Kelvin Joseph: Resiliency is Part of Being a Good Cornerback

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
IIRC, there was a thread recently that gave the numbers for the kid from last season and his numbers was not good at all.
The eye test told a different story during the season. His coverage after he got his feet wet was solid. Didn't hear his number called much and I can't recall any plays where he was roasted. Not saying that it didn't happen, but there are guys that still hate Anthony Brown because of one or two bad games. If we was playing poorly, esp considering his background, the hate would've been relentless. It wasn't. Factor in the fact that he was a rookie that missed a huge chunk of the season and was playing opposite an all-pro corner, I don't know how anyone could objectively say he played poorly.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Is the resilience getting a good lawyer?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also being a good cornerback is being a good, reliable teammate. I sure hope this young player keeps that in mind.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Personally I think Joseph has the talent to be a very good CB. He has speed running a 4.34 , has good size and length, and has good ball skills. It has been the off the field issues that have hurt him. Kid has some growing up to do and a short time to do it.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Sorry guys I just can't get excited one way or the other I'm so tired of these problem children that we acquire on this team if he turns out great if not it wouldn't be the first one that turned out as a bust.

We had some problem children in our heyday but at least they produced consistently on the field.

If this guy didn't run a 4-3 no one would give a hoot about him I'm more than content to just see how it turns out

Motorola

Reaction score
Two days into camp - anyone out there that can provide a snippet on how Joseph looks so far?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’d say what I really think about Kelvin Joseph, but I’m afraid his posse will find me and….. oh, ya know.

stiletto

Reaction score
How about 'not hanging with Thugs and dumbarses"? That would be a BIG part of not being a moron and possibly making it in the league.

Motorola

Reaction score
Only in the NFL, you can be suspended for being cleared of charges, not doing anything wrong doing, being innocent etc. Just ask Zeke.
Yes, it's a crock full of excrement
After the Ray Lewis cluster**** back at the beginning of this century --- under the "esteemed leadership" of the previous commissioner Paul Tagliabue --- it is a crapshoot for an NFL player who runs afoul of the law, or gets caught up in dubious\ problematic activitiy or behavior.

Former Raiders WR Henry Ruggs III - pretty clear cut what resulted in lieu of that tragedy last year.

A trilogy of "player detrimental conduct" is front and center for NFL this summer:
- Deshuan Watson
- Alvin Kamara
- Kelvin Joseph

Let's see how the commissioner's office resolves-rules in these cases.

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
After the Ray Lewis cluster**** back at the beginning of this century --- under the "esteemed leadership" of the previous commissioner Paul Tagliabue --- it is a crapshoot for an NFL player who runs afoul of the law, or gets caught up in dubious\ problematic activitiy or behavior.

Former Raiders WR Henry Ruggs III - pretty clear cut what resulted in lieu of that tragedy last year.

A trilogy of "player detrimental conduct" is front and center for NFL this summer:
- Deshuan Watson
- Alvin Kamara
- Kelvin Joseph

- Deshuan Watson
- Alvin Kamara
- Kelvin Joseph

Let's see what happens
A lot of drama for sure

Flamma

Reaction score
Only in the NFL, you can be suspended for being cleared of charges, not doing anything wrong doing, being innocent etc. Just ask Zeke.

Right, it's not a court of law. It was whatever Roger decided to believe. Under their new system, the arbitrator probably would have let Zeke off with no penalty.

Also keep in mind that Zeke was accused of something. Joseph isn't being accused of anything, his conduct is in question. Two totally different situations.

plymkr

Reaction score
Right, it's not a court of law. It was whatever Roger decided to believe. Under their new system, the arbitrator probably would have let Zeke off with no penalty.

Also keep in mind that Zeke was accused of something. Joseph isn't being accused of anything, his conduct is in question. Two totally different situations.
Well Joseph was cleared of all wrongdoing by the people that investigate if someone did anything wrong. That investigation was handled by the police and they cleared his name. But unfortunately Roger the dictator can act with full authority and inconsistency. So KJ is at the mercy of Roger. I'm hoping this experience changes KJ for good. Not too optimistic it will but I feel he's on thin ice with the team and with the NFL. If he continues to be a headache this season I could see the Cowboys parting ways with him. It would be in his best interest to get serious and mature up if he wants an NFL career.

Also I believe @Captain-Crash posted something to the effect that if KJ was the one shot we would be up in arms. I completely agree with that. We as fans would be pissed if one of our players got shot in a drive by. I don't feel we as fans would be considering the people's background, rough life or be willing to have the person get another chance if one of our players got murdered. I hope KJ has been doing some soul searching and realization a life was lost and he gets his head together. Because if he keeps hanging out with murderers then he's putting himself at risk of being shot. Anyway, I'm not worried about the length of the suspension of it gets KJ thinking. I just hope it's fair considering the information out there and Goodell acts fairly.

Flamma

Reaction score
Well Joseph was cleared of all wrongdoing by the people that investigate if someone did anything wrong. That investigation was handled by the police and they cleared his name. But unfortunately Roger the dictator can act with full authority and inconsistency. So KJ is at the mercy of Roger. I'm hoping this experience changes KJ for good. Not too optimistic it will but I feel he's on thin ice with the team and with the NFL. If he continues to be a headache this season I could see the Cowboys parting ways with him. It would be in his best interest to get serious and mature up if he wants an NFL career.

Also I believe @Captain-Crash posted something to the effect that if KJ was the one shot we would be up in arms. I completely agree with that. We as fans would be pissed if one of our players got shot in a drive by. I don't feel we as fans would be considering the people's background, rough life or be willing to have the person get another chance if one of our players got murdered. I hope KJ has been doing some soul searching and realization a life was lost and he gets his head together. Because if he keeps hanging out with murderers then he's putting himself at risk of being shot. Anyway, I'm not worried about the length of the suspension of it gets KJ thinking. I just hope it's fair considering the information out there and Goodell acts fairly.

People get shot every day. The reason people here might be more up in arms if KJ was shot is because we have interest in him. As does his family. But yeah, hanging out with murderers isn't a good idea for anyone. But it does give you a little insight to his character. You're usually similar in some ways to the people you surround yourself with.

As far as any suspension goes, the league may ask for a suspension based on the fight alone. He's on video, all they have to say is that's not conduct appropriate for a player in the NFL. But I don't see that amounting to much, if anything.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
There are many players in the NFL that do stuff like this kid....they haven't been caught, so we don't know about them. Money and fame at a young age is dangerous....many figure it out and many dont.
Money and gangsta is dangerous coach.