn

Reaction score
So, is he getting $8 million a year? I wonder how much he makes.
Most certainly not. That’s head coach money

Belicik made 12 million
Pete Carroll made 11 million
Sean Patrol made 10 million
Andy Reid, John Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin all made 8 million

All of them have won Super Bowls

Wink Martindale is the highest paid coordinator and he’s “only” at 3.25 million

it’s much more likely that Moore is in the 2.5-3m range. Sure, maybe Jerry went out and made him the highest paid coordinator in the league but I doubt it.