Twitter: Kellen Moore will interview for the Jaguars head coaching job tonight

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Moore will probably take it. they are only so much you can do with a limited quarterback who glitches out and can't see the field when pressured.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Prredictable.

Your boy is supect and he will get exposed as a Head Coach, just as his mentor Garrett did.

Heck, he's being exposed right now.

Too much too soon. He was anointed and with the boss saying he was the next great thing, no other coach was going to dare to challenge that.

I agree he's not ready for the big chair....but it sure seems like there is a push to get him out of Dallas. I think it's media fueled because they don't want us to have success. Amazes me...we have the #1 offense...yet people aren't satisfied with it. We just put up 42pts in a half 2 weeks ago....and people are crying. His best move would be to stay put....IMO. But to have the opportunity to coach Trevor Lawrence....and finally have his offense.....(because you truly haven't seen his version yet....too many people having input).....just might be too tempting not to jump ship.

cristglo

Reaction score
Leftwich is interviewing too. He has more experience I do believe and is also a former qb.
I think if Jags are serious they will go with someone that has some experience to groom your franchise QB. Leftwich has been around and has proven himself. I think he would be great for Trevor.
Not saying I want to keep KM cause there is some other teams he could go to. I think KM has done a pretty good job as OC but really could use some more experience.

JBond

Reaction score
He will probably get the job. The Jags are looking for a HC who knows QBs. Moore has a reputation for being a guy who knows QBs, being an ex-QB himself. I am not saying he is the best guy for the job. I am very down on him right now, but I suspect he is a front runner.

But if you look at the Cowboys offense right now, it is hard to imagine how Moore is not held accountable for some of the problems. Like the dumb play calling, receiver routes, unwillingness to commit to the run, the league lead in penalties on offensse, etc. Maybe he is a good mind for offense but he might now be a good coach.
At this point... A career coordinator. Good luck to him and I would also take any promotion handed to me, but he might be smart and stay put for a bit. Learn and mature.

JJ can hand him bags of money if the Cowboys want to keep him.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Floaty is excited…

Think of it this way......If we win a title this year.....what will Kellen have left to prove here? After thinking about it...He might just take the job if we win it all....and it wouldn't be the worst move.

RonWashington

Reaction score
He is in no way ready to be a HC. The interview process will be a good experience for him however.

He interviewed for the Eagles job last year . Am I wrong in thinking Dallas has led the league in offense much of this year scoring 40 or more three times and 56 in another regardless of what Chris Simms and his scientific genius scrawls on his TV etch a sketch toy.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
He’s failing right now at being OC to an offense that has plenty of weapons. Being the Jags they probably hire him. I’m not even sold on him being a good OC never mind HC.

nobody

Reaction score
He interviewed for the Eagles job last year . Am I wrong in thinking Dallas has led the league in offense much of this year scoring 40 or more three times and 56 in another regardless of what Chris Simms and his scientific genius scrawls on his TV etch a sketch toy.

They did...against bottom feeding teams. That's good, but when against even remotely decent defenses that aren't injury or sickness plagued, it gets more anemic than it should, much like when Garrett was here. There is no way that Moore is ready for a HC position. I won't cry if he leaves for one.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Welcome to 2020 and beyond. Have you been in hibernation?
I was wondering when we would find out if he gets the job, but one thing to look for is if they dont interview anyone else.
Like jerry talked to mike and that was it, I think nyg did same with judge,
When they find a guy they like they usually stop interviewing.....unless they already had some others scheduled.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He is in no way ready to be a HC. The interview process will be a good experience for him however.

big Mike and Philbin are hoping he gets the job.

Philbin gets to be OC, and big Mike can start calling plays again.

big Mike has been carrying that play sheet (with big fonts) for two seasons.

RonWashington

Reaction score
They did...against bottom feeding teams. That's good, but when against even remotely decent defenses that aren't injury or sickness plagued, it gets more anemic than it should, much like when Garrett was here. There is no way that Moore is ready for a HC position. I won't cry if he leaves for one.

This is all I can say about bottom feeding teams the “ great Kingsbury Murray “ offense got buried by the Lions and when Carolina came to Dallas posters were wetting the bed screaming Matt Rhule was wonderful and Dallas should have hired him , well ….

Rhule will be lucky to rebuild his career coaching Idaho in the Sun Bowl if that wreckage doesn’t stay afloat ….you play who’s on the schedule that’s it in summary .

quickccc

Reaction score
He will probably get the job. The Jags are looking for a HC who knows QBs. Moore has a reputation for being a guy who knows QBs, being an ex-QB himself. I am not saying he is the best guy for the job. I am very down on him right now, but I suspect he is a front runner.

But if you look at the Cowboys offense right now, it is hard to imagine how Moore is not held accountable for some of the problems. Like the dumb play calling, receiver routes, unwillingness to commit to the run, the league lead in penalties on offensse, etc. Maybe he is a good mind for offense but he might now be a good coach.

The league leading penalties are accounted for as an entire team .. not just the offense.
And how is Moore is responsible for the penalties like a guy like Williams continues to commit ? .

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The Jags are a football black hole that Kellen can't fix. He should say "no" if the job is offered.

he probably knows it’s a train wreck.

but they have a QB and draft picks….

plus warm weather…

hire Colombo to be the OL coach.