Kellen Moore: The beauty of our current roster is versatility

Reaction score
For me, this is probably the most intriguing aspect of the team going into next season. How different will this offense be? Will the players buy in? Will Garrett buy in or will he override Moore given his job is on the line?

What happens the first time they lose 16-13? Do they throw everything out? Or will they stick the new philosophies?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Translate........I know what got Scott fired (lol)

He is dancing on Linehan's grave. And I approve.

iu

_sturt_

Reaction score
Will Garrett buy in or will he override Moore given his job is on the line?

As-if Garrett doesn't want to do things that might help him save his job?

Dang, folks.

It ab. so. lute. ly. as. tounds. me that there seems to be a sub. stan. tial. number of fans who think whatever a 29 year-old rookie coach thinks, that's AU. TO. MAT. I. CALLY. the fountain of all offensive wisdom, and the head coach needs to subjugate all decisions to new guy.

Mindless, imo.

Garrett will do what all bosses do.... he'll have conversations with his staff that establish philosophies in terms of play calls, play order, play packages and play design that he's persuaded are productive and best. He'll delegate, but only within those parameters. He'll let himself be influenced, but only to the degree that ideas are consistent with the philosophies he's persuaded are productive and best.

It might be different if Garrett was a former defensive coordinator. He's not, of course. He's not going to abandon his own experience and background, and especially so when his job is on the line.

That's just plain irrational to pretend otherwise. Who of any of us would do that in our own professions under the same circumstances? Nonsense. No one here is that much of an idiot, I'm confident.

Moore will coordinate. Garrett will supervise. And based on what Jerry and Stephen and Jason told us right before and right after the hire, Moore's going to coordinate with heavy doses of input from Nussmeier.... from Columbo... and from Kitna... and maybe others, but those three were precisely mentioned.

They've made some changes here, and it's not just in personnel, but in process.

The previous offense was pretty much all Linehan's.... because Garrett just had that much confidence that he and Linehan shared practically the same philosophies.

This offense is going to be the product of a group structure. Win or lose. And Garrett will own it, whether they win or lose.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
A little encouraging. But he almost confirmed that it will be the same offense and plays, just with more motion and disguise. Which I guess is a something positive.

But I'm guessing ( hoping ) he'll change it up week to week.........not getting caught in the tendencies.

khiladi

Reaction score
Linehan is a Moore guy, that ran the practices for him. In fact, Linehan wanted to start Moore, but Jason wanted a veteran and got Jerry to bring in Cassell in 2016. Expecting changes philosophically probably ain’t happening and this is more a ‘play calling’ and scapegoat for Dak change. Jerry also probably didn’t get another OC, because Jason has one year left on his deal.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Kellen at least is saying the right things right now to keep fans at bay. Hopefully it all come to fruition.

Proof

Reaction score
As-if Garrett doesn't want to do things that might help him save his job?

Dang, folks.

It ab. so. lute. ly. as. tounds. me that there seems to be a sub. stan. tial. number of fans who think whatever a 29 year-old rookie coach thinks, that's AU. TO. MAT. I. CALLY. the fountain of all offensive wisdom, and the head coach needs to subjugate all decisions to new guy.

Mindless, imo.

Garrett will do what all bosses do.... he'll have conversations with his staff that establish philosophies in terms of play calls, play order, play packages and play design that he's persuaded are productive and best. He'll delegate, but only within those parameters. He'll let himself be influenced, but only to the degree that ideas are consistent with the philosophies he's persuaded are productive and best.

It might be different if Garrett was a former defensive coordinator. He's not, of course. He's not going to abandon his own experience and background, and especially so when his job is on the line.

That's just plain irrational to pretend otherwise. Who of any of us would do that in our own professions under the same circumstances? Nonsense. No one here is that much of an idiot, I'm confident.

Moore will coordinate. Garrett will supervise. And based on what Jerry and Stephen and Jason told us right before and right after the hire, Moore's going to coordinate with heavy doses of input from Nussmeier.... from Columbo... and from Kitna... and maybe others, but those three were precisely mentioned.

They've made some changes here, and it's not just in personnel, but in process.

The previous offense was pretty much all Linehan's.... because Garrett just had that much confidence that he and Linehan shared practically the same philosophies.

This offense is going to be the product of a group structure. Win or lose. And Garrett will own it, whether they win or lose.

pa. in. full. to. re. ad.

it's hope and optimism. let's not kill this rare instance

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's easy to say we can do all these different things with all these players but when it's crunch time what plays are actually getting called. 3rd down and 3 on the opponents 40 with 60 seconds to go how will Moore call the play? And if it fails how many posters will say why didnt we just hand it to zeke...etc.

Rayman70

Reaction score
i don't think we have the right mix of talent just yet to run the spread type of offense. Our oline is very talented, but to expect them to do what is required in this scheme may prove challenging at first. Connor Williams may flourish in this helter skelter offense, but the others , I just have doubts.