Kellen Moore was never the problem

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore is one of the best offensive coordinators in the league. If the Cowboys continue to bomb and don't make the playoffs this year then McCarthy should be fired
A "best in the league" OC can devise an effective run game and KM never did that. He didn't WANT to do it.

So no.

Here's where the excuses fly, right?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
A "best in the league" OC can devise an effective run game and KM never did that. He didn't WANT to do it.

So no.

Yeah we're giving Kellen too much credit, he just has better players out there than us

Creeper

Reaction score
Just because McCarthy's offense sucks does not mean Moore's offense didn't have its own problems. Moore's play calling close to the goal line was maddening at times. Those WR screens that went for 0 yards every time he called one and the other goofy plays were driving me crazy. And how can we forget the last play of the game with Zeke snapping the ball and the disaster that came after that? Moore was better than McCarthy, but at this point, is that saying much?

kskboys

Reaction score
Chargers are 2-2 because their defense couldn't stop a kitten from getting to a bowl of milk.

Charger's offense..................3rd in the NFL

Charger's defense.................31st in the NFL
Bit of irony there. KMO's D was notorious for leaving the D on the field too long!!!!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Kellen Moore got thrown under the bus. His offense was top 3 or better the past 3 seasons. Now look at them. That great Mike McCarthy Texas Toast offense is flat out horrible. Ill take Kellen Moore's offense over Mike McCarthy's 8 days a week. Prove me wrong fellas.
Its not about proving anyone particularly wrong, its only that Dak couldn't function in KMs book either.
Watch how many coaches Dak runs out of here before his legacy is officially over.

kskboys

Reaction score

So no.

KMO has the potential to be a good OC, but he had huge holes in his game when he left here. Maybe the Bolts have someone helping him fix them, hey?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Kellen Moore got thrown under the bus. His offense was top 3 or better the past 3 seasons. Now look at them. That great Mike McCarthy Texas Toast offense is flat out horrible. Ill take Kellen Moore's offense over Mike McCarthy's 8 days a week. Prove me wrong fellas.
20-17 typical moore, game on the line his QB throws a pick because everybody knows late close game it's all pass.

Looks like you need to post a new thread saying how wrong you were

SackMaster

Reaction score
The Cowboys made huge errors tonight, along with a ton of penalties, mostly on D, and the Chargers scored a total .... 17 points.

And remember, KM has a "Real NFL QB" now, and this is the best he could do?

So KM may have not been THE problem, but he sure wasn't producing any solutions either.
:thumbup:

Potenza

Reaction score
I am rolling around in bed in tears. Texas toast offense. Best thing I’ve heard in a while :laugh:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
20-17 and it shouldn't have been that close.

khiladi

Reaction score
Herbert was off today. Moore had him two wide open looks he overthrew. He was throwing with way too much muscle behind him.

Quinn was playing man and the defensive front was making Herbert run all game long and completely disrupted the pocket. They held Ekeler to like 20-30 yards rushing.

Chargers are simply a mistake-prone team. Their OL is trash, in his second year coaching and came with Lombardi. I don’t know why anybody chooses coaches at such positions with minimal experience. The OL has been collapsing like that in the last minutes to end the games all season long.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
If Kellen wasn't the problem, then does that mean Herbert was the problem tonight for how the Chargers offense played all game?
Herbert missed plenty of throws tonight. He was average at best. Can you blame Kelmo for Herbert’s poor play?