RELEASED Kellen Moore won't return

glimmerman

Reaction score
New OC and O-Line coach. Let’s see what we do. If we can make the O-Line better and more aggressive that’s a good thing. A run first OC.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

phildadon86

Reaction score
Reaction score
I doubt it was Moore’s fault that Dak can’t read zone defenses and throws picks. You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken s***. Someone had to be the fall guy and we know it wasn’t going to be JJ or McCarthy.

nobody

Reaction score
I doubt it was Moore’s fault that Dak can’t read zone defenses and throws picks. You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken s***. Someone had to be the fall guy and we know it wasn’t going to be JJ or McCarthy.

Both can suck and be part of the problem. Unfortunately we're stuck with the other 50% of the problem because Jerry and Stephen are idiots with contracts.

Kwmike22

Reaction score
Was he fired by the Cowboys or did he fire the Cowboys? I’m not sure. If I was an OC I’d pick Herbert over Dak right now to define my career.

kramskoi

Reaction score
There are other elements at play, though.. In the middle of this season, Dak was coming off thumb surgery. Yet we still won enough.
Moore was good enough to go 5-1 with Cooper Rush. Punishing Moore for the defenses' success doesn't make sense. I see your point; I just don't agree with it.
Of course it makes sense sir. In 2019 they had only 17 takeaways but had a better offense (TWO 1,000+ yd receivers). The defense has been covering up problems for two years now. How else do you explain the end of the year cratering of the offense TWO YEARS RUNNING? So your answer is to keep Moore and Prescott together for ANOTHER YEAR? Sorry but we've seen enough of that overtly dysfunctional relationship. He should've been removed LAST YEAR. He doesn't make Prescott better. Their peer-to-peer relationship simply hit the wall this year. End of story. His offense simply doesn't fit Prescott (too many option routes for one and too many empty sets at the wrong time for another). Moreover, you had a head coach and an OC who were NOT on the same page (again...the aggressive use of option routes which puts more burden on WRs, which can adversely affect a quarterback's timing and decisiveness). Get everyone on the same damn page as far as the offense and move on.