Kelvin Joseph switching to safety or getting some position flex?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Last year he was still hanging out with his banger friends and dealing with the fallout. The shooting happened in March if I am not mistaken. I won't say that the offseason was lost but it was undoubtedly mitigated.

Guy is not dumb and seems willing on the field. He definitely took to Bones' coaching. He has a shot to have a similar improvement like we see from most players in year 2 due to the arrested development.

As for taking snaps with S, it makes sense to play him in the slot. He has the quickness for it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Middle Bench or Left Out sound good to me.

Kwyn

Reaction score
KJ was just a bad pick…especially in the second round. What GM would even entertain burning a premium draft pick by selecting a raw, inexperienced, undisciplined football player…oh wait…never mind…we’re talking Jerry Jones here!
You should know that it was our loved and revered Will McClay who had Joseph rated this high.

Jerry doesn’t run the scouting or the draft.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Joseph was always a risky pick. Low IQ guy with talent. Total crapshoot. It’s this year or bust for the guy.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Last year he was still hanging out with his banger friends and dealing with the fallout. The shooting happened in March if I am not mistaken. I won't say that the offseason was lost but it was undoubtedly mitigated.

Guy is not dumb and seems willing on the field. He definitely took to Bones' coaching. He has a shot to have a similar improvement like we see from most players in year 2 due to the arrested development.

As for taking snaps with S, it makes sense to play him in the slot. He has the quickness for it.
Good to see a level-headed perspective on this player. I think he makes a better slot or safety myself. I was saying that last year... and still believe that. Glad to see they are finally open to the idea.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Good to see a level-headed perspective on this player. I think he makes a better slot or safety myself. I was saying that last year... and still believe that. Glad to see they are finally open to the idea.
It is completely on him. He needs to reevaluate what he values and respects. It's a pretty profound thing and he like many other might not be up for it. We will see.

DanA

Reaction score
He has talent and I’m thinking he could have a Randy Gregory type career where he gets his head in the game late but I wouldn’t trust him to maintian it long-term even if he does manage to turn it around year 3.