Kellen Moore was never the problem

ICP

Reaction score
After watching the Chargers run the ball up the middle over and over despite the fact it didn't work all night (it gave me flashbacks) I'm happier than ever Moore is gone.

That being said McCarthy is just about as bad

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Yes, he was.

And you'll rip me apart over this because of your agenda but whatever.

A OC's duty is to analyze his players and design an offense to fit his people.

Moore does not do that. He still does not. He builds an offense and expects his players to execute it come what may.

It's because of his coaching tree and it's a college coaching tree. He's in Garret's tree who is in Saban's tree. They're process people, they believe in 1 on 1 talent overwhelm wins and they stick to a philosophy over players.

It works in college, Saban can attest to that.

In the pros parity has made a hard road to follow.

Moore is Air Coryell, he's regularly cited it as his philosophy and announced himself to the Chargers as the next step in his offense.

It's a philosophy that many coaches like but his implementation is very old school as was Garrett's. And in Dallas it was by far the wrong system. He shoe horns his players to his system, not vice versa.

That's the OC's responsibility. So he was the problem. A great OC fits to his players, not forces his players to him. This is why Bill Walsh created the WCO.

Anyway, no one will care. It's not the narrative or the hate du jour. You'll rip and tear here but it's true, Moore failed in Dallas. He might succeed in San Die..Angeles but he didn't show it tonight or really this season.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Just because McCarthy's offense has issues doesn't mean that Kellen Moore wasn't part of the problem. Both can be true at the same time.

Qcard

Reaction score
Moore is in year 4 as an OC with no previous coaching experience at all. He’s had 4 years less experience than Dak as a starting QB. He’s now getting experience to work with a real talent at QB.

Moore, looking realistically, has one way to go and that’s up.
Yep....Kellen can only go up after last night :muttley: :lmao:

Dak Haters are pathetic

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This team's biggest problem begins and ends with Jerry Jones, his son and their ignorance of how an NFL team should be managed. Jerry has long been seriously mistaken in his decision to act as his team's GM. He's just not qualified for that role and neither is his son. If it weren't for Will McClay, things might be far worse in matters of team management and talent evaluation. A legitimate GM with the experience and the power to attend to GM matters is the most needed blessing to improve this team's managerial problems. It's just a shame that the owner and his son are so hopelessly entrenched in their egotistical denial of that sad fact.

Last edited:

Cmac

Reaction score
I'm a Dak stat guy? I'm a win guy. I was a Romo guy. The guy Dallas ran off for Dak. I like Dak. I truly do but man he has regressed to the point that he may be washed. He reached his peak years ago.
Scratching my head with one question......What did Romo win? We got familiar with gaudy stats, miscues at the wrong time, and flops in the bigger games.......while TRomo was driving the car. He did brace us for what we've seen from Dak.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Just saying..

Moore's offenses came up bad vs good defenses alot of times in Dallas

It came up bad tonight to the tune of 17 points
7 of those points were a complete gift from Tolbert and the refs. KM,'s offense generated 10 points last night despite getting the ball in Dallas territory to start drives multiple times. As bad as MM was last night, KM was worse.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Kellen Moore got thrown under the bus. His offense was top 3 or better the past 3 seasons. Now look at them. That great Mike McCarthy Texas Toast offense is flat out horrible. Ill take Kellen Moore's offense over Mike McCarthy's 8 days a week. Prove me wrong fellas.
What an ignorant statement to make when we just saw McCarthy's offense outscore Moore's offense head-to-head. The proof is in the pudding. 20-17 Cowboys.