Kellen Moore: The beauty of our current roster is versatility

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm hearing the offense will show the same formation, but it will have so many variations. This can solve the issue how LA manhandled us in the playoffs.

Dre11

Reaction score
I got an idea.. When you actually have tendencies use those tendencies to set up big plays.

Lol...have you been paying attention, Garrett mentioned that a couple times last season in his presser about tendencies being used to their advantage.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He is dancing on Linehan's grave. And I approve.

iu

So say we all!

Rayman70

Reaction score
So say we all!
WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO IF MOORE is less? lol...another words, what if he's worse than Linehan? Will we feel the same way? Just wondering if the stain we call Jason Garrett will sully the play calling and taint what Moore wants to do. Will it be the Garrett curse? Or Jerrah? Lets hope it all pans out and Moore is the OC of the year.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Translation : we are running the rams playbook(hopefully).
Exactly what I thought, a McVay type offense from a sense that that can run like 75-80% of their plays out of 3WR sets.

This would result in a lot of man coverage w/ #21 in the backfield.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
For me, this is probably the most intriguing aspect of the team going into next season. How different will this offense be? Will the players buy in? Will Garrett buy in or will he override Moore given his job is on the line?

What happens the first time they lose 16-13? Do they throw everything out? Or will they stick the new philosophies?
JJ put Garrett in his place already.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's easy to say we can do all these different things with all these players but when it's crunch time what plays are actually getting called. 3rd down and 3 on the opponents 40 with 60 seconds to go how will Moore call the play? And if it fails how many posters will say why didnt we just hand it to zeke...etc.
It's easy to say we can do all these different things with all these players but when it's crunch time what plays are actually getting called. 3rd down and 3 on the opponents 40 with 60 seconds to go how will Moore call the play? And if it fails how many posters will say why didnt we just hand it to zeke...etc.
That's 4 down territory, pretty sure he won't be calling plays to set up a
"Tie" score

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Linehan is a Moore guy, that ran the practices for him. In fact, Linehan wanted to start Moore, but Jason wanted a veteran and got Jerry to bring in Cassell in 2016. Expecting changes philosophically probably ain’t happening and this is more a ‘play calling’ and scapegoat for Dak change. Jerry also probably didn’t get another OC, because Jason has one year left on his deal.
moore as a QB sucked...I don't blame garrett for bringing in another veteran. both noodle armed. but one had experience.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm hearing the offense will show the same formation, but it will have so many variations. This can solve the issue how LA manhandled us in the playoffs.
its about play calling on game day...what route trees will WRs run from a formation.....the play design and scheme is fine, the play calling on game day is key

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO IF MOORE is less? lol...another words, what if he's worse than Linehan? Will we feel the same way? Just wondering if the stain we call Jason Garrett will sully the play calling and taint what Moore wants to do. Will it be the Garrett curse? Or Jerrah? Lets hope it all pans out and Moore is the OC of the year.

I don't think anyone is married Rudy. We're just happy Linehan is gone and hopeful that Moore will be ok. Given the personnel improvement and being Not Linehan, there should be a huge bump in production.