Kelvin Joseph: Resiliency is Part of Being a Good Cornerback

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I can't see them suspending him for too many games. In the end, maybe 1 or 2. But what would it be for?

I think he has outs. And if they suspend him, it will mostly be on political grounds aimed at the Cowboys. I personally don't think this actually warrants a suspension.

It will bring up Deshaun Watson’s case and they won’t do that.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Snoop Dogg — 'You can take your boy out the hood but you can't take the hood out the homie'

quickccc

Reaction score
Does Joseph love football ..?

That’s point and blank.
That’s something I’ve heard McClay say as first priority with players Cowboys scout of interest.

He can have his music- rap career, .. he can do that on the side career.
But his NFL career cannot be something he does on the side.

If he’s always missing or needs to be excused from practices whether injury or personal leave, ..
If we hear that he’s always fined for tardiness or no-show practices or meetings…

Is he a full core participant in offseason ? …And how hard is he grading out in the offseason ?
He cannot be in a position to where he think he’s entitled to a starting spot .. much less a roster spot.

In any sense, KJ is gonna show us whether he has alpha male dog in him to be a difference maker
… or is he one that is just content to collect an NFL Tuesday paycheck ? The Taco Charleston mentality

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I think it would be better to stop drafting these headaches.

We don’t have to worry about his “resiliency” if he’s not riding around in a car full of guns, passengers shooting people, while wearing “Bossman Fat” chains that show his real focus, his rap career.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I can't see them suspending him for too many games. In the end, maybe 1 or 2. But what would it be for?

I think he has outs. And if they suspend him, it will mostly be on political grounds aimed at the Cowboys. I personally don't think this actually warrants a suspension.
Yep, I did not think Zeke deserved one either and he got 6 games.
We shall see.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"If he makes the right choices, and hangs around with the right people, ....."

Couple of very big "Ifs" there.

He has a history of not making the right choices.... or hanging around with the right people.

The kid's 22 now... he better figure it out pretty quick.
There are many players in the NFL that do stuff like this kid....they haven't been caught, so we don't know about them. Money and fame at a young age is dangerous....many figure it out and many dont.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I should start by saying this is no attack on Anthony Brown. I think Brown is an underrated player who doesn't get the respect he has earned. He's not as flashy as Diggs. But he still does a decent job in our system. You never know when injuries can happen, or you just never know when another player is going to step up his game to beat out another player, which brings us to the topic of Kelvin Joseph.

The things he's been through this off-season actually has the potential to help him as a player, if he's able to play through it. (The same would go for his music career, imo, but that's another topic.)

Cornerbacks have to have short memories, and forget the bad plays, because those are in the past, so you have to focus on what happens next. Kelvin Joseph is facing an uphill battle in most fans' eyes. But the team actually seems like they're supporting him.

People say he didn't play well last year. But I beg to differ. He didn't play much, but he did well with the reps he got.

Right now, it's all about making choices for Joseph.

If he makes the right choices, and hangs around with the right people, he has a great opportunity in front of him to turn his life into something great. He just has to show he has the resiliency to do it. And we should all be hoping for that.

I have been too hard on you.
But watch it going forwatd.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Once a gangtr always a gangstr. He'll be dead within two years.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Does Joseph love football ..?

That’s point and blank.
That’s something I’ve heard McClay say as first priority with players Cowboys scout of interest.

He can have his music- rap career, .. he can do that on the side career.
But his NFL career cannot be something he does on the side.

If he’s always missing or needs to be excused from practices whether injury or personal leave, ..
If we hear that he’s always fined for tardiness or no-show practices or meetings…

Is he a full core participant in offseason ? …And how hard is he grading out in the offseason ?
He cannot be in a position to where he think he’s entitled to a starting spot .. much less a roster spot.

In any sense, KJ is gonna show us whether he has alpha male dog in him to be a difference maker
… or is he one that is just content to collect an NFL Tuesday paycheck ? The Taco Charleston mentality

Somehow, I think he gets what you're trying to get at here. I can't say for sure. Just a feeling I guess.

I admit. I was a Joseph Randle fan, too. But this doesn't have to be just like that. I'm rooting for KJ to turn it around, because I know the alternative is worse for everyone.

Snoop Dogg — 'You can take your boy out the hood but you can't take the hood out the homie'

That's the thing. Joseph doesn't have to live like he's in the hood anymore. So he has to change the people he hangs around, if they're not good people.

You say he can't. I say he can.

Honestly, I'm actually an Anthony Brown fan. So, if KJ gets any significant time, he'll have to be pretty darn good. But that's just it. I'm pulling for him to be good.

Last edited:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I have been too hard on you.
But watch it going forwatd.

Bro, we've already had this talk. I told you. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

I would tough it out with you, but for the past five years, I haven't been getting in me workouts.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I should start by saying this is no attack on Anthony Brown. I think Brown is an underrated player who doesn't get the respect he has earned. He's not as flashy as Diggs. But he still does a decent job in our system. You never know when injuries can happen, or you just never know when another player is going to step up his game to beat out another player, which brings us to the topic of Kelvin Joseph.

The things he's been through this off-season actually has the potential to help him as a player, if he's able to play through it. (The same would go for his music career, imo, but that's another topic.)

Cornerbacks have to have short memories, and forget the bad plays, because those are in the past, so you have to focus on what happens next. Kelvin Joseph is facing an uphill battle in most fans' eyes. But the team actually seems like they're supporting him.

People say he didn't play well last year. But I beg to differ. He didn't play much, but he did well with the reps he got.

Right now, it's all about making choices for Joseph.

If he makes the right choices, and hangs around with the right people, he has a great opportunity in front of him to turn his life into something great. He just has to show he has the resiliency to do it. And we should all be hoping for that.
Off-field issues aside, he was excellent in coverage last season. People are equating his personal issues with his game and that is so far from the truth. If he can get his head right, he's going to be a great asset. Big if.

jnday

Reaction score

The Roger-Jerry feud got six games for Zeke after Roger’s own investigators said that nothing happened and recommended no suspension. This kid is liable to get get a whole season since he was there when the murder went on.

jnday

Reaction score
Off-field issues aside, he was excellent in coverage last season. People are equating his personal issues with his game and that is so far from the truth. If he can get his head right, he's going to be a great asset. Big if.
IIRC, there was a thread recently that gave the numbers for the kid from last season and his numbers was not good at all.

plymkr

Reaction score
It's all on Joseph now. A week ago or maybe more someone reported he was in the doghouse with the coaches during the season. We don't know the validity of that report or what that means but he did not have a very productive season. Then the offseason hit and someone got killed. I don't believe KJ is some great guy all of a sudden because he was cleared of charges in the case. I also am not going to say he's a murdering thug because he is cleared of all charges. What I will say is he is a very big headache off the field for very little production on the field. I've said this before in another post but we spend entirely too much time talking about his side gig of making music and his connection to a murder. We don't talk much about his production on the field and how he contributes to our team winning. That's cuz he hasn't. So it's on him to change the discussion about him. I am not sure I will ever like KJ being on our team but as of now I really don't like it and wish he was gone because the negativity he has brought is not outweighed by positive play. Again it's on him to change that and I'm hoping he does for his sake and the Cowboys, but I'm not too optimistic.