RELEASED Kellen Moore won't return

raven55

Reaction score
a move that never should have been made he was not ready for that position. How did jerry put it learning as you go, we all learned something from this jerry and lil-jerry don't know how to be gm's

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So now that the OC and QB's Coach was let go, what will be the excuse next season when Dak doesn't bring Dallas to an NFC Championship game?

Jipper

Reaction score
So now that the OC and QB's Coach was let go, what will be the excuse next season when Dak doesn't bring Dallas to an NFC Championship game?
I think the excuse will be dak and he will be moved on from...either by drafting a guy in 2024 to replace in 2025 or by trade...it's just dominoes fallimg...

I believe if daks contract wasn't so bad they would be legit thinking about moving on this year

phildadon86

Reaction score
Wasn't about not being perfect.

Well...this is the thing. I don't know exactly what Moore did. Did McCarthy give him full reign? I ask because why would you sit here and watch the guy just abandon the run time and time again to the point of even costing you wins?

Moore had to go because his playbook is outdated. He learned from Linehan and Garrett and it shows.
The question is. Is MM calling the same offense? Or is a new offensive scheme coming in?

gtb1943

Reaction score
Well things are getting better; only took four years to get rid of the latest experiment
Took 10 to get rid of Ginger

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
To be honest, not sure. Outside the Cowboys, I generally just watch players I like. I mean now I’m pumped, because I just found out Lombardi got fired from San Diego, and Moore is potentially going to be their OC. And if that’s the case I’m more excited to see Moore calling plays with a phenom at QB in Justin Herbert.

The Chargers requested permission last week to speak with him and he obviously was the second candidate for the HC job in Carolina. Moore is much more respected than the Dak fans give credit for, but that’s because they need a scapegoat.

The potential of Moore in SD is exciting..
That would be highly interesting to watch.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just like his Dad Jason Garrett, for better or worse....I'm glad. It's good for all. We get a fresh face, Kellen can take a step back, ease up on pressure.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
a move that never should have been made he was not ready for that position. How did jerry put it learning as you go, we all learned something from this jerry and lil-jerry don't know how to be gm's
That was infuriating from the moment he said it. He handed over our Cowboys to a child. And thought he was brilliant for it. :mad:

Bagman

Reaction score
These geniuses watched him against the 49ers and decided what we needed next season was a bum like Dak Prescott learning a new offense.

The guy who produced a top 10 offense with an average OL, mediocre weapons and a fraud QB had to go.

They're like a dog chasing their tail.
An all-time top 5 post from you. 100 likes if I could.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They have to do something and this will give the Dak homers something to buy into this off-season.

We didn’t have a coaching problem. Heck Dak’s not even really a problem. He’s just not good enough and requires a ton of talent around him which his contract makes impossible to do.

Darkhound

Reaction score
In my opinion, it is VERY frustrating to see this things happen. When there is no real real evident reason for our 28 year old failure. Now, if the new OC does not work.. what comes next? Place the blame again on MM? Finally get rid of Dak? And this my friends is our cycle our, vicious cycle.

I know most of you see me here as a hater etc, but I am jusst very frustrated with this FO and the Jones family. With dumb decision one after the next. Like... why release Amari coooper... it was evident that they did not want him here. That is fine.. but why make a move that was clearly not covered... these odd choices and decisions have prevailed on our organization for decades. Jerry and co. wanting too believe DAK is elite... he is NOT.

I will test my willpower to is maximum. As long as DAK is our starting QB,I WONT EVER watch a game. I will follow, see thhe stats highlits etc... but not a live game ever again.,

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Moore will be relieved to get out of the circus and get back into football.

I also think many take the easy route in using Moore as the scapegoat, execution should always be at the beginning of the evaluation.